1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will The Rockets End Up Worse?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Visagial, Jul 10, 2014.

?

Will the Rockets get better or worse this offseason?

1. Better

121 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. Worse

184 vote(s)
    60.3%
  1. Snorkin

Snorkin Member

this. spot on.

2. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

reminds me of the previous seasons wherein we lost on several marquee free agents (from D.Will, D Howard part 1,Chris Bosh pt 1, etc etc) well at least we have Howard and Harden as cornerstones

3. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

Somehow I actually saw what you were going for there at first glance.

4. James88

James88 Member

Aren't the Rockets still the favorites to get Bosh? Everything I hear about Lebron is that he's going to the Cavs.

5. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Loyalty bro, you love your team no matter what. Obviously there would be disappointment, but it's just a game. It's much better to be loyal during hard times, than to be a fan during the good. Worst case scenario we sink back to mediocrity, and in retrospect, those days were not THAT bad, it was still exciting and fun.

6. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

^ Such low bball IQ gtfo

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I wonder if we turn our attention to Rondo is we strike out on everyone and lose Parsons

8. flusched

flusched Member

If your team is young and you get another year together then you should improve. It's the musical chairs and getting older with every trade that kills you. That's what this organization is doing.

I started a thread about the soul of a team. What I mean by a soul is a consistent intelligent strategy that you stick with. This organization like most of the others in the NBA play the game of opportunism. San Antonio doesn't play that game. They are the model of consistency, and have been doing it without a lottery pick since they took Duncan in 1997. Duncan and Pop have 5 rings together. Parker, Duncan, and Ginobili are past their prime, but they have never played for any other team.

Parsons is the only Rocket from 3 years ago, and this organization is considering letting him walk. This organization doesn't place any value on consistency and continuity. They will always lack a foundation upon which to build.

1 person likes this.
  9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

How could we possibly get worse?

Rockets are 1 of 2 teams that will land Bosh following LeBrons choice no later than tomorrow

Rockets still have 68 hours as of 2pm when the clock started on Parsons too match and if they want too sign a just as productive but cheaper contract like Ariza, Deng, Tucker they can do so (barring they don't land Bosh and move either/both Asik and Lin

Rockets still have the MLE, BAE

Rockets still have numerous trade assets with picks, Asik and Lin expirings and TPE's that can create, top International prospects and well coveted young players

I guarantee Morey and Gerson have an extensive plan with multiple options. Patience. The offseason just really started today and LeBron is going to send things in serious motion when the choice is revealed.

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

As long as Lin leaves The Rockets will be better regardless of whatever else happens...

11. ryandoc

ryandoc Member

Most people will think that on paper we'll be worse, but I bet we'll have a better record than last year.

12. do work son

do work son Member

if we pass on bosh, sign a couple free agents to upgrade the bench, and match parsons, we're a better team. same starting 5 that won 54 games with a better bench

13. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

We have to end up better. Being worse isn't an option.
    We've only got 2 years window on DH.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

As long as the clueless, incompetent joke McHale is replaced we will be better off even if we lose Parsons and Asik without much in return.

Only thing holding this team back is coaching or lack thereof

15. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/YoScuba420">@YoScuba420</a> would y'all be patient. We will be great.</p>&mdash; Dwight Howard (@DwightHoward) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward/statuses/487387323953188864">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Unfortunately, that's why I voted for Worse on this poll. Losing Parsons and Asik is bad enough, but losing both Parsons and Asik, all while keeping McHale as Head Coach (without adding anyone significant to coaching staff), how can we possibly be better??? Teams like LAC and POR are making moves by bringing in players and adding depth to their rosters, while we have been passed up by these "star???" FAs and we haven't even attempted to sure up our own roster. As was posted, we do have a glaring hole at SF (unless Covington does wonders for us this coming season). I also am absolutely SICK of getting bounced in the 1st Round as all of CFans are. I really don't know how this can get any better. If anyone has some extra insight or info, please let me know.

17. Da34Box

Da34Box Member

Getting eliminated from the playoffs by the last place 15 win Utah Jazz netting us the 14th pick in the nba draft. That's the only thing that could be worse.

18. TheresTheDagger

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/Imagine4Ever">@Imagine4Ever</a> would y'all Relax.</p>&mdash; Dwight Howard (@DwightHoward) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward/statuses/487393187330146304">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

If we miss we miss out on Bosh and don't match Parson's. How about Pierce for 2 years. I know he is way past his prime, but he still does pretty well. As a third option, think we would be good at the 3 sport and also bring leadership to young team. He was mentioned at wanting 2 years at 9 mill a year. Much better than Parson's 15 mil. What do you think? Good idea or not?

20. Raven

Raven Member

Another drama thread. Awesome!

Dwight was not the new normal. Elite players don't hate Houston, but they obviously prefer glamor cities. This is why the Rockets are putting Parsons out there a year early, and promising to match, to demonstrate to free agents that they will spend to win. They are clearly hoping that a guy like Bosh or Carmelo might be intrigued enough by being on a four star team that they will leave a better city.

And no, I don't think the Rockets will end up worse unless they do a panic upgrade. If they lose Parsons and Asik, and can't get a star, just keep Lin until the deadline and look to be a predator. There are worse things than being under the cap.

Lastly, I'm a fan of Parsons, but he's not irreplaceable.