1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Yao Ming become an NBA coach after he retires?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mycatuity, Dec 6, 2002.

Tags:
  1. mycatuity

mycatuity Member

I mean, if he didn''t happen to be a basketball player, he would certainly become a Harward/Yale caliber graduate and be successful in other field. He is very intelligent, always be the 1st/2nd place student in the class of more than 50. he usually gets the most difficult math question soloved ahead of anybody else. He doesn't lack of leadership, and, he loves basketball. i think he can if he wants to. thoughts?

2. AMS_blackwidow

NO...too much language barrier to coach nba team....but chineses team MAybe

3. bury3

bury3 Member

Ok. It's barely the second month of Yao's rookie year and we're already talking retirement. Who knows the answer to the topic in question at this point?

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I agree with Bury about it being far too early in his career to even bother discussing this, but as to the other fellows comment about the language barrier.

He is already speaking decent english in his first season. Do you really think the language barrier is going to be an issue fifteen years down the line? I sincerely doubt it.

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

3 points to address here.

1) Way tooo early to be debating this, he hasnt even found his place in the league yet, but I'll theorize(?) on the possibility.

2) it has been established that his English is much better than anyone realized, when he does address questions in english, he is easily understood. I dont remember who said it, I think it was RT or one of his teammates, but they said that he holds back on talking but they know for sure he understands much more than he lets on.

3) He is very proud to be from where he's from, and I feel that will not change. IF he were to decide to coach, I think he would probably want to coach in the CBA so he could halp advance the state of Chinese basketball with the advanced knowledge of the game gained in the NBA.

6. GrEgOnOmIcS

GrEgOnOmIcS Member

How do you know that?

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Please concentrate on the matter in hand! Rocketsw Basketball!!

8. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

if we are going to go this far, why dont we start debating which one of his kids (he'll have 7'8 triplets and another 5'6 pg son) will be ROY when the nba opens an expansion team in shanghai...

9. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

this thread is clogging up other threads