1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will the Texans make the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Air Langhi, Oct 7, 2013.

?

Yes or No

1. Yes

31.1%
  2. No

68.9%
  1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I thought the colts were frauds who got very lucky last year. Well it looks like they might be legit. So that leaves two WC spots. I think with the chiefs hot start either they or denver will get that. So that realistically leaves one spot.

With the current standings that leaves the dolphins, browns/bengals/ravens, Titans as the Texans main competition. I think of those teams bengals/ravens are the texans main competition.

At this point I would say they have 50-50 shot of making the playoffs which is kind of crazy given the expectations for this team.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I can't help but think that they will make the Playoffs as a homer.

But let's be realistic, Schaub is a scrub and Kubiak is a horrible coach. Looking at the schedule it is much more likely that they will miss the Playoffs

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

no homer but i still think we make the playoffs

however we will be knocked out early maybe even first round

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

As of right now, I look at the schedule and see a finish of 7-9. Should beat STL, Jax twice, Arizona, and Oakland. Still have the AFC South Champion Colts twice, Patriots, Broncos, Chiefs, and finish at Tennessee. Going to have to win at least 3 of those to get to 10 wins. I don't see it happening as the team is currently constructed.

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

it makes me sad to say this but i don't think we make the playoffs. unless something changes with the offense (most notably Matt Schaub of course), we're not better than the Bengals or even the Ravens/Dolphins.

6. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Not with Schaub leading this team!

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

St. Louis
    @Kansas City
    Bye
    Indianapolis
    @Arizona
    Oakland
    Jacksonville
    New England
    @Jacksonville
    @Indianapolis
    Denver
    @Tennessee

I'll optimistically say yes.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's a tough proposition honestly.

The wild card will be extremely tough. I go ahead and award one of the wild card spots to the Chiefs or Broncos.

The other wild card will be hotly contested between:
    EITHER of the Dolphins/Patriots
    EITHER of the Ravens/Bengals
    EITHER of the Colts/Texans
    MAYBE the Titans

7 teams for 4 spots and you only have a chance at two of the available 4.

I say they go 7-4 the rest of the way to finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

There is a "soft" part of a schedule that is coming up. Major changes could mean we get through the more difficult part of it later, with whoever is the quarterback.

The jist of the playoff contention lies with being better than the Colts at least once, because we are a bit better than at least the Titans and Jaguars right now, and New England is definitely beatable.

I think the last game determines the division or a wild card. :cool:

GO TEXANS!!!

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I heard them say last night that only 21% of teams that start 2-3 have made the playoffs.

I think we still get a wildcard berth, but we will definitely need some help. Just a week ago, I can't imagine even thinking like that.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The wild card may be even harder than the division.

12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see us beating out Kansas City or Baltimore/Cincinnati/Miami/New England for a spot. Given that we've never won in Indianapolis, it sure doesn't look like it'll happen this year.

13. macho87

macho87 Member

I think they finish 7-9 or 8-8. No playoffs

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They are two games out of the division, 1-0 in the division (so 5 more super important games left)

They are 2-1 in the conference (this comes into affect at the end of the season) the good thing is they lost to the Seahawks and 9ers of the NFC, only good thing about those losses and thus only one game out of a WC spot.

They are RIGHT there. I think we all expect a win at home against St.Louis. If they can't win that game then forget it. I like their schedule though, if they DO make the playoffs they'll be a battle-tested team. Much better than last year feasting on bad teams for half the year and facing no adversity till late.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'm thinking we miss out by 1 game and it will all come back to the SEA home loss. Traditionally playoff teams win at home and get a few on the road.

I hope I'm wrong but even if we make the playoffs I don't have confidence that we could actually make any noise with Schaub.

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

St. Louis - Win??
    @Kansas City - Loss
    Bye (record at 3-4)
    Indianapolis - Loss
    @Arizona - Win
    Oakland - Win
    Jacksonville - Win
    New England - Win
    @Jacksonville - Win
    @Indianapolis - Win
    Denver - Win
    @Tennessee - Loss

10-6 Texans become the Wildcard. Colts win the division.

17. Major

Major Member

What? In last year's first 7 games, they played a 5-1 Baltimore team that won the SB, Green Bay, and Denver.

18. kingk

kingk Member

Get off this thread bro. You talking about playoffs! Have y'all watched this team play. We have no chance. Unless Schaub miracously gets better or our backup proves to be a NFL starter.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You extend it to 7 when their first 5 games were against scrubby teams. Their only quality win at the time was against the Broncos. So yeah 4 games out of their 12 games were against mediocre to just plain bad teams.

Because after the Ravens they went back to playing mediocre-bad teams again...other than the Bears. Then they wilted at the end because they finished their last 4 games against playoff teams.

This year the schedule is extremely tough. Not only because their division has suddenly become tough...but they also play the AFC West which is suddenly the best division in the NFL oh and they play the NFC West as well...then have games thrown in there against the Patriots and Ravens in there just for funsies.

This year's schedule is nothing like last years. They feasted a lot on bad teams last year.

20. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

nope, i thought it was fishy when Vegas had the texans at 10.5 and heavy juice on the under. Vegas expected Texans to have a pretty bad season, which is happening