1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Yao pass Calvin Murphy to be 2nd highest scorer in all-time rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmacyaorox, Dec 20, 2008.

1. frank2030

frank2030 Member

是的,他是最了不起的中国男子篮球队员.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I did some number crunching, and T-Mac is currently #13 on our all-time list at 6662 pts, 22pts off the #12 guy. Here are the #9-12:

9. Otis Thorpe 8177
    10. Cuttino Mobley 7448
    11. Steve Francis 7281
    12. Allen Leavell 6684

So if T-Mac does his job, he will be #10 at least by season's end. Interesting to see Cat ahead of Franchise on the list also...Ya think Steve wants the chance to beat (or better yet tie) his old teammate?

3. kkkpopov

kkkpopov Member

I think he can get the 3rd place

4. pluto0411

pluto0411 New Member

什么你想说?" you can't fxxking stop me ? :confused:

5. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

That entered my mind the moment I saw that post.

I bet you're right coz you thought the same as I did. ;) BTW,the sentence in bold should go like 你想说什么?. :D

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would ban anyone not posting in English.

DD

7. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

LOL.why is that?

Maybe you could pick the chinese up.Learn just a few words. :p

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Because this is a Houston Rockets board....maybe everyone should do like the big classy Yao Ming and speak English.

DD

9. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

C'mon,no big deal,just a few words. :p

I heard that more and more people embark upon learning Chinese as their second language.That's not bad though,actually I didn't see that much chinese across the board.

10. killer instinct

THAT LAST SHOT BY YAO IN THE CLUTCH DID SEND A DREAM FEELING THROUGH ME...... it was just like when you knew he was going to score when you needed it.

AFTER THOUGHT
    I hope that all rocket fans, of any capacity continue to use this bbs as a forum of expressing their opinions (FREELY and RIGHTFULLY within the rules) and their passion for this team or its players.

IMO if we want inclusion here we should NOT (not singling any person out)toast new people,single out people who do not live in H TOWN and don't know the complete history of the Rockets before Yao Ming, or slam homosexuals with innuendos and treat women as objects. But those things happen here and nobody sticks up for them. So if we can't practice including every one here with respect then we can not get upset when we feel that we have been disrespected and isolated from the conversation.

Since we are now on the topic of what is socially acceptable, I am 100% Scottish Sicilian Caucasian American and I'm not offended by this or when people use slang that I cannot understand.

IN ALL REALITY THIS WHOLE SITE SHOULD BE IN COMANCHE BUT ITS NOT AND NO ONE IS UPSET ABOUT THAT....... :(

11. bin

bin Member

i love those translator's outcome, especially that "You can't f***ing stop me" taught by yao

12. kingk0ng

kingk0ng Member

I actually can't speak or understand a lick of Chinese I'm just having fun with nicetranslator but see what you're saying though.

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Yao: I think #4 on the list is his most likely landing spot. 3 to 4 thousand points left. If his injuries don't show up again, #3. Calvin's out of reach, IMO.

Mandarin: I agree that it is annoying and intrusive (and rude) in most threads. I'd have no problem with chinese threads in the hangout, or even the occasional dedicated Mandarin language thread on the hangout. But otherwise, it hijacks threads.

Evan

14. Avicenna76

Avicenna76 Member

hahaha.... I didn't know how bad it is until I back translated the sentence from Chinese to English. The translator thing is good enough to help me understand basketball related articles.