1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Williams frustration setting in

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jan 24, 2011.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...1/22/struggling.jazz/index.html#ixzz1ByfP1u48

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/david_aldridge/01/24/morning.tip/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

yeah buddy...I've been tellin folks he comin back to Texas in 2 years...Either Dallas or H-Town....Dude just wants to win....

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lulz were not winning tho i wish he came to houston tho

4. RocketMania1991

D-Will in a Rockets uniform.....please.

5. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

So why would he come to h-town? :p

Seriously though, he needs to stop sounding like he plays for the cavs. They lost 3 in a row. Sometimes, sometimes losing 3 in a row is just losing 3 in a row. I hate the Jazz and now hate them even more for claiming to need a lil "soul searching" after losing 3 in a row. Maybe they should man-up and pay the refs just like they always do.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I look at Williams and I think, at this state in his career he should be better than Dirk. I look at their personnel. Not too shabby. They should be better than they are and probably will be by the time the playoffs roll around. But its up to him to carry them when that time comes.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

With or without D-Will, the Jazz franchise will be in trouble when Sloan leaves. Wouldn't be surprised if it fell off a cliff completely.

I think they can have a very good season if Okur rounds into form. They could make the 2nd round or even the conference finals.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think this was a guy that could have been on the rockets radar had they not traded for AJ. Deron was already getting frustrated then with Boozer's departure, but once they got AJ he decided to give it a try.

9. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

This is from a couple days ago... They've lost to Philidelphia since...

And with a 4 game losing streak, they've lost to the Wizards, Nets, Boston, and 76'ers... With San Antonio and Lakers next.

#9 BasketballMind, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  10. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

Thats good, it's about time for them "The Jazz" to fall out of sight! :grin:

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

Sounds like Charles Barkley is kind of blaming Williams for not being a leader on Utah.

He said that is why Derrick Rose is the best PG in the NBA over Williams.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Maybe he will demand a trade to be with Griffin
    or take his talents to NY

Rocket River

13. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Maybe to Houston to be with ???
    One can only wish.

14. amaru

amaru Member

Why would he want to come to Houston....so that he can lose some more?

We stink, no allstar/superstar wants to come here

15. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I'm getting damn sick of players "choosing" where they want to go. It kills basketball for the common city-based fan.

I would like the new CBA to limit player movement significantly.

Every market should be able to keep their star players without continually worrying about them wanting to bolt.

Life is tough. Winning is hard. Get your damn head on straight and work for something in life. Don't just ask for it to be handed to you.

i'm looking at you Lebron - Carmelo - Wade - Bosh - Rubio

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

How is the CBA suppose to limit that?? Teams dont have to accomodate the player, they can just keep him. That's how you're suppose to limit it, but it doesnt really happen. Only way to "fix" this, or just make it fair really, is to do away with guaranteed deals, but that won't happen.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The CBA could easily limit movement just like the NFL does with a "franchise" tag.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

So you can't decide where you want to work in anymore? What is this, communist china? :rolleyes:

NBA players should be allowed to sign contracts with whichever teams they want to.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

On a somewhat related note, I think the best course for the CBA is that rather than putting a franchise tag on players you limit the amount teams can sign a player as a free agent. Putting a franchise tag will just make the NBA player unhappy and feel like he's being held hostage. Limiting the amount teams can sign a free agent on the other hand gives the player a choice between having more money or going to another team.

For example, think what would have happened if NBA teams can only sign FAs to a maximum of 11M a year. Cleveland and Toronto could have stuck to their guns and said they wouldn't trade LBJ and Bosh to Miami and settle for just a trade exception since they knew Bosh and LBJ would be giving up serious cash if they didn't play ball and just signed up with Miami outright. I'm pretty sure Melo wouldn't talk about leaving Denver after the season when he can only sign an 11M contract with the Knicks.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not really. Does the tag change their feelings? I dont think the issue is guys leaving as free agents. That's just the way things work and they're entitled to leaving once their contract is up. I think the issue fans have is players asking to be traded before their contract is up. That issue won'tbe fixed by the franchise tag. Players will still complain, ask out, and teams will continue to accomodate their trade requests like they've been doing.