1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Rick Adelman put T-Mac in the starting lineup?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RyanB, Nov 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

In the 21 straight wins he was a part of, he averaged 22.1 ppg, 6.2 apg, 5.3 rpg, only 2.5 turnovers, in 38.5 mpg. 44% shooting from the field. By the boxscore, he had something like a 21 PER during that stretch. He was a huge part of that win streak.

2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Did I miss something here?

3. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i have a feeling t-mac joining the team will be akin to iverson joining the pistons last season, the demise of a proud defensive team.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because that's not true - he fit into JVG's offense and he also fit in back in 2007 when his returned helped go on a 22 game winning streak.

History should tell you that a healthy T-mac can fit into nearly any offense.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The infamous rofflesaurus takes over.

6. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

EXACTLY.......and DAKOTA SAYS he was a detriment to the team HAHAHA. Man dakota is a complete idiot.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not that bad Dada - for what Morey would get for trading T-mac - it's wouldn't bring us up to a contender level. Very marginal improvement over the guys we have.

That's why T-mac is still a Rocket...because Morey would rather let him walk than trade away someone who can still be a difference maker.

8. Audioout

Audioout Member

You know, I trust DM's judgment over DD's and their opinions couldn't be further apart. I mean, DD wants Camby whom Morey has actually used as an example of selfish play.

Besides, DD in any other thread is a solid contributor, but in a Tmac thread he borders on trolling.

9. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

He is not a complete idiot man, he just has his views on how Tmac affects this team. I agree that he was a huge part of the win streak, but saying he is an idiot for his views isn't necessary :rolleyes:

10. Mr Chuck Norris

Why do people still listen to Dada he says that Corey Magette will be a welcome addition to our Team!!!!

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I thought he was poking fun.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The only thing which we both like is this kid from Arizona.

13. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Too scared to call him an idiot with your original moniker. I guess it's better to create a new one so he doesn't know who it really is. You can't live your scared.

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Here is my take on the whole notion of tracy destroying team ball, bull****. I say that because i watch the team play now, and its no different than when he played in orlando as far as ball movement. He didn't start dominanting the ball until jvg parred down the offense and basically surrounded yao and tracy with guys that probably shouldve been bench fodder. I watched a play the other night when traveor came off a double down screen for a open 17 ft. I can show the same play of tracy in orlando doing the same thing and knocking that shot down. With the lane open and health, i don't see any reason why he wont or cant move off the ball. Of course there will be guys stuck to their opinions and what so ever so it really doesnt matter. Battier will move to the bench and chase time will get cut as well as lowry. I do like cahse alot, but if he was killing like some like to apply, he would be playing 25-30 mins right now vs 17 or so.

15. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I don't know if he's gonna fit into the offense this year. But I do know we need a go-to man. Someone who can make big shots for us at the end of games. That someone is gonna have to be Tracy for now.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hope you don't want to cut both but their PT.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, he does, we don't get the S&T, but he chooses where he wants and bird rights will not be that important because he won't be getting a max contract from where his salary starts anyway...and tons of teams have cap room.

This may be true Lou......walking may indeed be the best for both teams....but the Rockets would not be getting back much value for his bloated contract.

Awesome, another kid without the comprehension level to undertand the depth of a contractual discussion.

WOOHOO !!

DD

#77 DaDakota, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is funny, you know I respect you Leeb, but to say he was not dominating the ball until he got under JVG is disengenious, he had freedom in Orlando and dominated the ball there too.

I know you value his skillset, and you think individual talent is hard to come by, and I agree to an extent, but Tracy has proven over time to add up to less than what his talent promises him to be....and I would not bet much $$$$ on him being healthy for long, would you?

I mean....the dude has been more injury prone these last few years than most, and players with his mileage do not generally miraculously play big minutes and regain their former glory.

He has 11 years on that back, those knees and that is just too much to risk.

Find another sucker who will believe in his talent......

DD

19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I didn't say i hope, i just see history and what it is. Brooks is playing too good and needs his minutes. Right now, adelman gives some of thos 2 guard minutes to lowry and some to chase. When tracy comes back he will eat into both as well as shane and ariz's minutes. If there is 96 minutes in the swing spot, tracy takes 32,trevor 35, thats 67 of 96. How many will shane get then whats left for chase. Go look at how many minutes wafer got when either tracy,shane,or artest was out vs when they were there.

20. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I wouldn't call it trolling when DaDa makes a comment that the majority doesn't like and then gets 10 separate replys to answer. No, that's not trolling, thats sticking to his guns. And as much as I disagree with him (whille my wife agrees with him) on Tracy this year, I love how DaDa battles us. :)

Keep putting up a good fight DD and maybe if you're lucky, we'll all be kowtowing at your feet by Feb. (doubt it, but who knows)