1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will the Texans ever change their Uniform/Logo combination?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by JimmyJackson, May 17, 2012.

1. cardpire

cardpire Member

why? so, should every pro team in texas should have the state outline in their logo? is naming them a silly name like the "texans" not shoving the state down everybody's throats enough already?

i could care less about the unis and logo, personally. the ridiculous name of the team is what sucks.

1 person likes this.
  2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

While the name is goofy, and redundant, I think they have the best logo and uniform combination in the NFL. I don't think there is a logo in the NFL that's even CLOSE to as good as ours, honestly. I wouldn't mind if they streamlined the uniforms a little more, and went with solid All-Whites with the blue helmet on the road, with the red shirt, white pants, blue helmet combo at home permanently. I don't mind the blue shirt, white pants combo that much though.

1 person likes this.
  3. Apps

Apps Member

I think everything about the Texans is A-O.K. actually. The name was a hard-time growing on me but I've come around. I think the fact that it's a bull colored as the Texas flag for a team named the "Texans" is definitely "Texas" enough, no need for the state outline.

And I also agree with others about keeping with a tradition. I want the Texans' logo to be a classic logo 50 years from now.

4. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Same here. Like the Steelers, Packers, Dolphins etc.

5. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

I can't believe people are still crying like little girls over the name 10 years later.

I have no interest in a new logo or uniforms beyond having them suit up in a blue helmet - red jersey - blue pants combination at some point.

And for the record, all white sucks completely.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

That sounds awful.

Worse than red on red, even.

Whatever happened to the white helmet concept?

[​IMG]

7. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I have always wondered the same about the white helmets. I think it would have been cool.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

They should never change it.

I didn't like the name originally, but thought they hit a grand slam in designing a logo and picking colors. The team was in direct competition with the cowboys, who were not only seen as Team Texas, but America's team. How do you beat that? By naming yourself the texans, bull as a logo with texas flag, and red, white, and blue as your colors. Perfect. The logo is easily identified with the team, looks great, and can stand alone without words. The colors are also easy on the eyes and you dont look like a clown wearing jerseys, so fans gobble up merchandise and apparel.

1 person likes this.
  9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I hated the name Texans too but I've gotten used to it. I'm cool with it now.

I too would like the all white unis to be our regular road combo.

I actually prefer the blue helmet to the white one. I didn't think the White helmets were ever really a concept. I thought they were just something generic to stick the logo on for the unveil before they decided what the unis and helmets were going to look like.

10. Relentless

Relentless Member

Wasn't this an inaugural season thing?

11. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

They showed them at the logo debut, but then when they actually started playing they went with the blue.

[​IMG]

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Im all for the white helmets. I loved them when they were shown...then I was underwhelmed when I saw the blue on the field.

13. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

There was a Texans special on the news not too long ago, and they said the white helmet tested similar to the Patriots, so they changed to blue. Not sure if that's an NFL thing, or a personal preference.

14. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Hated the name at first but came around to love it. Love the colors and logo and hope they don't mess with it -- has a modern classic look to it and it's sharp. Only reason it should ever change is if it goes back to the Oilers.

15. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

NO..

"if it aint broke dont fix it"

PS white helmets are so dull and boring, the texans logo doesnt have the same appeal without the outline...

16. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I like the idea about wearing the read jersey more often (with white pants)
    and please say NO to the white helmet or we would be the division with white helmets except for Jax.

what about red helmets:

[​IMG]

imagine having one helmet for home games and one for away games:

home games:
    helmet: blue
    jersey: red
    pants: white

away games:
    helmet: red
    jersey: white
    pants: blue

:grin:

17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I say no to the white helmet. It looks like a pop warner helmet.

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I think we're all just a little disappointed in how uninspired the new Nike jerseys look.

19. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I seriously doubt it. McNair has repeatedly said that he wants to emulate the Steelers organization. I.E. stable front office, smash mouth football, keeping a coach as long as possible (as he has shown), overall continuity everywhere you look. I would imagine that like the Steelers (at least the last few decades), he would like to keep the same uniforms for all eternity.

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Steelers of late have been much different. No run game, aged defense without depth, badly managed contracts, and uniforms made to trick bees from their honey.
    [​IMG][​IMG]