1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will we ever get a Superstar Player to come to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Johnson2000, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Johnson2000

Johnson2000 Member

Sigh

I was hoping we could pair Gasol with either Dwight or Nene( with Donatas coming over next year)

I dont know what to think now, i feel the lottery is rigged( therefore we will not reeieve the Number 1 pick or even a Top 5 pick)

I honestly believe that the reason we got Yao in 2002( was because our attendance was terrible at the time, or one of the worst in the league). Yao instantly changed that

I just want Stern gone, and for the NBA to feel real like the other 3 sports out there

Im in disbelief, its almost as if David Stern wants the Miami Heat to win the championship this year.

Hollinger said that had we kept Gasol, and signed Hayes, and Nene( we would have been one of the favorites in the West)

From the Matt Shaub injury, to the Stros moving to the AL, to our most important player on the Dynamo geting injured right before the Finals, to now getting our hearts ripped out yet again.

Its a sad day for me a sports fan

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

looks like were gonna get dalembert

3. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

heck no! :mad:

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

No. We will not have a bonda fide superstar unless one of our young players develop into one.

Superstars don't want to go places unless there are other superstars or their destination is glamorous.

Our best bet is to get lucky get two all star caliber players in one draft or something of that nature.

5. Johnson2000

Johnson2000 Member

Dalembert sucks and is overrated

Why cant we ever get lucky just once at anything in this city( post Hakeem era)

6. Raven

Raven Member

The Texans are 9 and 3.

Nine And Three.

I feel great!

:grin:

7. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

do some research. This team has had plenty of stars - Hayes, Murphy, Malone, Sampson, Olajuwan, Barkley, Pippen, Yao, McGrady. They've also had 3 SIGNIFICANT #1 picks in the past 20 years Sampson, Olajuwan and Yao....think about that vs. the number of teams in the league. If the lottery were rigged, NY or LA would have gotten the Yao pick. What a dump@ss post.

We're in a bad spot because we bet the farm on Yao and McGrady and they both crapped the bed. It takes time to reverse direction, especially when the rules change concerning contracts, etc. Yes, I agree that the pairing/demands of players to go to certain teams freakin' sucks, but this is not an NBA conspiracy. It's based on loopholes in the system and until they get serious about fixing the problem - it's going to continue down this path. The lock-out was a joke.

Imagine how Milwaukee or Cleveland or Golden State or Detroit or Minnesota or Denver or .........ORLANDO fans feel. Again, dumb@ass post.

8. tested911

tested911 Member

Nope because the only time in Rockets history that an all-star player wanted to come here was because we already had one.

9. lild713

lild713 Member

!!!

Dont think we Have any other choice bro..Either him or DeAndre Jordan cant judge season havent even started yet....what if he comes and do GREAT den u expected then we all wont be on here complaning this and that.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, through the draft.

DD

11. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

And they just keep coming......:rolleyes:

When was the last time in 30 years we didn't have an Allstar on this team????? Aside from now, we've always had one - so your brilliant comment makes no sense.

12. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Its just a dry spell. The Rockets will either nail a pick in the draft eventually, or they'll aquire one through trade. A superstar free agent signing? Less likely, but you never know, sometimes money DOES talk, and if you get someone that wants to move close to home or something, then it can work out.

1 person likes this.
  13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

We will create a superstar! Hear me TWill, JHill and Thabeet

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

THIS!! the sooner the better!

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

My hope is that Les allows Morey to trade our vets for picks now instead.

DD

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

His name was Yao.

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yeah that's a great idea. We'll chop them up, reassemble them into one legit 8 foot player. We'll take out TWills brain and put in Chuck's, take out Thabeet's heart and put in Scola's. Then we'll reanimate the body using lightning ... just like in the old horror movie. I can see it now ...FrankenBeeThill

18. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Give Josh Smith the max.

19. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

when we draft one.

20. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

well we did get t-mac for kelvin cato and a gay couple. that was a steal right there.