1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Rick Adelman put T-Mac in the starting lineup?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RyanB, Nov 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RyanB

RyanB Member

The Rox are playing extremely well, and sincerely i see no less than getting a spot in the playoffs
    If T-Mac stays, do you think he'll come off the bench or be a starter?

2. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

your on a roll budy

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He'll come off the bench for a week or so, then he'll start.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think not right away, but I expect him to start some, and then trade him.

I also expect the team to slow down to compensate for him and to struggle with developing chemistry.

I expect Tmac to try to prove he is back to the detriment of the team oriented approach this group has going right now.

DD

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

kinda selfish. As a fan one should hope he'll fit in and make the team better, take it to the next level.

6. DaDakota

LOL - how is it selfish by saying he will do what he has done throughout his career?

You can hope all you want.....and I admire that.....but history tends to repeat itself.

DD

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Because you'd never wish somebody do bad when they're down. To me he proved what he can do within the offense. Dun tell me about his efficiency when he's injured. The man played well during the streak. Period. If a streak would repeat itself, I'd take it.

8. DaDakota

The man is a HIGH VOLUME - LOW PERCENTAGE making player....and I am not talking about last year at all, throw that year out if you like.

This is a team, there are not 25 shots for one player in this offense.....

Do you honestly think Tmac would be happy just playing a role?

Better yet, ask yourself this question.

Would the Rockets be happy with 42% FG, and 32% 3pt FG........when they have more efficient players who play defense and happily run the floor on the bench?

I think not...

DD

#8 DaDakota, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  9. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Take away McGrady's bail out shots, his FG% is at worst 44% which is pretty solid.

10. daernoth

daernoth Member

My hope is that he will come off the bench at first. Last year however Adelman just refused to use such a sensible strategy and kept inserting him in the starting lineup right away.

In other words... there is no telling what Adelman will do. Let's hope he has learned his lesson and takes it slow this time.

11. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

History suggest you could very well be right.

But look at it from his standpoint now, and after what he's been witnessing on the court. He knows he hurt the team last year. He knows that the team knows he hurt them. The staff knows all this too.

He knows this is a completely different team. So does the team and coaches. I'm sure he's wondering himself (and Yao for that matter) where and how he's going to fit in this version of the Rockets.

So, I just can't believe Tracy, the team and coaches will allow last year's Tracy to come back, especially to the detriment of the team.

Once in awhile we need someone/something to knock some sense into us. Whether it be associates, mentors or, and the one I'm favoring, age. I betting he has learned a thing or two in the past 1/2 year. More importantly the past 5 games.

So while you continue to knock him, I, for one, am hoping against hope that I'm right and he'll slowly slide into position without a hiccup and take us to the promise land.

Yes, I know this is your hope too as a Rocket fan. So maybe you can buy me a beer the day after thanksgiving when I pass through your town and we can discuss Tracy and HOW IN THE HELL TO GET THROUGH AUSTIN WITHOUT HITTING TRAFFIC. :D

12. DaDakota

HUH? What does that even mean?

Take away Brooks turnovers and he is perfect...I mean that is LOL funny.

For reference, here are his CAREER numbers here in Houston.

Link to Tmac's stats

FG - 42%
    3pt - 32%
    APG 5.76
    TPG 2.59
    A to T 2.22-1
    23.25 PPG
    1.15 points per shot

Not exactly all that great in truth.

DD

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol. You cannot just take his overall career stats. I mean his rookie season and Orlando seasons do not count.
    You'd better take the Houstonian Mac stats when he was healthy.

14. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

You don't want a player that when healthy those years was top 5 for mvp voting ? You dont want a guy who when healthy can make plays in the last minute of the game and also create opportunities for his teamates ? Sure he isn't the best shooter and he takes some ill advised shots, but if the guy is healthy......he is an absolute beast. Why you have so much hate for the guy i dont understand. Remember when he lead the team to a record 21 game winning streak ? Cmon man get a grip........if he is healthy, 22 points a game and 5 assists.........pretty good if u ask me.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Of course you take him even with this numbers although you count in the deflated numbers in his careers.
    He is hands down the best ball handler (We all saw what Brooks and Ariza, and Lowry partly did, it was a TO festival out there. Lowry could not make a valid bounce pass to Landry), an above average to good defender when he puts his mind into it, and the best court vision. plus his BBall IQ.

I take the good with the bad. Our young players are good but not that good. They shoot the ball well, but we had 18-19 TO a game. That will not go away so easily.

16. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

What do you mean not great ???? LOL what do you want from the guy ?? 2/1 assist to turnover ratio for a small forward, 23 points a game........what do u want from the guy ????

17. DaDakota

Hate? It is not hate to want what is best for the franchise overall, it is common sense, which apparently is not all that common.

And Tracy did not LEAD the team during that 22 game winning streak, he was coming off injury the team was rolling and he started filling his role, in fact he had some pretty danged horrendous games during that streak...

Let's not sugar coat things because we like him as a player.

I want what is best for the team, nothing more....and I think Tmac's contract and the way he plays is not conducive to winning - he needs to move on, for the good of the Rockets and himself.

DD

18. deshen

deshen Member

lol, his stats as a rockets is worse.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't want no turnovers!!!!! Who is with me? Don't care much about the shooting pct when you got Chase to spell him minutes.
    Tmac is an awesome dribbler.

20. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Which years was t-mac healthy?