1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will You Be Dissappointed If Dwight Re-signs with Lakers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kuku, Jun 7, 2013.

?

Will You Be Dissappointed If Dwight Re-signs with Lakers?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2013.
  1. Yes, I will be pissed. My neighbor better hide their dogs/cats.

39.2%
  2. No, as a Rockets fan, I am too numb to feel disappointment.

38.2%
  3. I have no idea. I’ll let you know when it happens.

22.6%
  1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It would sting a little knowing that Dwight chose glamour over rings, which he claims he's after.

We would once again be snubbed but the good thing is this time it's not "Dwight or Die", we will still have chips to play with next offseason when some BIG free agents go on the market.

But I still hope he chooses us, I would love to see the Fakers fans reaction after being dumped for the "fugly chick that is so desperate for any form of attention from a semi hot stud". :rolleyes:

2. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

No, but I'd be sick with disappointment if he went to the Mavs.

3. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Not sure exactly what this means. If it means none are applicable or useful to my situation, then I agree.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Muck the Favs, but he won't. I would be seriously surprised if he picked Dallas over Houston/LA.

5. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Slightly but not much at all. Rockets are good, healthy, improving, and young without Dwight. And I know that the lockerroom chemistry will be better.

6. baller4life315

Yeah, I'd be disappointed. Dwight is a gamble but without this type of gamble we're never going to be a serious championship-level team.

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Taking something from last offseason...I realize that the best things often times just fall into your lap...All the earnest effort in trying to attain the services of one Dwight Howard is quite appealing...but if he decides to re-up with the Lakers that is his choice...and where he wants to be...The Rockets, their mgmt are all in the drivers seat...with the window of opportunity just now opening...As the window keeps opening...Houston not only becomes more attractive for their stars...but becomes more attractive for key role players...

As fans...having so many Dwight Howard threads, and all that is just being a fan....but the truth is that we just have to be patient this time...

We were (rightfully so) very worried about the course of our franchise last season...Things looked so bleak..and then Harden was given to us gift wrapped...with the Rockets FO, really in desperation mode after Dwightmare part 1 came crashing down...

If Howard wants a chance to win, and really just focus on winning, he should consider making a move to Houston. However, if it doesnt happen, we still have a better outlook that most of the teams in the NBA...

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

No. If he doesn't come, Morey will take his cap space and go to Plan B. And Plan B might end up better than Plan A anyway.

9. zaam

zaam Member

Dwight may say he's going to decide only on his own terms, but after witnessing the circus last year you wonder if that is possible. The guilt factor associated with quitting on the Lakers could be strong, but there is an offsetting factor. This year the media chorous may work in the Rockets' favor. Overwhelming consensus is that Houston is the right choice for him if he wants to win. Dwight has an out.

Then again, speculating about Howard's mental state is likely pointless. Who really knows.

10. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Personally, I hope he does or better yet, lands with the Hawks leading them to eventually unload Hortford.

I don't buy Howard as ever being as good as he was in his Magic tenure and the fact that he will be facing better competition in the Western conference makes me doubt his impact more. I'd rather see the team go after Chris Paul or stand pat and try to eventually land either Love or Aldridge who are natural fits to making this team a championship contender and have experience playing with guards and not being the focus of the offense.

11. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Nah we'll just get Lebron next year.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This^

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Not really, though it depends on Morey's other moves. If we end up with just a Josh Smith or whoever, then I'd be disappointed though.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not really. At least we would get to keep our players and see what they can do with another season together. We were still the youngest team in the league.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

No. As a Rockets fan, I prefer guys who give 100%.

16. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Nope. Last time I checked we still have one of the better young teams in the NBA, with one of the top young star players in the NBA in James Harden.

If Dwight doesn't come here then we'll just wait for the next opportunity to get a second star, but till then I'll just enjoy seeing this young team grow up and develop together.

17. CCapps

CCapps Member

I wouldn't be too disappointed because then I'd get to watch Dwight suffer losing in LA. Plus this current team was a lot of fun to watch this past year. Wouldn't mind watching them for another season while waiting for next years free agents.

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'd be fine. We are one foundational piece away from contending, whether that's Dwight or someone else. I'm confident Morey can replicate what he did with Harden....gradually gather pieces and pounce when the right opportunity comes along.

19. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Yes, my dogs better hide the cat's neighbors.

1 person likes this.
  20. ooox

ooox Member

Locked? Lmao. Practically every contract on that team goes off the book next year.