1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will You Be Dissappointed If Dwight Re-signs with Lakers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kuku, Jun 7, 2013.

?

Will You Be Dissappointed If Dwight Re-signs with Lakers?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2013.
  1. Yes, I will be pissed. My neighbor better hide their dogs/cats.

39.2%
  2. No, as a Rockets fan, I am too numb to feel disappointment.

38.2%
  3. I have no idea. I’ll let you know when it happens.

22.6%
  1. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

This may seem like another Dwight Howard thread, but this one is not about him; it's about you!

Clutch said it best about being a Rockets fan,

"When it comes to star pursuits, Rockets fans have grown accustomed to disappointment the past several years.

There was the Chris Bosh IPad delivery, the bronze medal finish for Carmelo Anthony, Dwightmares I and II and the Chris Paul trade… without getting Chris Paul. And let’s just agree not to talk about Nene, which would be like trying to justify the fashion sense you showed in 6th grade."

I know I was dissappointed when we didn't end well for Dwight last summer. In retrospect, that was probably the BEST thing that ever happened to us because we ended up with a young budding superstar instead.

There is no way Dwight would consider signing with Houston this year WITHOUT the present of Harden.

How dissappointed will you be if by the end of "Dwightmare II," he re-signs with Lakers?

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

I can't really say I was truly disappointed in our earlier failings at securing a star. All of them seemed like longshots at best.

Dwight Howard would be the first star since T-Mac where coming to Houston actually made sense for all parties involved.

3. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

We have a fantastic team.

If Dwight re-signs with the Lakers, we'll still have a fantastic team.

Maybe only slightly disappointed because I believe Dwight could make us a contender. But with just the natural development of our young core, we should be able to add an extra 5 wins at least next season making us a 50+ win team.

I might be disappointed if bringing in Dwight costs us one or both of Asik and Lin. If we can just make room to sign Dwight outright, its just a bonus.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

LeBron ETO 2014.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Tinman-esque poll options.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Meh, we'll be a good team this year one way or an another. I'll be disappointed, but not TOO disappointed.

7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

We have all the stars lined up for Dwight, but if chooses wrong, we still be a force one way or the other. Somebody will choose us, or we will make him choose us. A lot of players that aren't SG will want to play with Harden. I'm not worried about losing #12 because we can truly develop our PFs and have more assets than before. We have a bright future with an owner who is willing to go big time and always trying to improve. We will be a contender!!!!

8. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I voted no, but not because I'm numb but rather I believe in having cap space.

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

If Dwight is serious about winning, he'll be a Rocket.

My main fear is his mental fragility, and being guilted back into being a Laker. He's going NOWHERE with that team. The balance is completely off with MDA and they're locked into an aging, waning roster.

10. Raven

Raven Member

I agree with Clutch, it's a long shot. The city of LA is going to be a tough mistress to abandon. Something else, I think as the memories of a crappy season fade, it will be more difficult for him to give up the glamor of being a Laker. Perhaps we could have reeled him in if a contract had been stuck in his face the day after he cleaned out his locker, but asking Dwight to jump ship after he's calmed down is probably too much.

11. jacoby

jacoby Member

The point of having cap space is spending it on players like Dwight Howard...

1 person likes this.
  12. 713

713 Member

#Basketballreasons.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Don't like the options in the poll so I'm not gonna vote, but yes I would be disappointed if we don't get Dwight Howard. I'd get over it pretty quickly, but I would be down about it for a little while.

#13 Haymitch, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  14. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Yeah I agree 100%! We need that space just incase a player who's the best in the NBA at their position becomes available. Also I read somewhere on the internet that under the new CBA there are new AT&T-like rollover plans, so any money that isn't spent this season will rollover and by 2014 we could have enough cap space to sign 4 max deals!

Bonjour

15. conquistador#11

because of how much you guys have hyped it this move, yes, at this point, I would be disappointed. Kind of like when I was told Marcus morris would be a superstar. =(

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

No I won't be disappointed, you can't be disappointed with
    something/someone you never had. I will feel frustrated in
    that we spent months talking about acquiring him only to
    find out it was "much ado about nothing"!

17. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I think the world is still open if he resigns with the Lakers. While I would like Dwight to come here, the other side of me sees health issues (and the fact that he doesn't want to carry the C load seems to reaffirm this) and I don't want us to be saddled with a maxed out suit. Been there, done that.

18. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Went with C.

I don't think so, because it is such a long shot... but, I still might be when the dust settles.

19. ThaShark316_28

Not so much.

Of all the All-Stars we've tried to get, I've never been "OMG WHY?!?!" about any of these guys not coming here. Mildly disappointed at best.

Now? With Harden already here, I'd shrug my shoulders and take a nap. We got a star player; we'll get another to pair up with him.

20. ThaShark316_28

Also, excuse me if I don't share this "disappointment" when it comes to stars.

I saw my team acquire Chuck, Clyde, Pippen (even though he was b**** made), McGrady, Francis...so ehh.