1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Williams+Posey for Eddie Jones?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by apostolic3, Aug 1, 2005.

1. aries323

aries323 Member

Miami is gonna be good.... real good

Shaq / Zo
    Haslem / Simien
    Posey
    Wade
    Williams

I'm hearing they are going afer walker as well

2. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Member

Hey U Blue, did we have a debate about the Bibby-J Will trade many, many years ago? I won't bring up who favored who on that one. Haven't see you around in a while.

3. University Blue

We did. :D

Yes, let's not bring up the past.

But I will say this: Jason Williams will ALWAYS be my preference for PG in Houston; especially for a team that needs a PG who can make the entry pass, control the offense, run the break, and make the perimeter shot.

Reminder to all the JW detractors, the discussion is JW, Bibby, Bobby Jackson, etc...NOT JW, no-name PG #1, no-game PG #1.

University (Deja) Blue

4. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Jason Williams' skill set is exactly what we need in a PG. If he came here and played under control we would be one of the top 2-3 bonafide championship favorites.

5. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Member

Blue and Apost, I have a different opinion on Jason Williams. The Rockets have playmakers in Tmac and Yao, they need off the ball effective players. In the 3 most important areas for a Rocket PG--spot up 3 point shooting, defending, and discipline in distribution--he is below average in the 1st two and above average in only one (A/TO very solid). I don't see how taking minutes away from James or Sura at the 1--each who I think is more solid across the categories (both a more efficient shooters and better defenders)--and giving them to Williams helps us much, if any.

To me Jason Williams would be a much better player on a team like Atlanta who needs playmakers. Some team where his creativity and doing a solid job of getting other's shots more than makes up for his somewhat shaky shooting. I don't see the Rockets best utilizing his talents, and his weaknesses would be frustrating to us as well.

6. Stephen1616

Stephen1616 Member

5 team deal that is just crazy? Walker, E Jones, Ostertag etc.
    Utah, Memphis, Miami etc

just heard on 610

7. London'sBurning

It's a steal if only for acquiring Posey. I've always had the diluted idea the Rox would somehow be able to re-acquire Posey in the not so distant future.

8. m_cable

m_cable Member

He has an opt out next year. Full MLE might be within the realm of possiblity. Of course he'd have to bounce back from a crummy year to deserve it.

9. foodworld

foodworld Member

What a mess. Six teams? Twenty players?

10. today

today Member

What are the details, who goes where?

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

can someone please post the full details of the trade?

12. foodworld

foodworld Member

Unclear at this point.

What seems to be clear, though, is that the Heat got White Chocolate, Walker and Posey.

13. today

today Member

If they stay healthy, it assures them of at least another ECF appearance, and might even put them over the hump against the Pistons.

14. foodworld

foodworld Member

The Celtics traded Marcus Banks and Antoine Walker (s&t) for Dorell Wright and Earl Watson (s&t)

The Heat traded Wright and Eddie Jones and received Walker, J-Will and James Posey.

The Grizzlies traded J-Will and Posey and received Jones and Banks.

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

If Miami walks away from that deal with Jason Williams, Antoine Walker, and James Posey while giving up EJ, Doleac, and the high schooler Wright......................................We gotta make it to the Finals to witness a Yao vs. Shaq whopper. Pat Riley for GM of the year if that trade goes down as such.

16. foodworld

foodworld Member

and the Grizzles also traded Watson, who will be getting the full MLE I think

17. JumpMan

JumpMan Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

DAMN IT!!! :mad: The basketball gods are already rewarding Shaq for taking a pay cut!

I'm guessing Walker will be the sixth man?

PG - Williams
    SG - Wade
    SF - Posey
    PF - Haslem
    C - Shaq

Bench - Walker, Jones, Doleac, Zo, Butler

I'd call Shaq even more overrated than he already is if he doesn't lead that team to a championship next season, all the guy has to do is show up for the Finals because they'd probably make it without him.

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

Is that a rumor, or is that the real deal? I kinda wanna see Shaq get another ring just to one-up Kobe and LA. Then again, I kinda don't because then he will have 4 rings to Dream's 2.

19. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Member

Mother of God! That's your NBA Champion next year. Total salary dump for the Griz. Miami must be waaaay over the cap now.

20. m_cable

m_cable Member

Wow, Miami got a major steal talentwise. With Walker, Williams, and Posey surrounding Shaq and Wade, they have to be the favorites to hit the finals.