1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Window of opportunity... closed?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaunjon, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

With every game that passes in seems more evident the Rockets window of opportunity has closed. Even with the addition of Artest, this team obviously has some huge issues. T-Mac will probably never be the same superstar playmaker who can put up 40 on any given night or have that explosiveness he did a few years ago, and the chemistry isn't there anymore even though there weren't many changes in the core roster besides Artest. Im not some fairweather fan but I honestly see this team going nowhere fast.

Opinions?

2. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The window hasnt completely closed until April. No matter WHAT kind of crap the Rockets endure this season, it isnt over until it's over.

*First post!* :D

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Shut, this team is dead as it is assembled, Morey needs to fix it STAT !

DD

5. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

If the Rockets have another one and out year, then it's seriously time to start considering moving some pieces and maybe just rebuilding from scratch.

6. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

The window was never open.

7. boiler

boiler Member

Have the rockets ever had that window? lol.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

DD, as a few year lurker who finally joined, let me say that I enjoy your opinions even if I won't always agree.

I believe the team will continue to toy with our minds right up until the end.. but I guess it is dead as far as reason is concerned.

9. rnrhodes21

rnrhodes21 Member

Not much to say, other than I agree! This is horrible....

10. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

And we all thought with the addition of Tmac would bring us at least one maybe two championships to Houston. It didn't happen, so we got Artest. Then most of us thought we'd get a championship eventually. Now, it doesn't look like we'll see another championship for another 20 years.

11. AGBee

AGBee Member

Too many years spent dicking around with substandard PG's.

12. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

Im not just talking about the season. I agree with you there is still hope, but this teams core is getting older and even starting to decline (T-Mac). It's kind of sad when the bench players outplay our starters.

The chemistry, coaching, and declining athleticism is killing this teams hopes for any playoff success

13. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Rox is in a windowless PANIC ROOM.

14. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Rudy Gay on this team would've opened a window of opportunity.

15. IAmFromBeijing

Window of opportunities? What window of of opportunities are you talking about? The Rockets never had any since Dream retired. ;)

16. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

haha yea, and the lack of a pure shooter

17. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

No, its not closed. However, it is closing quickly with how they have been playing lately.

18. Classic

Classic Member

Yup, this team would have been good as assembled from 2003 to 2007. It's hard to watch these guys just get out played every night. They try, and don't think they don't, but this team and the main players are just not what they used to be.

It'd be perfect if we had:

06-07 Yao
    04-05 McGrady
    03-04 Artest
    98-99 Barry
    an nba seasoned 06-07 Scola
    94-95 Deke
    06-07 Battier
    Never Alston
    06-07 Chuck Hayes

Stats guru approach is looking overrated but probably makes a hell of a sales pitch to the gulible.

19. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

ahhh yes, every Rockets fan "What if..."

20. AggieRocketFan96

I honestly don't see this Rockets team in its current configuration making it to the playoffs, for that matter finishing above .500. If the roster doesn't change significantly, I think this team is on the verge of a collosal collapse. Too many key rotation players (Battier, TMAC, Artest, Rafer) are consistently bad night in/night out and the coaching has definently been poor. Added together and its a recipe for a perfect storm of a rapidly declining team.