1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Windows 7 phone announcemet live now

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, Feb 15, 2010.

1. droxford

droxford Member

I keep seeing the same stuff over and over again.

"surf the web"
    "connect with social networks"
    "show your pictures"
    "play games"
    "organize your music"

and I keep thinking...

"big deal"
    "big deal"
    "big deal"

... What's NEW? Show me something new. Why should I pay a whole ton of money for something that does stuff that's been around for 5 years?

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

seXbox live? :confused:

3. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Think about it. Firefox vs Google Chrome vs Opera 9 vs Safari. They all do the same thing but one just might do everything faster, look better, less buggy and ect. Same thing could be said about XP vs Vista vs Windows 7.

4. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Xbox live integration.

I'm wondering how good the camera and video options will be when the various companies build their phones for it.

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

HAHA

have u seeeeeeeen the iphone UI? a black green with icons. OMG HOW ORIGINAL.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Not if you jailbreak it, guarantee you that there will be a Windows Phone 7 Series theme for the iPhone within the next 2 weeks.

7. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Jailbreak it man.

8. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Yes but changing the the look of the UI's icons does not change the functionality of the UI. I've given up on using a fancy UI for the iPhone because it takes days to create your own icons, look for a proper icons and installing a whole bunch of stuff to work with the theme and arranging it so that it will function properly. Changing the icons and theme is cool but the functions stay the same.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Aside from the background, it looks the same.

10. threedigithomy

11. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I'm not sure what you're talking about? I don't see how Windows Phone 7 look or function anything like the iPhone, android or webOS.

Windows Phone 7 Series Hands on Demo

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I'm not into any of this phone stuff at ALL. I hate it. Though I do need a newer phone to keep up with all the social networking Jones-es. The Xbox Live integration was a slight eye catcher, that a novice like me perceives as giving the phone credibility rightfully or not. They're not just marketing to the phone techs, its also to the newbs who like flash and ease of use.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Damn. I got a ZUNE HD like 2 months ago, and love it. Just wish it had the capability of a phone...would be a perfect phone...

Then they come out with this. :eek: Zune-HD going up on EBAY I guess.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Of course, themes only change the look, but there are a bunch of apps on Cydia that will increase the functionality of the iPhone.

You can multi-task(backgrounder)
    Read info on your lockscreen(cydget)
    Record video(cycorder)

Plus more.

15. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Been there, done that but that's not the point here. The problem with the iPhone and is that you open an app, you close and open another app and close it. Maybe some people like it but to me that kind of functions is boring and tedious. Windows Phone 7 has an almost seamless UI functionality. It flow very nicely. To me this look very modern and will be fun to use.

16. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gVPZKZdaFw4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gVPZKZdaFw4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Sd7a91u96Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Sd7a91u96Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8UaFcRe5mqM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8UaFcRe5mqM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

17. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

18. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

http://gizmodo.com/5472240/is-there-app-multitasking-in-windows-phone-7-hint-its-a-lot-like-the-iphone
    Looks like Windows Mobile 7 might have limited multitasking like the iPhone, which would be a downgrade from Windows Mobile 6.1 even though the interface is much better. That already puts it below Android for me, and did you really just post a beta screenshot of Android from over 2 years ago to compare with WinMo 7?

Android 2.1
    <object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I6COwgigJ-g&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I6COwgigJ-g&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

#38 TheGM, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  19. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

No, I'm just giving a sample of what I considered boring and unoriginal. Even the new android 2.1 and it's UI look and function pretty mediocre. Yes, it might not have multitasking but from what I've read or heard that they are implementing a way around that which I thought could work pretty well. Windows Phone 7 totally give me something totally new and modern and fun to use. The phone OS is totally unique than any phone OS out there at the moment.

20. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

In what terms is it mediocre? It is by far the most customizable home screen of all the OS's out there, everything from skins, widgets, and themes all available directly from the built in App Market. The fact that Microsoft is not allowing skins is disappointing, especially when that's exactly which kept Windows Mobile 6 bearable. It's also going to be missing Flash when it launches, while both Android and WebOS should have it then. Don't get me wrong, it's still a huge improvement over. The Zune like interface is great and I want to see what exactly they do with Xbox Live integration.