1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Rick Adelman put T-Mac in the starting lineup?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RyanB, Nov 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RyanB

RyanB Member

can't agree more

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

When armstrong was in orlando, tracy wasnt dominating the ball nearly as much as he did when he came to houston. They ran alot of plays that freed him up to come off screens and stuff. Now if you don't believe that, i cant help you.

Personally, i think they should trade him and Yao. Yao misses more games than tracy and both are sucking the salary cap life out of the rockets. i'm ready to rebuild, but management doesnt think so. As long as tracy and yao are here together, this team is going to be a 2nd rd playoff team and no more. Now people can say i cant lump yao and tracy together, yeah i can. Yao is the slowest man in the league and offensively if he's not recieving the ball in a perfect place, he bogs any motion you're trying to run. he doesn't read angle and if you take him out the low post, he the biggest jumpshooter in the world. Tracy, we know his issues as well and i think its just time to say good bye to both. Actually, if it were me, scola,shane,yao,and tracy would be on different teams right now.

3. ibm

ibm Member

then who would have been on our team already?

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would not mind them trading Yao, it would depend on whom they get back....

I think the Yao and Tmac experiment has failed.....and Yao is just as injury prone as Tmac....

I just think Les' valuation would go down if they traded Yao.....

And if you want to see what your kind of team is like, look at Atlanta...all athletes no real threat.

DD

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why don't you trade Morey and Les for other guys as well and we could start afresh. That would give you more space to talk about contractual situations including GMs and owners. :rolleyes:

6. DaDakota

If we did that, then so many posters would not be able to understand anything, right now at least they understand some rudimentary stuff.

DD

7. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Uhm....huh ? what are you talking about dude.......

8. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

This is how its gonna be. When McGrady comes back at first he is going to come off the bench to get his timing and wind and then when he is situated he is gonna be inserted in the starting 5.

Or

When he is cleared to practice. He is going to go hard in practice and when game time comes he is automatically going to be inserted in the starting 5 but his mins wont be as high or normal as a starting person would get because he is just starting the season.

9. kpopy

kpopy Member

As usual, he will come off the bench for the first 1 or 2 two games, then he will surely start and replace either Battier or Ariza. Ariza is more likely to be sitted, as he could be a good offense complement in the second unit.

10. jae713

jae713 Member

I think he will fit in fine. There's still room in this offense for 1 on 1 opportunities. How many times has Ariza been stuck having to attack the basket withought success. Just picture T-mac doing the same but with a better ability to finish and better court vision. Say what you want about T-mac but he's still the best playmaker on this team. IMHO the direction of this team will depend on how well T-mac can comeback. Personally, I cant wait to see him out there.

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

history, like him leading the league in scoring? like him putting up SICK PLAYOFF STATS? :)

12. DaDakota

By dominating the ball, playing more minutes, taking more shots, and shooting a worse percentage, all while his teams crumble in the playoffs and squander homecourt.

Yep.

DD

13. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

As big of a T-Mac fan I am that boat has sailed. Scoring title on this team is not gonna happen. This team is deep. Brooks can score. Scola, Battier, Ariza, The 2nd unit. I mean McGrady doesn't have to do what he did in Orlando.

but DD is right. History does tend to repeat itself. I know the haters are going to say yeah his nagging injuries but history always has a way of coming back and haunting the Rockets. ::: cough cough :::: Yao's damn foot :mad: :mad:

14. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

This is where you're wrong...

Year Yao Tracy
    02-03 82 75
    03-04 82 67
    04-05 80 78
    05-06 57 47
    06-07 48 71
    07-08 55 66
    08-09 77 35

Yao with 481 games played

Tracy with 439 games played

http://www.basketball-reference.com/

15. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

The argument was never whether he will come back healthy or not.......the thing that pissed many posters off was DD's insistence that even if he comes back healthy he is a detriment to the team. Nobody knows how he will be when he comes back obviously it was a major injury, but if the guy is even 90% he will be a huge additon to this team. That is the argument.

16. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I think what he meant ever since McGrady was traded to the Rockets. As of now add 82 games to Yao and 6 games to Mac

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yeah, if you go back to Yao's rookie year when McGrady wasn't even part of the team, and you ignore this season when Yao will likely miss all 82 games.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whether they start T_mac or not - I doubt he will play a lot of minutes. Probably 15 to start and may increase to 25-30 by the end of the season.

They have to ease his knee back no?

19. DaDakota

The only way he would be a help is if he suddenly switched to an entirely different playing style and ran up and down the court, and shared responsibility with the ball.

I don't see it happening....love to be wrong, but I will believe it when I see it.

DD

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he does not have to run up an down to be effective in this offense. he's a good rebounder for hsi size, and he can trigger the fast break.

when we do set up in the halfcourt, tracy can go through screens or play at the high post.

minimize his pick and rolls and tracy should fit in just fine.