1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

will yao's physical fatigue cost in the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wingcommander87, Apr 2, 2009.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

You guys are all missing the real reason for Yao's recent fatigue: Too many days off between games.

Yes, I'm serious. Yao historically performs better on 1 or 0 days rest than he does on 2 (or more) days rest. Who knows why? But we've had way too much off time in the last couple of weeks, and he's paying the price. I don't foresee it as a big problem during the playoffs, unless we put away a team 4-0 or 4-1 and then have to wait for a long series to conclude for our next game -- and how likely is THAT?

2. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Fatigue will always be a factor for Yao, but almost all of the big guys have this issue, even Shaq at his prime with LA, you just have to deal with it

The coaches can work around that with the substitution management, the PG can control the pace, only run when there is an opportunity, and everyone on the team can avoid quick shots, to limit the fast break opportunity for the opponent.

3. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I suspect that the defense will tighten in the playoffs, and a lot of run n gun play will give way as it usually does to reveal more of a half court mindset with most teams. Those that can't adjust and wanna run usually lose. This plays into Yao's favor, and I think we should see his numbers improve because of it.

4. RockieGuy09

RockieGuy09 Rookie

We have over 36,000 members in this site and it bounds have different opinion on both sides of an argument. It is kinda moronic to make your point based on the fact that a few of the 36,000 members here think someone else is at fault too. It's a free world and everyone is allowed to hold a different opinion. Why is your way of thinking so communist?

5. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

exactly, everything is Tracy's fault and you can continue to blame him, even though our board has already become "TMACFans".

6. RockieGuy09

RockieGuy09 Rookie

Why do you try to make it out like this board is one-sided to blame Tmac and hold Yao faultless? Either you are blind or you can't read.

7. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

No, Yao won't be the reason why we lose ( IF :D we lose in the playoffs). It will be because our other players will not have stepped up. This team is only going as far as the other guys can take us...Yao should get his 20/10 pretty consistently. Everyone else needs to be making shots in order for us to win some playoff games

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

funny how tmac gets blamed for that very reason. he always gets his #s and others also.

he put up 29 and 13 in a game 7 and he still didn't step up enough.

the expectations for yao carrying the team isn't as high i guess.

9. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

double-bar for yao and tmac. yao is simply an overrated player, which is well known on this board but no one wants to unfold the bondage to reveal the scar. yao's only value to our team is just the tons of dollars he brings les every year, yao is a gold for les but he is not that valuable for our team play.

10. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Wafer really got out of control in that stretch. Taking advantage of a break is one thing, but forcing a fast break does Yao no good. If it's an obvious fast break scenario, Yao knows to stay behind in many cases. If our guards are forcing a fast break, Yao runs to get down on the block, thinking that the offense will be set up, but it's not...and back and forth it goes.

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

The thing is, Yao tends to give up as much as he gets if not more. I.E Jazz series.

12. RockieGuy09

RockieGuy09 Rookie

LOL, Superstar, Legend Killer, Marcus Bryant, if I can't the poster names, I'd think they are all posts by the same person. Probably you really are.

13. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

That's like saying everyone that blame Yao's short comings on refs, racism, Nba new rules, etc are the same person.

Hmmm maybe you're correct now that I think about it.

14. RockieGuy09

RockieGuy09 Rookie

Read between the lines of the posts, anyone with half a brain could tell Legend Killer and Marcus Bryant is the same fool.

15. mich

mich Member

Are U ever a fan to watch how many minutes Yao played? He played almost the most in the team.

I don't blame you, but I should say this RA's fault. He does not know how to play Yao at all.