1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Republicans lead an anti-vax movement?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by durvasa, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Is Perry on the board of the company that had the meningitis vaccine patent?

cheke64 likes this.
  2. SuraGotMadHops

Pro-voluntary vax does not equal anti-vax. Take TX for example, Abbott is vaccinated and encourages people publicly to get vaccinated, he always says "always voluntary, never required."

Just for the record, I dont really like Abbott, he does some things I agree with, and a lot of things I don't. I do agree with his approach to vaccines though.

I run with a lot of fellow conservatives, ALOT, they are all vaxed.

I am already waiting for the statistically skewed poll that someone is going to post that shows only republican voters don't get vaxed in 3...2...1....

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If you don’t think there’s a connection between all the politicians claiming to just be “pro-voluntary vaccines” and the millions out there spreading misinformation that the vaccines are harmful or ineffective, you really aren’t paying attention.

If you keep drilling into people’s minds this message of “These bad powerful people really, really insist on you getting this vaccine, but you should stand up to them and exercise your freedom” — guess what happens? A large portion of them become anti-vax, and that’s exactly what we’re seeing.

It turns out that appealing to people’s political identity is a much more effective way of turning them against vaccines than making up crap about autism.

4. HardenVolumeOne

I know a lot of registered Democrats as well who aren’t ok with forced mandates. I mean just looking at the data you can see low vaccination rates among Asian, Hispanics and African Americans.. are those not the Democrats main base

a lot of people from my church are asking the same thing. Since when has the government given Americans let alone African Americans anything in this country FREE. Everything we got in this country our ancestors have pretty much had to fight for

and then you have history with the smallpox of the native Americans and the Tuskegee expierment for African Americans.

5. edwardc

edwardc Member

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Idk. I keep seeing republican councilmen/media personalities die that were pushing anti-vax memes all over their platforms. One from my zipcode. Haven’t seen that from people in power on the left.

7. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

The anti vaccination movement is one of the most frustrating things in today's society, and it just p***es me off to no end that it is integrated into politics. I don't know how we got here, but life is worse for everyone because of it.

superfob, MadMax, DaDakota and 2 others like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Gee, if only there was a way to measure the vaccination rates of locations where the political leadership require vaccinations versus those that don't require vaccinations...

https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...entage-of-population-vaccinated-march-15.html

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/vaccine-tracker

Oh yea... you'd simply claim it was "statistically skewed..."

IBTL and Rashmon like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

I believe one of these two statements.

Andre0087 likes this.
  10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Who or what is Alot? Is he friends with Alittle?

[​IMG]

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Abbott promoted Regeneron. You know he has stocks in that.

Why isn't Moderna approved yet? Let the politicians in the Pfizer stick rich.

12. Buck Turgidson

Hell, he didn't just promote it, when he got COVID he took it.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

They submitted for approval about 1M after Pfizer. Should be soon.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I wish this were true, but I haven't seen any data on it.

15. edwardc

edwardc Member

Haven't seen any data on it either just thought it was funny.

mdrowe00 and B-Bob like this.
  16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He's not anti-vax, he's anti-public health.

There are some things we can only accomplish with coordinated cooperative action. Americans and especially conservatives are highly committed to individualism though. Individualism has its virtues, but when stakes are high and cooperation is required, it really gets in the way. And Abbott really lets it get in the way, coming down on the side of individualism even where it is clear that it'll make a coherent response impossible and the lack of clear direction will cost lives and dollars. It's really poor leadership to be faced with a crisis and say, 'well, everyone just save yourselves whatever way feels right.'

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Probably why the state of Texas is doing so poorly fighting COVID-19...

18. adoo

adoo Member

in practice, they do so on a selective basis,

they arbitrarily dismiss freedom, and the right to chose, as it relates to reproductive rights.​

IBTL and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The trump vaccine should not be mandated but everyone should strongly consider taking it. It didnt even hurt. A little soreness but whatever.

FranchiseBlade and JuanValdez like this.
  20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

If there were a "dip$hit vaccine" that could cure the lingering scourge of the prior president, you should take it.

vlaurelio and Astrodome like this.