1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Toronto play hardball with Bosh?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sbyang, Jun 30, 2010.

1. sbyang

sbyang Member

Bosh to Miami is a realistic scenario, some reports have it being a done deal already.

The package Toronto receives back from Miami is: Chalmers, Beasley, Anthony, and some 1st round picks. The 1st round picks will be late so they have monetary value, but they still have to pay for Beasley's salary. All in all that is a crappy package compared to one that other teams can put together.

If I were Toronto's GM I'd tell Bosh to go have fun in Miami, without the extra 30 million. I think the Raptors fans would understand since no one really wants any of the crap Miami is offering. I'd rather tell the fans, "Chris wanted to leave, we didn't find a trade we liked, so we're letting him go," than have to spin Beasley, "Hey fans guess what we got for Bosh: a terrible locker room guy that doesn't play defense or rebound and loves to smoke pot."

Besides, if the GM stands firm against Bosh, there's a good chance Bosh will go back and accept another sign and trade offer. Bosh's camp is making lots of noise right now, how they only want to win and how much they want to be in Miami. They are trying to soften Toronto up so Toronto talks themselves into Miami's terrible offer. Well lets seem them put their money where their mouth is. Call their bluff and see them come back begging to do a sign and trade with another team.

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Don't dismiss the ~$9M TE.

If Toronto tells Bosh to walk and he does, they are finished. They will have a remaining roster of C-grade talent and little to no financial flexibility or trade assets. They also can't afford a 3-year rebuilding process, they aren't the Maple Leafs.

I'll admit, though, it is surprising that Toronto would so quickly go along with a deal this weak in return.

Evan

3. sbyang

sbyang Member

They were a mediocre team with Bosh, they will be a terrible team without him no matter what they do. Do fans really care about watching an 11th place team and a 15th place team?