1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will the Texans ever play on Thanksgiving?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Kam, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

And when I mean Thanksgiving, I mean vs the Lions or Cowboys.

Looking at future schedules, we play at Detroit in 2012. Right now, they're playing New England in 2010, so I figure in 2012, they'll play an AFC team because they rotate it every year. The AFC South is supposed to play the North. They'll probably give it to the Colts again.

Next year, the Lions will play on FOX vs someone in their division, Atlanta or Carolina or the placed NFC West team.

In 2014, we have a chance to be on FOX vs the Cowboys. Not sure if Manning is going to be around, but they could always pick the Colts.

2. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I hope not, UT and Texans would be fighting for air time

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I think your forgetting about the third game via NFL Network. There is not rotation for that game I believe.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

That games in the evening. Lions seem to always open at 11:30 central.

I want to play the Lions or Cowboys on network tv.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I wouldnt want them to ruin my holidays, I am glad they dont play

1 person likes this.
  6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I think there is a chance we play at Dallas in four years, if the Texans are competent in the years prior to it. The Oilers played the Cowboys a couple of times on Thanksgiving. Earl use to laugh at the Cowboys' defense back then.

7. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

And the Cowboys and Tony Dorsett laughed at Earl cause he never won a ring for tearing up his body.

8. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

I don't know how this lions cowboys tradiotion started but it needs to end real fast. I don't watch the games thank god.

9. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

If you don't watch the games, then why would you want them to end? They don't affect you.

10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Why would you want to see the Texans on national TV.? so we can be embarrassed infront of the whole nation..?

11. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

I don't think the country wants to see the Texans. Probably half the country doesn't even know the Texans exist.

12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Look how long it took the Saints to play...course look how long it took the Saints to be relevant. If the Texans could become an elite team, and stay that way, then sure. Let's just focus on getting to the playoffs first, or even before that, getting a coach who has the ability to get us to the playoffs.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It's just not right that the Lions and Cowboys get a late season competitive advantage year in and year out. A short week home game (as opposed to having to travel), then a nice long break prior to their 12th game.

14. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Plus, the Cowboys played their Week 11 game at home as well. So no travel at all needed whereas the Saints did have to travel to Dallas (albeit from New Orleans), but at least they had a home game in Week 11.

Same with the Jets. They hosted the Texans in Week 11 and then they get to host the Bengals (who hosted Buffalo in Week 11) in Week 12.

At least the Lions played on the road in Week 11 and then hosted a team who played at home in Week 11. That's almost the only fair way to do it, IMO.

15. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

It's not an advantage. When was the last time the Lions were relevant? See. There. It's fair.

16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

This is a relevant statement. Majority of people think I am a Cowboys fan.

17. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Supposedly, they were in the running for this year's night game vs NY. Ny was promised it when the Giants got the nod for the "first ever home game at the new stadium." In fact, a couple people I know in the Texans org said that McNair was pretty pissed when they gave it to Cinn. That NFL network game is usually up for grabs so thats their best chance at playing on Thxgvg...and possibly even at home to boot

18. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

They weren't in the running for it. McNair called Goodell and begged to get the game. Major turn off. You don't do that. So naturally he was denied.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

I hope not; I really enjoy Thanksgiving. They would most certainly screw it up. Come to think of it, I wouldn't watch them if they were.

20. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

No we don't. The Texans are an AFC team so that means CBS televises the away games.

If the networks keep the same rotation (i.e. CBS in Detroit and Fox in Dallas during even numbered years) the Texans will never play at Dallas during Thanksgiving.

The only chance for the Texans to play on Thanksgiving would be at Detroit in 2012 (like you said) or the NFL Network game.