1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Yao give up his MAX CONTRACT?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hayibara Ai, May 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

If Rockets are going to get cheap on resigning Yao Ming, it will be a direct sign of disrespect. 29 other NBA teams would kill to have him on their rosters. Lucky, we don't have asinine Yao haters running our franchise.

The man will get a max deal offer. Whether he takes it or not to stay in Houston is his call. But I'll you one think. He's got something none of you haters have for the Houston Rockets.

LOYALTY

2. flashsky

flashsky Member

After reading these threads and these replies, i think, maybe YAO should go to another asterism such as Moon,Martian,Neptune.Maybe guys there 'll be more friendly.

3. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Yao is a great player but he doesn't deserve a max contract.

4. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

If the Rockets choose not to give him a max deal it's not about disrespecting him, it's about not locking most of their cap in a guy with bad feet. If he can play the next two years with no problems, give him the big deal over 3-4 years. If not, no way does he get max money over any period.

5. gotoguy1982

gotoguy1982 Member

This is a stupid thread!
    It's unfair to say that in this moment!
    No one is more disappointed than YAO himself now!
    This is really a hard season for YAO,and he gave us the answer.
    He just put the team on his shoulder the whole season until the last minute of GM3.
    Finally he's down,but it's not his fault.
    He's still a warrior!
    Playing 40+mins every game is unfair to a 7'6 big guy.
    And the rules are also unfair to these bug guys now.
    So YAO has already do his best.
    He deserves a max contract.
    Just have a good rest and he will come back next season,a stronger and better BIG GUY!.

6. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

you're missing the point.
    keep you cool. get a good massage with a happy ending and you'll feel better.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This really isn't something to discuss now, but Yao isn't a max player -- he's great, but he's not an elite talent / this has everything to do with his health of course. When he was healthy his numbers were strong, but not spectacular.

He'll probably get a max deal though -- he's one of the most famous people on the planet and he just happens to be a great guy.

8. A13

A13 Member

Leave Houston Yao,
    Go somewhere has backup center.

My suggestion is Lakers...

9. joshyth

joshyth New Member

i would be a really happy man if he does go to LA, then i can actually cheer both yao and kobe at the same time, not like how i have to cheer yao, or his team, right now... :mad: :cool:

10. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

I'd give him for Gasol and a first rounder.

11. Darmonx

Darmonx Contributing Member

Yao has average 59 games a year in the last four years. He has called in sick 28% of the games in that time span. Him coming off the bench playing lesser minutes is a good idea. There is no disgrace coming off the bench. We still love Yao but we just love the Houston Rockets more.

This is the NBA. If LOYALTY were important then there would be no Free Agents.

12. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I think most players read this board, including artest, tmac, and yao. Yao may actually decide to leave Houston if he thinks the fans do not want him anymore. He does not have to fake a injury or something to stay in Houston (ala TMac).

13. A13

A13 Member

Yao does not care too much about money,
    He has a lot, really a lot. You even can not imagine..

The only thing Yao dose care is THE GLORY- CHAMPIONSHIP

14. gotoguy1982

gotoguy1982 Member

A week ago,we just cheered for him because of breaking the 1st round and beat LA in GM1.
    And now, you stupid "ROX FANS" are sitting there,blaming him.
    It's quite laughable!
    The refs dont respect YAO ,it doest matter.
    Now the "ROX FANS" DO NOT RESPECT U ANYMORE!
    IT'S TIME TO LEAVE, YAO.

15. krockets

krockets Member

From a business standpoint, only Lebron and Wade might be ahead of Yao, the other 4 guys are just decoys compare to Lebron, Wade, and Yao...

16. RHostetler82

RHostetler82 Member

If Yao really wants to prove his loyalty, he will of course sign for free.

17. fhoopchina

fhoopchina Rookie

I think what we really should worry about is TMAC
    Yao led this team into the second round without a legit backup center (not just in the 82 games but also in the damn playoffs).

I thought TMAC should be the one on sale. He has never proved leadership. He is a scoring champion. Yeah but he took way too many shots to make 28 or 30 points a game.

If you think Yao has nowhere to go but the rockets, you are wrong.
    Les has never given enough respect to Yao Ming. No back-up center. No shake-up deals even when the pistons put billups and prince on the table.
    Yeah, Yao should leave for somewhere he gets appreciated.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Completely braindead thread. No one questioned McGrady getting the max, even though both had similar concerns w/playoff history AND INJURY HISTORY.

The haters need to find another team.

19. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Yao is to a point that he needs a championship.

Think Karl Malone and Gary Payton. They both left their teams to join the Lakers for less money just to be on a championship contending team. I can see Yao eventually doing that even though I hope he ends his career as a Rocket. When money don't matter to a player like Yao, start worrying. :(

Hate to say it but Lakers would be a great match for Yao.

20. brooksrox

brooksrox Member

I'm not sure about this. I suffered a metatarsal fracture playing soccer, and i've read many reports and articles that foot injuries (such as fractures, or broken bones) actually become stronger after recovery because the bone gets thicker. It's knee injuries and ligament damage that gets worse every time, and you never fully recover from those.

hairline fractures aka stress fractures are usually the result of being overused and overplayed, which is why Hayes should get more time and Yao should drop his playing time to around 30 MPG.