1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Windhorst] Daryl Morey is not done; is trying to get Melo and Paul George

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

Let's say CP3 and Harden don't work out.

Let's say Melo gets his way and is bought out and joins the CAVS. Throw in a bought out DWade

Let's say next off-season CP3 wants to go to the CAVS to join the banana boat .....We can't just lose him for nothing right? Would we get screwed and have to deal for Love or Thompson? Why not force their hand and sign and trade for Kyrie? That's like a win-win for us just to have CP3, even if it doesn't work out, b/c i highly doubt there's anywhere else CP3 would want to just leave and sign straight up with.

BigMaloe and rockpileindisma like this.
  2. s3ts

s3ts Member

Is it possible that we just extend him right now?

3. malakas

malakas Member

If CP3 and Harden don't work out, at least we tried. We gave it go which is more than most other teams can even try to do.

Also CP3 isn't going to go to the Cavs. Gilbert started his usual meddling and Lebron is about to leave.

BigMaloe, DonKnock, Von Rafer and 6 others like this.
  4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

People need to stay far away from Cleveland.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Rumors of them wanting to trade kyrie also smh. That place is going down fast.

BigMaloe, DonKnock, Von Rafer and 2 others like this.
  6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Wow, there's our stretch 4... Tobias Harris + Melo and we keep Ariza? Sah-weet!

One thing though, that most likely means Capela is outta here. If i'm not mistaken.

DonKnock likes this.
  7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

In all of what you said, I didn't see anything that would lead to Blake and Cp3 not wanting to play together. That's probably why I hadn't noticed these stories over the years that you're talking about.

The first quote--besides the fact that there is the word "maybe" in there--is not even specific to Paul and Griffin. The dj thing is between Paul and dj not sure what that has to do with Griffin.

And the only thing mentioned that has to do with their relationship directly may or may not be true, but even if it is what exactly does that mean?

I get tired of **** my wife does but that doesn't mean I hate her or want a divorce. People who are close have heated disagreements or get tired of each other sometimes. What I was looking for was something that directly said Cp3 doesn't want to play with Blake that wasn't reported within the last 24 hours. Because everything before that said that Cp3 was most likely going back to LA. Once he left, then all the justifications came out.

Absolutely. And just to be clear on my position, I take everything with a grain of salt no matter who the source is. Not only because they could be lying, but they could just have inaccurate or fluid information that has changed since they heard it.

The only reason I quoted you though, is just because I found it odd that you'd take part of what cod said as gospel and then flat out rule out the other pieces of info.

But I completely agree. We believe what we want to.

FLASH21 likes this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'm sure they do. DeAndre is a pretty well liked player around the league, and he's been good for CP3 as a P&R partner who doesn't require post ups, etc.

However.... CP3 is going to like Capela & Nene (if resigned) even more because you can actually play them at the end of games because they can actually shoot free throws. Well... Capela is much improved, and Nene can.

I think DeAndre is a pretty darn good center for what he does, but the flaw of not being able to play at the end of games would certainly make me think twice about trading for him especially when you have some pretty good options already at the 5 that will be PERFECT for CP3 and the diversity of having two options to sub in and out matters greatly.

9. PatBev

PatBev Member

It's just like why KD is waiting till the end of July to sign another contract. These guys know with super teams you can't handcuff the team with a max contract. CP3 is probably waiting to see what pieces will come and already knows he's probably gonna have to take a pay cut like KD is willing to do now

DonKnock likes this.
  10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

He fully intended to sign a 4 year max with us this Saturday. We worked this deal because it was mutually beneficial. Unless something catastrophic happens this season, it would be a major shock for him not to re-sign.

#470 Fullcourt, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    DonKnock and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

That banana boat team might just happen in Houston if we are able to get Melo. That's 2/4 pieces. Wade (if bought out) might be the 3rd piece. That juts leaves LeBron. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it would certainly increase our chances if we get the other two guys.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The answer it yes, I believe.

But if we sign him to an extension now it will hit the books now... which may be the reason for the hold off.

Again, I'm no cap guru, just my honest opinion.

fallenphoenix likes this.
  13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Well good luck with a team where maybe two players care enough to play defense if we get Melo, Fournier and Jennings...ugh
    Those 2 would be CP3 and Capela.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm pretty sure he said Jennings was talking... not that he was coming here.

Maybe Fourner, most likely Melo, and definitely Tobias Harris as the hidden gem for us is how I read it.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Codman, keep fighting the good fight and bringing us what you hear. I guess I'm starting to think Melo might be that third star, if bought out, with good fill-ins from around the league; unless Blake Griffin comes along (we'll have to watch you and malakas hit the BG tennis ball back and forth), which can only happen if Ryno is traded for cap space somewhere.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

To be fair (and not saying i do not agree with you, in fact i do, aside for Vuc if you mean he would get traded for Anderson), we always talk about what players want to do, about how they are etc...like "Paul will never leave the super max since he negotiated it" or Pau "not getting a paycut to help the Spurs", "Blake wants to be in LA to be an actor"...reality is we don't know **** until things come out for real lol...so, who knows.

Again, not disagreeing with you, in fact i think the same about what you wrote here, just a thought lol

koby1868 and BigMaloe like this.
  17. Caesar

Caesar Member

But hasn't that been the banana boat dream all their basketball lives? They all have always wanted to play together, and the best chance for that is to do it in Cleveland or Houston now. If the CAVS got Melo and Dwade via buyouts, they would only need CP3 to complete the best friends banana boat team, why would they all leave to join up on another team where salaries wouldn't work unless major pay cuts happened?

If it were to happen here in Houston, you would need to see Melo and DWade bought out and come here for cheap 2 year contracts and then LeBron joins us next off season with a resigned CP3. But, you would also need to stand still and go into this season with Ryno and our contracts and try and trade them next year for cap to fit LeBron.

I know, i know...media thinks everyone wants to play for the Lakers...but i just don't buy it.

My point though is that i really think if CP3 doesn't work here, were going to get a sign and traded player in return next off season. A good one too. That's why i'm saying it's win-win. You had to take the chance anyway. I'm just rambling and getting a year ahead of myself and pipe dreaming of a best case scenario where we get LeBron or a worst case scenario where we get Kyrie lol.

BigMaloe and mikol13 like this.
  18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Melo coming to Houston via a buyout would most likely be our best chance at landing a 3rd star without losing any of the major role players like Ariza, Capela and E.G. Btw, Capela and Nene's per would skyrocket with CP3 feeding them easy buckets.

I know most of us want Paul George, and a team comprised of Harden, CP3, and PG would be a must watch tv, but is it even realistic? Master Jedi Morey is at work so I supposed everything is possible.

Can't wait to see the final product.

DonKnock, Pen15clubber and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Thank you for being so negative. You sure did pumped me up for next season...

DonKnock likes this.
  20. PatBev

PatBev Member

This Chris Paul trade and waiting for the next star is really affecting my school work the past two days

BigMaloe likes this.