1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Windhorst: Wasting money if you bet on Lebron to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 12, 2018.

1. sabesque

sabesque Member

I'm not saying he's not right, but we all need to keep reminding ourselves that this is all about click-worthy content right now.

the ONLY job these reporters have right now is trying to come up with **** based on this situation.

DonKnock likes this.
  2. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Why is this a thread? Windy is literally saying he doesn't know if it's feasible with roster construction and salaries... As Bima and others have suggested... it is feasible. Is it likely? That's a whole nother question.

It's just the fact that Windy doesn't really know what he's talking about. This is all click-bait. Stop making these threads and create a single Lebron rumor thread. No sense in getting all worked up over opinions when we are less than three weeks away from finding out the opt-in or out.

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LMAO
    That picture!

Rocket River

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I've been reading stories and listening to podcasts ever since we were eliminated and I haven't heard a single positive thing said about Houston yet. All I hear is, "they are fools to think they can get Lebron" or "their roster is trash and they have no assets to change the roster in a meaningful way", etc. I mean we are talking about the 2nd best team in the league and a Chris Paul Hamstring away from a title this year yet everyone is just hating hard on Houston. I just don't get it. It's like this childish game of a handful of people trying to dictate who/what is 'cool'. Grow the **** up and give a team it's due and stop crapping on them just because someone else said they aren't cool.

5. Nook

Nook Member

I have no idea if LeBron is going to Houston. Perhaps LeBron really doesn't like the fit with James Harden.

However, I do know that LeBron James is very tight lipped and he isn't going to give any information to Brian Windhorst. They get along okay, and have known each other for a really long time but LeBron has never given information to Windhorst and has pointed him out as someone he wouldn't give information to. So while Windhorst sees a lot of things covering James and has gotten to know him well, he doesn't have a tight relationship with him.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Have y’all seen windhorst lately? That dude has gotten even fatter.

Cash Cam and J.R. like this.
  7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Why does this matter?

BMoney likes this.
  8. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

You think it's two friends making jokes at each other? Have you heard the rap? Twitter response? Ball hit kuzma below the belt on his enstranged father. I doubt thats friendly diss track.

D-rock likes this.
  9. brosef

brosef Member

its relevant if you ask me.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The original source of all the salt is r/NBA. Venturing over there as a Rockets fan is like swimming in the ocean with your mouth open. They despise us to the point where I've actually seen comments talking about retracting our franchise, and getting upvoted for it.

11. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Weeks ago people were saying how houston was the go to spot for lebron

Media is pushing hard to make it a bad narrative. They want him so bad in LA they are pulling out all the stops.

everyday eddie, D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not feasible under the rules? Sounds like he means the financials. Which is true. The Rockets can't sign him outright. A sign-and-trade would be nearly impossible without letting some guys go and convincing others to take paycuts. And opting in and being traded here would mean convincing Cleveland or some other team to take Ryno off our hands.

I still think If LeBron wants to be a Rocket that badly, Morey will find a way to make it happen and the Cavs organization will accommodate him(to an extent). But obviously it all starts and ends with what LeBron actually wants.

13. baubo

baubo Member

To me this sounds like a shout-out to Harden and whether Harden will defer to LeBron in Houston. The “fit” is essentially the pecking order in crunch time and presumably LeBron wants to be the man whereas cp3 clearly was willing to be secondary option. Difference between LeBron and Durant is that LeBron needs to be the clear number one option.

I don’t think this is a non-issue like most fans here think. It can obviously work but definitely require Harden and LeBron to be on the same page.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's absolutely two friends making jokes. Kuzma even replied with, "No Pusha T comeback from me. I'mma just whoop your ass on Wednesday." Nobody is taking that seriously whatsoever. Sometimes friends cross the line with each other.....we don't know the extent of their relationship.

15. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

I dont know about you but whataburger is pretty consistently good around here.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's 100% a complete joke. you actually took it seriously? wow lol. assuming you're still in grade school. relax

those two roast each other on social media all the time.

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I’d be lying if I said that my optimism about Bron Bron to Houston has ever been in much supply; just too difficult to effect. (Paging: Super Magician DM the GM)

18. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

This guy is pretty trustworthy when it comes to Lebron news..
    i just hope Lebron lets CP3 know ASAP that hes not coming so we can move on..

19. basketballholic

This.

Windhorst is LeBron's tool. He stays in LeBron's good graces with stuff like this. Only reaffirms to me what I've already heard. 90% LeBron comes here. Gotta force a trade. Notify late. Give Rox time to talk to Capela and other teams to work out best deal possible. Then spring it on Cavs late.

20. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member