1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wireless NIC reccomendation for Vista

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MattM, Nov 7, 2008.

Tags:
  1. MattM

MattM Member

I have 2 USB wireless NICs that both are really inconsistent with Vista.

I know it's not my router because my laptop has Vista and works fine wirelessly and never disconnects.

I have a new netgear WPN111 USB card and a D-Link DWL-G132. After about 30 minutes or so of downloading a file they just lose their connection and I have to reinsert it into the USB interface in order to restore my connection.

I just installed Vista Ultimate on my desktop and I can't seem to hold a stable internet connection for more than 30 minutes without having to reset it.

Does anyone have any good experiences with a certain wireless model NIC using Vista?

Thanks in advance.

2. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Is this a 64-bit version of Vista? I hear horrible things about wireless card compatibility with 64-bit.

3. MattM

MattM Member

At first I loaded 64-bit, but then I read about that and now I have the 32-bit version installed on my desktop, just for that reason.

My laptop has 64-bit though and it works fine wirelessly (using the built in wireless NIC)