1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Windhorst] Daryl Morey is not done; is trying to get Melo and Paul George

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Jun 28, 2017.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

With all these moves being made (even if we had to trade for Melo) I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see, not just the banana boat dream, but the round table scene as a possibility if Wade ends up being bought out.

[​IMG]
    My pipedream

BigMaloe, DonKnock, Emtenndo and 4 others like this.
  2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I think you wouldn't want to extend him now for flexibility. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but by not extending him now and letting him be a FA you can use that cap space to sign other folks and then go over the cap to re-sign CP3 since we have his bird rights.

BigMaloe, DonKnock, mikol13 and 3 others like this.
  3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

How about me? Yesterday morning I was dead tired after working 5 12s out of 7 days at the hospital. I placed 2 matches sticks to keep my eyes open while furiously browsing and F5ing Clutchfans.

Damn you Morey.:)

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Anybody else not want LeBron? First I laugh then I cringe at the thought of him coming here. I want to be the team that beats him. And I like him a lot. Just not on Houston.

Another Brother and napalm06 like this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

That wasn't meant to be negative. I was trying to say even our worse case scenario could be a dream scenario for us just for the fact that we got CP3. We either win a championship or lose in the Finals or we lose CP3 and get another star in return via sign and trade (Kyrie since he plays CP3's position). Hell, even if we got Love in return and the cap to go after Boogie and better fits would still be win-win.

I don't see many scenarios where CP3 just straight up leaves us with nothing. I don't see any scenarios where we lose big and end up a garbage team. Were going to be contenders for the rest of Harden's prime now because of this move IMO regardless if CP3 is in a Rocket uniform beyond this coming season or not.

I'm trying to say we won the ****ing lottery. Maybe not the billion dollar prize like the Warriors, but the next best thing.

Emtenndo, mikol13 and FLASH21 like this.
  6. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

If it means we will win a ring, I could give a damn about the pride in being the team that beats him. I see your point, but by the time we built our team to be that strong, he will be out of the league. You bring him down here, your chances of winning a ring are stupid high.

7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Jennings has been very vocal lately, one of his close friends is a frequent contributor on a podcast and he has been gradually spilling more and more NBA goings-on; whether himself or through his friend as an intermediary.

Not that you need any additional validation of course, just for the doubters among us:)

Thank you as always.

BigMaloe, jnuge90 and mikol13 like this.
  8. lionaire

lionaire Member

Nah. Pretty sure you're alone on that island. Just stay there.

9. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

No thanks to Melo. Yes please to Paul George. Morey needs to be smart about building a superteam, not desperate. Golden State isn't just some mere superteam...their pieces actually fit well together and complement each other.

Unless the Rockets can get somebody that can guard Durant at least a little bit (only a few players in the league can do that), GS will still be heavily favored next season.

MrSabotage likes this.
  10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I would be a hypocrite. I criticized Durant going to GSW. LeBron coming here would be awfully similar. I could probably live with it though.

lionaire likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

people criticized lebron also but look at people now. he's the good guy once again and one of the faces of the league. that's just sports

DonKnock likes this.
  12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Rationalize it.

Lebron would only be doing it because KD did it first and so now the only way Lebron can compete is to do it too.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

fixed

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

There is something "ok" feeling about Harden, CP3, Melo, PG13, Millsap or whomever teaming up. These are guys that ahve failed in the playoffs, often to the Lebrons and now GSW's of the world, trying to get over the hump.

Would I say no the Lebron. F'no. That's ludicrous. But as a non-biased outside NBA observer, it wouldn't seem as meaningful to the city... just a championship for hire at that point... which is fine, lol.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Exactly the same thought. And multiply it by 10 for Kevin Durant (minus the liking him part.)

Astrodome likes this.
  16. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Are you about 6 years old? Guessing you are too young to remember LeBron "taking his talent to Miami" to "team up" with Wade and Bosh to chase rings. Weren't they winning 6 rings?

17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I agree. Millsap would ideally be our 4th best player instead of the 3rd, but that's a very tall task. I just think he's criminally underrated. And fit is still very important even when facing the Warriors. We don't necessarily need another ball dominant player. Our window to compete is very short, perhaps only two or three seasons so we need guys that would contribute best next to CP3 and Harden right now.

I mean, would you rather have Marc Gasol or Demarcus Cousins? Cousins' numbers dwarf Gasol's, but in terms of overall impact and fit I'd rather have Gasol. Gasol is a far better defender, a great primary and secondary passer, and most importantly is always a professional. Cousins could take us to the next level, but he could also destroy our team. You can't always chase the biggest talent. Sometimes other guys will have a bigger impact. GS lost the Dwight sweepstakes, but that ended up benefiting them when they picked up Iggy instead who later won finals MVP. If they had Dwight instead of Iggy, Bogut, and Barnes I dare say they wouldn't have a single championship right now.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. PhiSlammaJamma

Windhorst has been funny, saying it's genius because half the players traded weren't even on the team to start the day.

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Your right he actually came in at number 51 lol.

Espn put out the list last month

Harden is 38 or somewhere around there.

My point is that cp3 and Harden are very recognizable athletes all over the globe.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  20. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member