1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Windhorst: Lakers might acquire Lebron once Kobe retires in 2014

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Riley is big on the family type environment so I don't see LeBron leaving, especially with one of his best friends there. I think his relationships there trump what LA can offer.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Really can we somehow terminate those rumors.... LA has no lakes seriously

3. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

4. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

LOL... *sobs* ... LOL ...

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If this were the NFL / NHL I wouldn't believe it but this sounds so NBA-style horrible that it has to be true.

6. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

I stopped watching the NBA when the lakers got Dwight. This league has turned into a joke IMO, and it's just not fun to watch. What's the point if your team has no shot at all? They really need to follow the NFL model for more parity.

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Celtics big 3 - ehh im cool with that

Miami big 3 - i hope this is the last super team

Lakers big 3 - the nba is turning into a joke

8. lakers4life

lakers4life Rookie

Why? I'm a laker fan who lives in LA but I would never want Houston to fall in the ocean. Just because we humiliated you in the past doesn't mean you should want us to die. Its not my fault we have the best front office and management and GM in the NBA...

9. lakers4life

lakers4life Rookie

Us lakers got kobe by trading him for our starting center in 1996. everyone thought we were crazy for doing that but look at kobe now.

we drafted bynum as the 10th pick in 2005. we developed him into the second best center. dwight wanted to be traded and bynum for dwight is a fair swap.

pau trade was good for both teams because look at the grizzles now. because of that trade, they rebuilt and became a good team.

nash wanted to win a ring before he retired so we got him by trading 4 draft picks and 8 mill cash. now the suns can rebuild and become good.

its a pretty fair way to make a super team you know

10. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Typical Lake fan bias. The best center in the game for someone that cant even play a full season is NOT a fair swap.

The Pau trade was trash. It is pure luck the Marc Gasol lived up to his potential. It took years for the trade to look even close to fair.

Lol @ thinking the suns can rebuild using ****ty end of the 1st round picks from LA.

11. lakers4life

lakers4life Rookie

actually.. the only games bynum missed last year was due to the suspension for hitting barea in the playoffs. he had an amazing season.

pau trade was trash? haha ok all the memphis grizzles fans are happy about that trade. they got to rebuild, rudy gay got his chance as the main option, they got o.j mayo in the draft, signed zach randolph plus more. oh yeah and marc gasol was an all star last year.

and for the suns, they got kendall marshal, goran dragic, michael beasley, luis scola, plus more and the 4 first round draft picks plus 8 mil in cash. pretty good swap for an aging nash. so much potential in that team.

12. jbasket

jbasket Member

lol. just lol. Lakers fans... Lol. Is kobe bryant better than Lebron right now?

13. lakers4life

lakers4life Rookie

hey you know its true that those trades we made are beneficial for all parties, after all the other teams have to accpept those trades right?... but anyways about kobe and lebron..

lebron is the better player right now, but kobe is still a better scorer, more clutch, able to close games best in the NBA, better defensively, better shooter.

Most importantly, kobe is by far the better playoff performer. if i was in the playoffs i would want kobe on my team. if i was in the regular season lebron would get the edge right now. as a Lakers fan im 100% happy to have him at age 34 playing 100%. i wanna see lebron be able to be 100% as good as he is now at age 34, also considering all of kobes injuries its just crazy how tough he is. hes tougher than anyone

14. Icehouse

Um, did you watch the playoffs last season? In case you missed it, Miami and LA both played the same team in the playoffs. One team lost 4-1 with their star looking like garbage for the majority of the series, blowing games and getting outclassed by Durant. The other team won 4-1 with their star looking like the best player in the league for the makority of the series, stepping up in the clutch and clearly showing Durant was not on his level. What year has Kobe ever performed as well as LeBron did in the playoffs last year?

15. lakers4life

lakers4life Rookie

you gotta be kidding me. you should really watch the games before saying that.

in that series, gasol was nowhere to be seen. at all. he didnt help at all. i cant explain how horrible he was. he never showed up.

bynum was also sleeping in this series. he was nowhere to be seen. again, you should have really watched those games before saying this. he chocked in this series. did absolutely nothing.

ou starting pg ramon sessions was also horrible. he was choking the whole series. westbrook was killing him.

and the lakers bench... oh my god. trashiest bench ever. EVER. our best bench player was matt barnes. hahaha im sooo glad hes on the clippers now.

okc had a way better team. the lakers were actually pretty close the whole series. it was just the difference of two turnovers that cost them two games in the series. and in the last game, game 5, kobe scored 42 points and kept them in the game. but everyone else was trash. just horrible. the lakers had no chance with that horrible team.

But lebron? after chocking last year he finally played good in his second try vs the inexperienced thunder. the thunder choked in the finals, they let go all the games they were close in. durant played good but it was his first finals so he wasnt as good as he really is. westbrook played ok but he cost them them by not showing up in the late 4th. harden was nowhere to be seen the whole series. i wont blame them, that was there first finals. exactly like how lebron couldnt hande it in 2007 and 2011. their no kobe, they coulnt handle it.

16. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Lebron's 2012 playoff run was more dominant than any run Kobe has ever had in the playoffs(Kobe's best run would be 09 and 12 Lebron was more efficient, nearly had double the rebs Kobe had, better defensively, etc). Also don't get me started about the ECF being weak. It is weak but the ECF still has the best defenses in the league and Bosh was out for a lot of the playoffs and Wade gimpy.

2011 Lebron choked in the Finals but I have no clue how you can mention 2007. In 2007 Zydrunas was Lebron's second best player, then Drew Gooden, then a few average players and a bunch of players that wouldn't even be second string caliber players on many teams.

Not one all star caliber player. One of the worst benches in the league. No surprise he got swept in that series.

17. 713

713 Member

but Kobe is the greatest of all time behind MJ

;)

18. lakers4life

lakers4life Rookie

more dominant than all of kobes runs? lol

wernt dwight howard AND derrick rose injured and out of the playoffs?

didnt the pacers almost beat the heat in the second round?

wasnt the celtics series vs heat in the ecf rigged for the heats favor? celtics didnt get some late game calls in the end and not to mention, lebron was travelling in the 4th. (prrof) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVBYnbEATeg
    also: http://www.youtube.com/watchv=FvMG7mZGo04&feature=rĀ­elated

but yeah in 09 kobe went past yao ming, ron artest, carmelo anthony, chauncey billups, deron williams, carlos boozer, dwight howard. lol at you man

19. lakers4life

lakers4life Rookie

oh yeah and also explain to me why did drew gooden outplay lebron in 07 finals?

20. Icehouse

Neither was Kobe in 4 of the 5 games.

Neither was Kobe in 4 of the 5 games.

Kinda how Kobe choked at the end of 2 games in that series?

Kobe was horrible as well. Wasn't Westbrook killing him too?

Kobe played like garbage regardless.

Turnovers made by who exactly??

The same Thunder that Kobe played horrible against?