1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will the Toyota Center CONSISTENTLY SELLOUT NOW with Dwight Howard in Town???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SSP365, Jul 25, 2013.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dwight will enjoy playing in an empty arena.

[​IMG]

:p

2. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

I bought season tickets. The section I usually sit in sold out so I had to move sections. The ticket rep told me no partial game plans either. So I don't know man I think they will sell out but a lot of tge rich people in the club level don't sho up

3. MadMax

MadMax Member

Or they do show up, but don't go down to their seats...they sit at the bar areas in the club sections and use the whole experience as time to schmooze more business from clients and potential clients. Those are the guys that buy the seats that help pay the salaries of guys named Dwight and James.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Selling seats hasnt been the issue at the TC...its about making sure peoples butts are in the chairs by game time...

5. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

I hope not cos im planning on visiting Houston later this year or early next year from New Zealand, I better get a ticket! lol

6. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

i'm just hoping tickets don't skyrocket. tickets were affordable last season

7. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Also, i wonder if we'll still get the clutchfans game discounts every month now with D12

8. MadMax

MadMax Member

you'll get one...use flashseats...you'll just pay more than you would have last season.

9. MadMax

MadMax Member

Ticket price increases were already happening.

Like I said in the previous post though, I typically buy seats on Flashseats, and i'm sure I'll pay more for those this year than I did last year.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I doubt it, and I have been to a lot of games over the years.

11. HTM

HTM Member

I'm bored. Can the season start next week?

12. MadMax

MadMax Member

So they sold out 10 of their 41 games last season, I think.

How many do you think they sell out this season?

If reports are true that the lower bowl is almost entirely sold out as full season tickets, how in the world are they not going to "consistently" sell out?

13. texanskan

texanskan Member

I'm pretty sure all the games will sell out

14. MadMax

MadMax Member

I would not be surprised. Nor would I be surprised if about 75-80% of the games sell out...which I think meets the criteria of "consistently."

15. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining about anything. I don't even live in Houston anymore, so it's not *MY* suburb. I'm just giving my honest assessment of why I believe the arena is empty at the start of the game yet respectably full at the end of the game...

I'm not "hitting" the location. I love Toyota Center and the fact that it's right in the middle of downtown. But if anything, game times need to be 7:30 at the earliest.

Calm the **** down dude.

16. nickb492

nickb492 Member

Only if they are winning. That's it. Other then that it will decent. Not great

17. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Only if they are winning!

18. solid

solid Member

Absolutely right, I live about three hours from TC; I used to come in some, but I am not going to buy one ticket until they resolve the TV deal. I made that promise last year and I am sticking to it. Screwing the fans has consequences.

19. MadMax

MadMax Member

What most people don't realize is that season ticket sales make up the real base for a great crowd through the year....and that's not about how the team actually performs, but more about how the team is perceived before the season even begins...the buzz before opening night.

AS A GENERAL RULE...IF you have a below average season in year one...

a really good season in year two...

you will find that ticket sales for year three will be better, regardless of whether you match the output of performance from year two or not.

Buzz sells season tickets...that's what gets people to commit huge amounts of money. If they think it will be entertaining to their clients and employees, they'll throw down money on expensive tickets and write them off as a business expense.

That buzz is hitting the Rockets big time right now...to the point we're hearing that the lower bowl may be entirely sold out to full season ticket holders. If that happens, it doesn't matter how the team ultimately does, because the base of seats that are already sold is tremendous before anyone buys partial season or individual seats in the upper deck.

20. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Member

Yeah they'll sell out. I don't guarantee the arena will be packed though. Just that season tickets will be sold. Corporations love buying tix and not attending games. :rolleyes: