1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will you vote for Lin for Allstar?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Verbatim, Jul 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Thanks for being sick but who knows, maybe your mom can dance.

And if you didn't want to answer you could have simply skip this.......

2. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

You didn't understand the question. Yao was voted in the 1st year he was here. He was not Allstar material that year, yet he represented the Rockets and I was glad a Rocket was in the Allstar game.

You don't have to see Lin play and if you must then that's what the other parts of the questions dealt with.

Thanks for reading....

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

How the hell should I know? Season hasn't started yet, heck, training camp hasn't started yet. He could bomb completely or he could be an all-star and MVP candidate.

4. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

So true. If Lin follows Yao's footsteps into starting in Allstar game in Houston, I won't mind, that means it will be Kobe and Jeremy as starting backcourt......

As far as winning games, I believe many here wishes the team will suck and fight for a high lottery pick. Even the gm is thinking that way, unless the monster trade goes thru. I am hoping that Lin will play exceptionally well and the team does well even without the trade.

It would be fun to see the team get to the playoffs despite fielding a team that some experts have picked to finish at the bottom and fighting for top 3 pick.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

no, i don't do voting. if i did, he's not good enough. even if he performs like Dragic, he won't even be top 10 guard in the West.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He is a shoe-in for the Lin-Star Team.

7. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

To me NBA all-star game is just a show case of popularity. If the NBA's plan were to pick the best players they would let the basketball professionals, such as the basketball beat writers, vote for the All-Start games, just like how the NBA do for the MVP, ROY, COY etc.

So yes! Anybody can vote him in. And the NBA will be more than happy to see that Linsanity continues in the Clutch City.

8. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

It is important for us to have him be voted... The all star game is in Houston, it would be better for our fans to wear a home town jersey...

9. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I want to see a Rocket in the All-Star game, and Lin seems to be a true professional. So of course I will vote for him. I dont know why others on here won't. Its not hurting anyone to vote for a Rocket.

10. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Damn right I will. If a player is wearing the Rockets jersey, and playing his heart out for us, I'll vote for him.

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

If he gets voted in it will be an embarrassment for the Houston Rockets organization and the NBA as well. Having said that, I think yes, he probably will get voted in. So no, I will not be happy about that.

12. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Of course, I voted for Chuck Hayes too..

13. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I'm a rockets fan, but i'm not in houston. So very likely, i won't vote for him.
    I do think it is important for rockets fans in houston to vote for him tho... Going to toyota center with a durant's jersey isn't going to be a good idea.

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

Why would be it an embarrassment?

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

And what if he plays like an allstar?

16. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

I like to know too...

This is the format, same for MLB.

If a Rocket is "popular" and therefore gets the most votes, why would anyone be mad? Unless you are a NBA payer who thinks you deserve it more due to performance on the court.

What if Lin plays his heart out and outplays some of the best on the west? Would that still be embarrassing? What if he plays very well and was not voted in but the West coach picks him anyway?

Yes, he hasn't played a minute for the Rockets yet but I am rooting for him to play even better than his worst critics predicted.

And no I have been around before Yao was here so I follow the team.

I voted for Franchise to the Allstar and I believe he wasn't the best in the west. He made it and represented the Rockets and that was great to see.

17. CXbby

CXbby Member

Because he is under the assumption that Lin would be voted not on his merit but due to the fact that he is asian. And that very well may be the case, which would not be deserved. Still, there has been plenty of past precedent where guys past their prime like Iverson got voted in on popularity alone. I wouldn't go so far as call it an embarrassment, but not deserving. However, I'm more curious why it is already assumed he can't make it on his merit. Sure it isn't likely, but (L)impossible?

Is it impossible for Rubio to make it? And would it be an "embarrassment" if he did?

18. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Going on a tangent here....

Do you think a man with natural gifts and a determination to improve his craft, who was overlooked on every level until his big break, will sit on his pass accomplishments and just collect his checks?

The man is smart and works hard, unless every article out there is fiction I tend to believe he will improve. He will work on his left hand, he will learn to make better decisions to cut down turnovers. He will beat the ghost....

I wish some of the 09ers the Rockets had had a 10th of the work ethic Lin has. The #2 pick in 2009 should have been a heck of a center but he just collected his paychecks and smiled.

Actually, I pity Golden State because they got him 1st and Lin really improved his game over the lockout summer. They couldn't see the improvements due to lockout and took a gamble on a center which they didn't get anyway.

19. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

There is no "merit" for being chosen as an All Star starter other than popularity. Performance only matters as much as it adds to a player's popularity. So if Lin is voted as a starter, then he deserves it just as much as anyone else.

If the NBA wanted performance to be a determinative factor it would change the selection process.

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

There is no merit to the AS games it is all popularity. If it was based on merit Blake wouldn't have started for the West. Love would have started. Also Rose wouldn't have been voted in over Rondo. Rondo was subbed in only because Joe Johnson was injured I believe.