1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Yao give up his MAX CONTRACT?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hayibara Ai, May 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ibm

ibm Member

whether yao will re-sign with houston and for how much and how long is strictly a matter b/w yao and his agents and les alexander. all the talks here look silly, really.

2. slimichael85

slimichael85 Member

I am a Rocket fan. No offense, to be honest, you do not put Houston Rockerts, New York Yankees and Manchester United into same category. The difference is the latter two are elite or top team in its particular sports, having won numerous champions year by year, Rox is not up to that level yet, at least presently.

3. ibm

ibm Member

the lakers and celts combined have won most of the titles in nba history. the rockets have only won 2. are the rockets not worth to be mentioned in the same sentence of the lakers as well? :rolleyes:

4. francexplosn

francexplosn Member

that's probably the best deal you can get from yao considering he only has 1 year contract left. You'll get nothing from Yao 1 year later.

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Les and Morey will make sure that Yao will stay in Houston! :)

6. slimichael85

slimichael85 Member

If you put all NBA history in perspective, no doubt that Lakers and celts are the most successful teams cause they win more NBA Champions than any other team.

If you put recent 20 NBA seasons in perspective, Bulls, Spurs,Rockets, Lakers are top level teams

If you put recent 10 NBA seasons in perspective, Spurs, Lakers are winners, Rox is plainly loser

7. ibm

ibm Member

you claim you're a rockets fan. i don't feel you look like one. a rockets fan doesn't say stuff like "rox is plainly loser", at least not openly.

what have the great yankees that you mentioned and seem to admire so much done lately? did they make it to the post season last year?

8. slimichael85

slimichael85 Member

I am not a baseball fan, I don't openly declare that I admire Yankee or anything. I am a big fan of Manchester United and it is indeed dominating team having the best players in soccer world. I apologize to say "rox is plainly loser" openly in Rox fan community, however, I am trying to make an argument to rate a professional sports club in terms of its achievement solely. Rox is a team worth loving, although our players do not birng us champions recent yrs, but they fight like men and deserve our fans' continual support. We just need more talent and less injuries, with the heart of champion, we seriouly have a shot at champion in next few yrs.

9. seancheng97

seancheng97 Member

Business is business. Yao is way too valuable for the rockets to give up in the business aspect. Just too much greens are coming this way if rockets have Yao in the team. It's the fact.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

If you put Yao in Spurs, Boston, Cleveland, Dallas, maybe even Denver and Hornet's lineup they will be instant a contender w/o needing to play much except only in the playoff. They will shell out 10 M for Yao.

Les already said Yao is going to be a Rocket for life. It's a moot anyways.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

:confused:

Why are you even here hanging out with people cheering for "loser"?

Who is not loser by your standard for the recent 10 years.

We have been a top 5 team in the last 4, 5 years in the league. That's better than 20 some other teams. Yeah, if you don't win a NBA championship, you are plainly loser.

12. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Imagine Yao and Howard on the same team, with Yao at the 5, and Howard at the 4.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

13. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

LOL at 10-12M per year, good luck resign him, hell, good luck resign any allstar with that money.
    There're businessmen, and there're stupid businessmen, then again there're clutchfans.

14. lastmanstanding

I'd be surprised if Morey gives him a MAX contract. I'm sure other teams will, but Morey would be unwise to give him one simply because it's unlikely he'll ever play a full season + playoffs.

15. tiggerme

tiggerme Member

nonsense!

TMC? where IS tmc? Yao deserved to have a lenth max deal through his performance during these years, without Yao i suspect that whether rockets can make so great progress !u should take it into consideration! although business is business , as u know once trading Yao , the fans following Yao around the world wont be dedicated to rockets, i think the lost is larger than the ur reap,that is true.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't care about the yao fans. I want the rockets to win a championship. Paying max to a guy who has had foot injuries for the last 4 years is not smart move with a salary cap.

17. gamor

gamor Member

so tell me what's ur plan to win a championship? by your air landry as core? or by brooks? or sign joe johnson or wade or lebron? seriously, u shall quit posting.

18. juanschwartz

juanschwartz Member

Really? He's the only 7'6" man I ever see getting successfully fronted damn near a whole game without adjusting to get open.

19. kanariya

kanariya Member

I kindly wish Yao can sign with a team with better fans than this so-called rocket fans that does nothing but b****ing on the internet about their own players.

If the Rockets are not going to resign him with a max deal, other teams will do it.

Trade Yao for Bynum. Chinese fans will be really happy.

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the rockets want to appease ROCKET fans. as long as they put a winning product on the floor, they will get respect.