1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will team chemistry improve now that Chandler is gone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KingCheetah, Oct 16, 2014.

Tags:
  1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Team I have no idea what you mean by physics: me

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Parsons was just as bad as Harden with accountability. He b****ed and moaned on the court all last season when things weren't going right and ultimately got beat on the Lillard dagger.

3. photojoe

photojoe Member

Will Clutchfans improve once we stop talking so much about a player who doesn't play for us anymore?

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Parsons was a good locker room guy. Our chemistry will not change much. What will change is our balance. We will be a much better defensive team this year.

5. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

LOL gotta "bulk up"

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yeah i have no idea why dwight retains fegan. he'll be getting the MAX regardless of who his agent is anyways. so why hold onto someone who so obviously is a parasite/adversary of the team roster he's a part of.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If Jason Terry stays for the entire season I can see the chemistry be better than it had been in years. He's the media PR guy that this team needs. Harden can be difficult to interview at times and Howard is Howard. We need Terry to be the vocal guy and the old wily vet that gets everyone on track. Him and Beverly should take the reins of the locker room this year.

8. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

It would have been bad chemistry had he stayed at that mega contract

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

No, on the court I expect things to be worse for his absence. Maybe guys like Ariza or Terry can fill the void, but Parsons was a net benefit on the court making all the parts work together.

No, the bbs cannot exist without a whipping boy. Once we stop crying about Chandsome, we'll latch onto some new punching bag. We've never in the last 15 years gone without one.

10. SemisolidSnake

Quite possibly it will improve, though who knows how to quantify that? A guy who makes an exit like that clearly has an attitude we didn't know about before, and that would've likely created problems behind the scenes. If he'd stayed around for one more year, it seems clear now that he would have been upset at being "underpaid," and that would have likely affected his motivation. This is the sort of risk you take with young players: for all the millions they make, many still haven't learned the value of the word "professionalism."

Now that that armchair psychoanalysis is out of the way, I think chemistry may improve just because he was a good player with high potential but with no discernible role from game to game. I thought this through most of the past two seasons, especially the last one. He played with a strange inconsistency where he'd be a dominant driver to the basket (much better than James) in one game and lead all scorers by the half. Then, however, he'd just stop in the second half and shift himself into some other role like assisting where he'd make almost no impact. He could have easily broken 40 points on many games by just playing consistently in both halves. There were other games where he'd be on fire behind the arc and then a complete dud the next game or even in just the next half. I don't what the deal was, but a good player who doesn't exploit their capabilities the whole game isn't really helping as much as he could. Therefore, I could see their play be more consistent, assuming coaching doesn't mess that up.

11. Aarackniid

Aarackniid Member

I'm pretty sure anyone who has observed the situation from then to now can see that it was only slightly detrimental to the team and the positives are numerous. Oh yeah and major sports writers with no bias are saying the same things, a lot.

12. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Still missing a true point guard...when our Harden and Howard goes to the bench, who will be our go to guy and who is our facilitator when our offense goes stagnant? It was apparent last game against the Pelicans..

13. RedHotRockets01

F**K Parsons. I'm a Rockets fan bruh! I'm rolling with whoever on the squad!

14. dragician

dragician Member

improve? Parsons was the glue to the team and you ask if it will improve?

15. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

How quickly we forget. Parson was the "glue man" to this team. He was loved by everyone

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Ariza will play that role now. He is a more mature player as compared to the first time he played for us.

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

lol the only reason he was the glue was because he was the longest tenured player here and was here before Lin, Asik, Harden, Howard, and Beverly were on board.

The team never gravitated towards his "leadership" or looked at him for direction.

Don't get it twisted. Chandler Parsons is the guy that you can go have a beer with and can give you a good chest bump. He's not the guy that will go to war with you and get you fired up to beat anyone.

18. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Not knocking Parsons but I do believe Ariza will improve our team chemistry only b/c I feel he is the type of guy/person to lead by example. As well, I feel his personality is overall better for the team...

Ariza seems like the type of guy who is a quiet leader, he knows when to speak up and talk. Parson's on the other hand was very very egotistical imo and probably tried to lead or voice his opinion when he should of sat back and been listening.

Also a 2nd full season of Pat Bev starting is gonna help our chemistry. He's a extremely hard worker and I hope this rubs off on our young guns: Nick Johnson, Canaan and Tr3y Daniels.

19. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Lin was a disruptive force on the court.

20. bongman

bongman Member

Chemistry would have definitely improved if we signed Tori Black instead