1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Weaver

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheSource, Nov 15, 2021.

1. TheSource

TheSource Member

He should be our next head coach. I mean our summer team looked more prepared than this just saying.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Sean Dr34ms likes this.
  3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

He was the interim head coach for the Australian national team a couple of years ago. I watched one of their games and they had him mic’ up. He did look pretty impressive during timeouts.

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

tilman won't pay for a new coach if Silas is fired so weaver and hornacek look like strong possibilities.

they won't be any better.

tilman needs to learn in the nba you get what you pay for. he hired the cheapest front office, cheapest coaching staff, and constructed the cheapest roster. he cut every corner and what remains can only be called an NBA team because of the talent level of their opponents.

pippendagimp and Jontro like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Summer team? Really?

he’ll come here and get the same results as Silas…

HP3 likes this.
  6. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

This team needs direction and accountability I think a heavy hand like Lucas will wake them up. No more COUNTRY CLUB practices

bj3175 likes this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

i mean I'll do it for minimum wage. I'd get front row seats to nba games every game day. same results

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We need some structure for our young players and it's only going to get worse when we draft more rookies.

We need a hard-headed coach who will bench rookies when they **** up like turning over the ball 2-3 times in a row.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Weird. Weren't people ragging on him during Summer League? lol. And a lot of things look a lot better in Summer League. So ... yeah.
    He'll be the next on CF's list of problems. Every coach has been the problem. Every player's been the problem. Every owner has been the problem. Anyone named Fertitta is the problem. I'm starting to think it's the Houston water that's the problem. :D

10. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Nobody and I mean nobody on this staff is qualified to be a head coach. If Tilmann wants anyone in the seats he better pony up and hire a real head coach!!!

11. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

You know what I want them to do it. Try out all the coaches so that these crybabies will finally accept that coaching isn't the issue. The team sucks. Bad teams lose. Even the greatest coach of all time would do no better.

12. bj3175

bj3175 Member

they need a motivator

13. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Tillman knows there's no way in hell the Rockets are winning right now. Hiring a guy he can fire in the next year or two was the right move. Unfortunately, however, Silas is doing a disservice to the younger players by not coaching them up. Hell, look at his own rail thin physique. Do you think he's talking to Green about putting on more muscle to get stronger? I doubt it

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Will Weaver is a brilliant basketball mind.
    He has had success whenever in charge and he seems to have a knack for putting players in places to succeed.

Let Silas finish the tank this year.
    Consider Weaver for the future

*I am biased because I suggested he would be a good assistant coach well before we hired him - so obviously I want him to continue to succeed*

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  16. fattz

fattz Member

The summer league was to short to really get a fell for him. I am all for giving Weaver the opportunity to lead because Silas seems to be hurting rather than helping.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i dont think so ... i saw the same signature on this and summer league team
    summer league team was perhaps even worse, no good system just chucking 3s over the hand of defenders...and iso iso iso all day long....trash guards icing sengun out on offense

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

20. PhiSlammaJamma

A lot of us have been saying it for years. The Rockets are made up of scrubs. Literally we are starting players that everyone else had given up on or that came right out of the D league. A lot of fans have been delusional, and are getting a dose of reality. It's just really apparent now because there is no Harden. The players are bad. That is all there is to it.

There is only one player with a chance to come out of this, and it's Green. and maybe Brooks because he has an actual skill. Everyone else is going to drown.

#20 PhiSlammaJamma, Nov 16, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
    TimDuncanDonaut likes this.