1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will you vote for Lin for Allstar?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Verbatim, Jul 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. CXbby

CXbby Member

I understand that the AS game is a popularity contest. I also get where some would be coming from if a total scrub was voted in based on popularity alone. For instance, Brian Scalabrine is a pretty popular player in Chicago. If he was voted in I can see how some would be uncomfortable.

However, Lin is not a scrub. Lin is a very good player who is young and improving. Producing at a bonofide allstar level next year, while not close to a sure-thing, is not out of the realm of possibility. Some people need to realize this.

2. ClKent

ClKent Member

Yeah I will. Just to mess with the Knicks. They keep going on and on about Jeremy Lin. So I think us Houstonians should go ahead and vote for Lin into the allstar game along with China. Just to mess with them. :)

3. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

If he deserves it.

4. roxxy

roxxy Member

I hear you.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Really? Have you seen a picture of his mother?
    [​IMG]

:p

Just joking of course.

6. jclee

jclee Member

if he plays lights out and he's at the similar level as the other top point guards in the west, then he should get a SPOT. if he plays like crap...god i hope he doesn't get in. AND GOD i hope the Chinese/Taiwanese people don't vote for him just because he's chinese, especially when he doesn't play well....the rockets will get bashed left and right from the media and NBA all sorts. and this is coming from a chinese person

7. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Depends on how well he plays ofc.

8. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

If I don't, China will.

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You're a goose.

The only "legitimate" starters on the all-star teams are the ones who get voted in.

So if Lin happens to get voted in, he is therefore the legitimate starter.

The best players in the league are NOT the all-star starters. The most popular ones are. That's the point of it...

10. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I will treat Lin the way I treated Lowry. I voted for Lowry because he played at an All-Star level. I do think there were other players who played slightly better or on par with Lowry; but, voted for Lowry for being a Rocket.

11. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

i will vote for him because he is a Houston Rocket. but do i think he is a top 3 point guard in the western conference? ask chris paul, tony parker, or russel westbrook.

12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Even if he plays 10 minutes he will still get voted in from asia.

13. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

If he scores gets 20 and 6, then i'll vote for him. Regardless of if he deserves it or not, it would be nice if we had a Houston rep for the Allstar games held here. Hopefully we'd have a winning record too. Screw tanking...lets hope toronto's crappy coaching will land us a top prospect!

14. nono

nono Member

It'll be so amazing if Lin can play in the all star game for us. I hope he plays really well this season so I don't feel guilty voting for him.

:grin:

15. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

IMO This is the problem with the stupid baseball all-star rules (every team gets an All-Star player).

Players who don't deserve to be there, SHOULDN'T be there. I like Jeremy Lin (now that he's a Rocket and I like all Rockets), but he SHOULD NOT make it over Westbrook, Harden, Kobe, CP3, or Steve Nash without the #'s.

If he is however putting up better/just as good numbers then yes I'll vote for him and he should be there, but if he's putting up something very pedestrian then no he shouldn't be there.

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Story of my life right there.

17. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Would rep if I could. That was great.

[​IMG]

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

I think you are living under the misconception that the all star games have everything to do with talent and nothing to do with popularity.

19. jocar

jocar Member

[​IMG]

China will also vote her to Rockets Power Dancers

20. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I will for no other reason than to further piss of new york fan's