1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Rick Adelman put T-Mac in the starting lineup?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RyanB, Nov 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

I really don't believe some of you guys.

If you don't think Morey is working on or has already worked out a deal to trade McGrady, you are seriously, seriously deluding yourself.

When McGrady comes back, it'll be to the detriment of the team. I'm not hating on the guy, but we'll kill team chemistry for awhile, all to show another team's (which one? don't know) GM and/or owner that he can at least play well enough to ride out the season.

TMac brings his positives---great passing, go-to guy---but only his ego and his wallet are in basketball. When healthy, he's great at it. But he doesn't love it. And that's fine, except when you multiply that by $22,000,000, you have a problem.

If nothing else, McGrady's expiring contract and one or two of our reasonably-priced young talents will net us a player or two that will fit the Rockets long-term.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can only laugh my ass off about this. Sry.
    You sound like an offended brat. He'll cut his heat checks. He'll shoot better. lol.....

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The only problems I have with Tmac is the fact that he is an inefficient volume shooter and those damn heat checks from 3 feet behind the 3 point line.

4. thainfamouspie

With all due respect, I have to disagree with you there, I think Tracy did lead the team in the 07-08 season, and for a couple of reasons. The obvious reason would be because even though we played hella team ball, he was still definitely the main focal point of the offense, which pretty much makes you the ring leader of the bunch. The other reason is, believe it or not, he played on numerous occasions with higher energy than what everyone was used to, from stronger efforts, great defensive plays (ex: the game after Yao went down, one of the first plays was a statement monster block and profane scream on Brendon Haywood lol), great offensive plays (numerous energetic alleys and dunks, especially against the Hornets that year), they all came with a suprisingly spirited attitude. He had a few busts, yeah, and I also think everyone fed off each other's great play, like Rafer catching on fire, Mutombo denying people's existence, Scola and Shane's resilience, etc, etc, but I believe they all benefited greatly from Tracy's surprising passion, which is hilarious to me to think of in itself. So I would say he led the team for those two reasons, I think he deserves that respect that year.

As for what's important, which is this year, call me crazy, but I believe if you basically replace Ariza with Tracy, we would actually be better off. They both look to be the same type of player seemingly, Ariza seems to be every bit the "ball-stopper" that people want to label Tracy (which I personally don't think either are, but hey, we like labels), except Ariza still doesn't know how to really be one of the main guys yet. The majority of his decision-making and shot selection is pretty poor to me, and his defense seems to be a little overrated too. So with the way we are playing now, if Tracy comes back strong and can adapt to the system the way he did in 07-08, it can show that his style of play can be conducive to winning games. In my opinion, of course. ;)

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

tha black knight? :D

6. T-mac&Yao=RING

I think he'll come off the bech when and if he comes back just to get in shape. After that if he's playing well I think RA will put him in the starting line up.

7. durvasa

durvasa Member

It happened as I described. Their offense collapsed twice against New Orleans and Philadelphia, at home. Yao and Scola was on the floor during those offensive collapses. Can't blame that on Chuck. Can't blame that on McGrady.

McGrady returns, and they win 4 games in a row. He plays a big role in a few of those games late (he's a closer). Yao misses the Utah game, replaced by Scola, and the Rockets lose due to poor defense in the 4th (the offense was fine). Next game, McGrady is out, Yao comes back (replacing Chuck), and the Rockets beat the Warriors. McGrady is back after that, and they continue to win 21 more in a row including the last 10 without Yao.

Given that history, I don't understand the argument that McGrady is incompatible with good chemistry, good ball movement, and scrappy team play.

8. thainfamouspie

Meh, close enough ;)

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

(edit) ....yeah, you swing from hope, I swing from reality and history.

Good luck with that.

DD

10. thainfamouspie

Great post. Couldn't agree with you more.

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Scola was not starting IIRC....when he was inserted in the starting lineup, they took off...that is what I was saying.

Agree with your history of Yao and Mac, but at one point they were both out and Adelman begin asserting his offense.

DD

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol. He's not the youngest anymore. What do you have to lose? He'll walk away as you mentioned. Then, let him walk. What? We did not get anyone in return? Who cares? We've still got Yao. :) Whom you will eventually turn your criticism to.

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

What are you like 13?

Do you not understand how bad it would be for the franchise to let his contract walk?

Do you not understand that letting it expire does not mean we have that much in cap space available?

Meh, talking about this with you is a waste of time, you clearly don't have the depth necessary to understand the consequences.

DD

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then fill me in on what how much we would have in that scenario?

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Go read Bima's thread, and figure it out yourself.....

DD

16. joesr

joesr Member

Lead? Why the hell does everyone keep thinking he lead? He was part of. Honestly I dont think he was even the main part.

HE WAS PART OF THE 22 GAME WINNING STREAK.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

McGrady isn't going anywhere...

Who is to start? It will change depending on who plays better. Essentially it's up to McGrady whether we wants to come back and play ball the way Rick and Morey want him to. It's a contract year to so don't expect him to sit there all season.

Battier/Ariza
    Chuck/???
    Luis/Landry
    McGrady/Budinger
    Brooks/Lowry

It's probably a lot harder to prepare for this team knowing they could hit you with many effective line ups...

This team is depth.

18. joesr

joesr Member

No proof with out linkz!

Im kidding, just getting irritated with how many times that link has to be referenced.

READ READ READ.

With all due respect, Clutch should make that thread a sticky. Then when people still are like "uh dum dee dum?" Demote!

Also if Tmac walks, doesnt he lose his bird rights? That is kinda harsh.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Member

You're dellusional.

Having opinions is one thing, no matter how lopsided they are. But talking down to people because they don't agree with one of your questionable beliefs is downright stupid.

You have zero idea how the organization values McGrady or anyone else, it is pure speculation for us all. Trying to tout all your conclusions as fact and then berating people for not agreeing with you adds nothing to this board.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

:confused: Don't you hand these things to Morey? I mean we could bother.