1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wimbledon 2015

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by hooroo, Jul 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Final between Djokovic v Federer on right now. Great match so far.

2. cardpire

cardpire Member

i had commented in women's thread.

that was best tiebreak i've ever seen.

3. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

SCREW THIS SH**, I HATE THAT FOOL DJOKER

4. jdh008

jdh008 Member

That second set tiebreak was incredible, and all told, we were treated to nearly three hours of really high-quality tennis.

But with that being said, as much as I appreciate the greatness of Roger, Rafa, and Djokovic, I'm really dying for some new blood at the top of the men's game. Wawrinka's successes over the last couple of years hinted that maybe the tide was turning, but with how dominant Djokovic and Fed looked over the last two weeks (save for Djokovic's scare against Kevin Anderson), it seems like we're just in for more of the same for the foreseeable future.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Novak is my favorite top tier tennis player. He's a great sport, he's hilarious, and has a monster work ethic. Also he shut up Andy Roddick back in the day when Roddick was running his mouth, so he'll always have bonus points in my book.

Of course Marcos Baghdatis is my favorite of all tennis players. He has a great attitude, and always seems to be having a blast playing the game. Sadly he lost in the finals to Isner in Atlanta today.

6. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

Rematch for the US Open title. I'm rooting for Novak to win, but Federer is in much better form. It's probably better for the sport if Roger wins...better story.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm rooting for Novak, but I won't be upset if Roger wins. I'd just like Novak to eventually catch Roger in titles, so a win for him would help that.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Fed hasn't won in such a long time. Hope he finally gets it. I don't see he beats nole.

9. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Both players have been as good as ever this tournament. This could be a great match. I love all the variety Fed has been playing with this year. I would love to see him win #18 at age 34 today.

10. malakas

malakas Member

I am going for Fed all the way as always.
    It will be a showdown!
    BTW there seems to be many tennis fans here we should make a general tennis thread.