1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will there be mass protests / violence post-election day?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Aug 7, 2016.

?

What do you expect to happen if Trump loses?

1. Nothing / peaceful transfer of power

42.0%
  2. Scattering protests

30.7%
  3. Mass protests and/or some incidents of violence

21.6%
  4. Mass riots

3.4%
  5. Revolt

2.3%
  1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Does Rocketslegume running through the streets naked, screaming that the election was rigged, count as a protest?

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You need to find a thinking cap.
    Again, there was not any significant protests with Obama. There were no protest by these rabid Trump supporters when Hillary wasn't indicted. Its almost impossible to find someone who will admit to being a Trump supporter in the first place. Trump is not even trying to win at this point. Unless something drastic happens that brings Trumps support close to Hillarys, I dont know why you would even think anyone will be paying attention to Trump by election day....much less him whining about rigged elections, whatever that means.

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK!

4. body slam

body slam Member

Nothing peaceful transfer of power maybe a few scattered protest.

Have Trump supports been violent in the past?

5. Dei

Dei Member

Only if Trump wins. Conservatives don't really riot but you can expect libtards, blacks and mexicans to go out on force when they don't get what they want.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Part of the reason conservatives...errrr...white people dont riot is because the truth is no matter how much hype the apply to how horrible the democrats are, it doesn't really negatively impact them when the democrats win like the pretend it will.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think these people are conservatives. I'm talking about Trump supporters - those crazy people yelling racist and homophobic taunts and beating up protesters at ralleys.

They are angry - very angry. And they feel they are losing their country to people unlike them. That white America is dying. They are generally poor and uneducated - they may not have that much to lose.

You've had a lot of people itching for a revolution. If Trump loses and claims the election invalid that might be their cue.

I think people are underestimating the danger here.

8. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

The revolts and protests would occur if Hillary loses. They went on for years when Gore lost.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Errr... the Iraq war protests? heh

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Pretty racist thing to say...Does being a conservative = white???

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

preface ( i may be wrong)...but I have seen NUMEROUS riots as a result of folks just trying to attend a Trump rally...But I really havent seen a Liberal protester get punched or assaulted...

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

There weren't any protests when either Gore or Kerry lost. I don't think there's been protests for any candidate losings except for Sanders - who also claimed the whole thing was "rigged"

This isn't a Republican or Democratic thing.

This is a demagogue tapping into the anger of nationalists who feel they are losing their country and already using violent language. You do not think there will be a backlash after Trump declares he was cheated?

Never has a candidate ever done that before. If Hillary loses, she will concede but won't call the election a fraud.

There's a big difference going on here.

13. Granville

Granville Member

It has been proven that it was rigged and Sanders was right. Hillary hiring DWS brought more scrutiny on top of her campaign.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

It was rigged?

Please explain how Sanders had votes taken away from him - did they tamper with the voting machines? Did they commit voter fraud? How was the election "rigged?"

I think you need to stop listening to Trump.

15. Granville

Granville Member

I think you need to stop ignorantly supporting Hillary. I know it's embarrassing for you to admit but there was a conspiracy within the DNC to damage Bernie's campaign. The fact that it likely wasn't even necessary doesn't matter. The DNC was doing its best to make sure he wasn't going to win when they were supposed to be neutral.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Rocketlegend becomes rocketholic

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Trump supporters will just go back to:

a) their parents basements
    b) their retirement homes

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

c) making good money, enjoying life

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Because they went to Trump University!

20. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I don't think anything is going to happen but Trump calling on "2nd amendment people" to basically shoot Hillary is pretty freaking outrageous and is certainly upping the odds.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Trump: If Clinton picks judges, &quot;nothing you can do, folks -- although the 2nd Amendment people, maybe there is.&quot; <a href="https://t.co/7oFn4JE2D8">https://t.co/7oFn4JE2D8</a></p>&mdash; NBC Nightly News (@NBCNightlyNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/763093253260390400">August 9, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You can finally add me to the crowd of people completely offended by his reckless comments.

What the **** is he thinking?