1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Rick Adelman put T-Mac in the starting lineup?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RyanB, Nov 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

He was coming off injury ??? wtf are you talking about. If you remember correctly Yao ming was the one that got injured and he put the team on his back the rest of the year got into the playoffs and played very well against Utah....and ended up i believe 4th in MVP voting ???? I never knew a guy who is top 5 in mvp voting isn't condusive to winning LOL LOL LOL

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Are you gonna say trade T-Mac in every post you make? Wait for the man to come back and then we will see. Yes you like Chase and he is doing great. Yes this is a good year for our young guys to develop but we (fans) and the Rockets want to win ASAP (T-Mac is prob the key). As for the question and DD, T-Mac will come off the bench at first and then he will have to fight for the starting position. He looks hungry and determined to come back so hold all of your cons about him till he is on the court.

3. conquistador#11

I wish Tracy would embrace the manu role, coming off the bench with the intention to kill but still playing a lot of minutes. I think he could do it. TEAM FIRST.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To be fair he had some knee problems and his shoulder was hurtin'.
    http://www.t-mac.com/tmac/blogDetail/101

5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

DD, I don't care what you think of McGrady, your defining him of LAST YEAR, so once if he comes back HEALTHY, i can guarantee you he won't be messing up with our team, we will only get better.

6. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

Wow GTFO

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The 04-05 season and he played every playoff series but one last year.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He's always injured.

He didn't break the 30 point mark once last yeat, shot 50% for a game and avgd in the high 30% for the season. He is a highly inefficient volume shooter. In rick's offense there is no need for that. We don't have ONE guy that scores 20ppg, but we have around 2 diff players almost every game that do.

I love tmac but don't give me the injury excuse...there's always something. Same goes for Yao

9. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I'm sorry to be so sadistic, but why do people keep bringing up a healthy tmac? That is an oxymoron, and I bet i would get tons of negative rep if that was allowed for saying it, but tmac isn't capable of sustaining 18+ppg on efficient shooting. And by efficient I mean 45+%. I hope we hang on to his expiring and add a key big man next year and treat the whole situation as if we never had Yao Ming on the team so we can hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

10. kenwonobi

kenwonobi Member

Bench. He will disrupt chemistry and take games for players and himself to get used to. Causing us losses in between. He start off coming off the bench consisting of him, Landry, Andersen, Lowry, and Budinger. Thats a great team all its own that could make the playoffs and bumps us up to a 10 point lead whenever the other teams reserves comes in. We start off however as we have in the past few games then let the game play the hot hands out in the game and Adelman decide who is going good or not on each night from minute to minute. He is a great coach and could figure it out from there.

11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Yea because he is always lazy and people bring up the whole T-Mac always shows up for the playoffs. The team is adjust to a diff style and he ends up jacking up 20+ shots a game to gain a high avg and disrupts the whole continuity of the offense. Rick Adelman is a genius, and he is way too loyal to his players, and i like that because it helps build their confidence like AB. But guys like T-Mac take advantage of that.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There will be no excuses because it could be the final curtain call for both.
    The team has moved on. I agree. All I am saying he's a bad stretch of 30 what games year but you cannot project that on his entire career in a Houston uniform.

13. crash5179

crash5179 Member

right now the Rockets are playing better team and have better ball movement than at any time during TMacs time on the team. This is not going unnoticed by anyone including Morey and RA. Personally it would not supprise me to see TMac get the Steve Francis treatment when he gets back..."sit your but on the bench until someone plays their way out of the rotation and you prove you can contribute as a team player and not MeMac." I assume RA will try to get him situational minutes but I doubt he will fill pressured to screw up team chemistry just get TMac in the game. So much depends on things in practice that we just can not see but I trust RA and Morey.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

When is he not coming off of injury?

And Yao got injured after 12 games of the streak........Yao's last 16 games that year the Rockets were 16-0.....

Tracy and Yao both went out, Adelman said SCREW IT, we are running my offense and inserted Scola, and the team took off.

DD

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Like you know how he played because he played that much for Rick the Ruler?
    35 games last year and 66 games the year before.

16. durvasa

durvasa Member

That 16-0 streak Yao had coincided with McGrady returning to the team, not Scola's insertion into the starting lineup. In particular, the Rockets offense collapsed twice, at home, in consecutive games before McGrady's return. Yes, Scola was playing during those collapses. I guess Adelman's offense didn't work until McGrady's return. Ironic.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His first year he played 78 games and in JVG's final year he played 71.
    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tracy_mcgrady/career_stats.html

And his career shooting pct. is 0.436 and 0.339 from three, more than you have put out.

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I recall it differently, they were struggling, then inserted Scola into the starting lineup and took off.

DD

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I said his ROCKET'S CAREER !!!!

And I posted a link....

Bringing up Orlando or early in his career is silly.

He is nowhere near that athletic or attacking the basket with the same abandon.

It is amazing the stuff people will make up to make him look good.....I mean honestly.....ignoring facts.

Very strange.

DD

20. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

Call me crazy or just a homer, but I have been very excited about this team. This a very fun team to watch & I expect them to be a playoff team & more. Everybody has this belief that you need 2 or 3 superstars to win a title, but this team just defies the odds. I do believe they need a little more help & T-Mac just may be the answer. What other choice do we have?

Let's hope that McGrady can return to form and help this team. He knows that they have a great chemistry and he must mold his game to make this team better. IMO, I think he will and I'm pulling for him. My loyalty remains with him, but if he doesn't fit in, then there's always a late season trade and the possibility of upgrading this team. Looking back at the 22 game streak and those past playoffs, you can't tell me that T-Mac doesn't want to win.