1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Yao sign a contract extension in October?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lancet, Jan 17, 2005.

?

What are the odds that Yao signs a contact extension with Rockets this October?

1. 100%

141 vote(s)
    39.4%
  2. 75%

69 vote(s)
    19.3%
  3. 50%

65 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. 25%

27 vote(s)
    7.5%
  5. 0%

56 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Come on, if your going to make statements at least check your facts.

Nachbar was 1st in 3 pt shooting on how many shots? He was traded because he was bust here and the team we started with was underachieving

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

it doesn't matter...they don't care about winning..they care about Yao.

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I can see that but they should at least make arguement that have some semblance of sense.

Oh well, we are winning that's all I care about.

4. New Jack

New Jack Member

I'm sure if they could trade for a bruising 4 and shooters, they would, but it's not as easy to do as you think. I still contend that those trade were made to benefit both Yao and Mcgrad, but you're missing my point.

We've had players better than Yao deferring to Yao (Mcgrady). Players that were once the franchise players in Houston (Francis) gladly stepping aside so Yao could take over as the franchise player. We've had players, coaches, and fans constantly yelling at Yao to be confident and not to get down on himself. They've done everything they could to make Yao the leader of this team and he has continued to be passive and avoided the leadership role.

Players have passed the ball to him and what does he do with the ball? He passes it right back out. That to me is a sign of a player that does not want the responsibility of wins and losses on his shoulders.

5. porsche911

porsche911 Member

Hell no..

mark my words: Yao will not sign an extension!

6. Nautic

Nautic Member

7. exiaol

exiaol Contributing Member

Though some of you may knew it for a long time, but now it is official. According some Chinese news web site, Yao family will open a restaurant that called ¡°Yao Restaurant & Bar¡± at Westheimer and Gessner. The grand opening date is set right before Chinese New Year (Feb 9, 2005). The total investment of this restaurant is around $1.5 million dollars.

I view this news as a good indicator that Yao will sign the extension. Otherwise, why do they bother to open a restaurant 8 month before Yao move to another city?

8. shaiqia

shaiqia Contributing Member

This thread is about if Yao will sign a contract extension, instead of Rockets' winning. Do you think Yao will happy to sign a contract extension and sit on the bench to watch Rockets winning?

9. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

Couldnt agree more. If Yao really has the desire to be a great
    player, he should earn back the 1st option. Right now I only
    see a player who are content to ride Tmac's or even Francis's
    coattail.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

the thread evolved into some saying that the Rockets have done nothing in an attempt to help put players around Yao. i think that's beyond laughable.

11. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

too early too call. I say 50-50.
    Yao said he need a PG and a D-power F. so far nothing happen.T-mac is the leader now and he deserves it. I don't like sura.

12. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

13. shaiqia

If Yao sign the contract extension, he could become a manager or waiter of his own restaurant.

14. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

The bottom line is if this team continues to win even with a TMac oriented offense, Yao will sign the extension. Yao has to be the most unselfish player in the NBA (which is also part of his problem). He doesn't care about his stats. All he cares about is winning. As long as they win, I don't think he minds if he's Cato on this team or Shaq on this team.

Wouldn't it be weird if he did sign an extension and his role on this team was limited - what would YOFs do?

15. stevenzh

stevenzh Member

shooting percentage wise, Yao is still No 1 in the team. nothing you can earn without the danm ball.

Tmac's man is mutombo, crazy on the board and more shting attempt for him

Yao's man is Ray allen, knock down the 3s and open floor for him.

the bottom line is both guys don't like each other, don't help each other.

16. stevenzh

stevenzh Member

At least fans and media cares those stats, if Yao doesn't get his numbers, those so call rockets fans and media will throw what kind of stuffes to him, you guys know it.

17. stevenzh

stevenzh Member

too early to tell winning or lost, one game could deside playoff team or lottery, it's not winning season.

18. stevenzh

stevenzh Member

Just keey laugh, the rockets already the laughing stock of NBA about TMAC and Yao.

19. Charvo

Charvo Member

Sura is the anti-Yao. Anyone can tell that Sura loathes to play in the slowdown low post offense. Sura said it already. He said he thought he thought the Rockets' offense was just going to consist of dumping it down low. He said he is happy to see the uptempo offense which obviously maximizes his skillsets and minimizes Yao's.

Yao needs to put Sura in his place by showing the team he can still be a force in the low post. Don't be missing shots like he is Cato.

20. shaiqia

Rockets will try to sign Yao three years, five mil contract if they know Yao has to be the most unselfish player.