1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will there be mass protests / violence post-election day?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Aug 7, 2016.

?

What do you expect to happen if Trump loses?

1. Nothing / peaceful transfer of power

42.0%
  2. Scattering protests

30.7%
  3. Mass protests and/or some incidents of violence

21.6%
  4. Mass riots

3.4%
  5. Revolt

2.3%
  1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Odds a thread is already created?

Kudo's for not making yet another Trump thread.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Wtf?

That's a psychotic f'ing moment. I was waiting for him to smile/laugh and say he's joking, and realize it was a tasteless joke.

omg. That's serious. He is in meltdown mode and people like these don't take well to losing especially with the power of radical fundamentalists in their pocket.

Honestly I can't believe he said that. That's not just Trump level f'ed up. It's historically f'ed up.

3. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Trump is on tilt.

4. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is, unfortunately, an election of precedents. We now know a dangerous demagogue can rise to power. This on is unqualified and incompetent. The next one may not be and may actually manage a winning campaign.

The responses to Trump are unprecedented and require a lot of people to step outside political norms for the sake of the republic. But even then, new precedents are being set and we can bet the right wing outrage machine will try to manufacture moments like these against future candidates from the other team.

I just hope our civil society can recover. But that really depends on the wing it bubble led by radio and FoxNews.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it was a conspiracy rather than obvious it was happening, but again you have failed to innumerate how it was rigged. You instead resort to attacking me instead of addressing my challenge to you.

You said it was rigged. People wanting one person over another instead of being neutral sucks - but it still isn't the same as rigging an election. So either say what was done or stop making stuff up.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I think it's time to revisit this - things are looking a lot worse

7. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

There's definitely going to be violence at some of the polling locations.

8. Space Ghost

Wishful fantasies. Nothing of significance will happen, but I am sure you will scouring the internet all night ready to post anything, even if its a peaceful protest.

Where was your outrage when BLM was burning down their neighborhoods?

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The type of people who obviously support Trump that might pose the most danger are these faux militia groups that have already shown to POINT LOADED WEAPONS AT FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES. So why is it a stretch that some of these nut jobs with their 'gear queer' sapi plate carriers, and tricked out AR15s with peq15s, acog sights, suppressors etc who have explicitly shown to use these weapons as a 'show of force' agaisnt our government will mingle around polling stations? Why is that a reach for you?

[​IMG]

10. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

In addition to knuckleheads like these r****ds posting up outside campaign officies with guns, you've got elected officials openly egging them on. Don't act like it's such a stretch

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I suspect people like Space Ghost are definitely jonesing for violence.

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Nothing, Trump is a response to perceived racial and cultural changes in the socioeconomic order, not actual ones. They may say more things that make the people who actually do riot under certain circumstances feel more alienated. Their may be more subconscious discrimination since that's actually infeasible to litigate against as an individual minority.

13. Space Ghost

Are you suggesting these extremists are going to start shooting innocent victims at polling stations? When have they ever targeted the general population?

Let me remind you of two protected liberal groups who do this; Extremist Jihadists and violent BLM protesters.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm sorry, but to say that extremist jihadists are part of the 'protected group' for liberals is disgusting. How can one have a rational discussion with someone with such a different alternate reality?

shastarocket likes this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

That he sees it that way goes to show that he is really part of the whole alt-right movement.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

538 has an article back in March I believe where they show that the avg Trump supporter made well above national avg. 73k. Don't know if that still stand today, but those were early Trump supporter so I think it would. So I was serious when I said they will just return to their good lives (or at least economically...).

Of course there will be some pockets of crazy that temp violence, but on a mass scale - doubtful.

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Extremists jihadists are a protected group? Seriously, what planet do you live on dude?

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

CCorn likes this.
  19. CCorn

CCorn Member

I'm scared my mother is going to riot. She's gone completely crazy. My parents never owned guns growing up, yet now she is convinced she needs to by one to protect herself from that "murderous b****" Hillary.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I won't be shocked by a bit of violence, but I don't think it'll be huge. But, with the arson attack on a Trump office, the plot to blow up a Somali apartment building, the occupation of Malheur, and the racially-motivated cop-killing, I think we see we have some miscreants who want to use violence to make political statements. I don't see why it'd be at a polling station, per se, but election day or immediately following would be a good calendrical marking for some kind of 'stand' by the losing side. This election really is that ugly.