1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Republicans lead an anti-vax movement?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by durvasa, Dec 2, 2020.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

2. edwardc

edwardc Member

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Have to say i like the screenshot of Cucker Tarlson talking, with "no scientific basis" as an accurate label for him.

5. lpbman

lpbman Member

Not adding much to the discussion here... but anti-vax Vizzini is too perfect.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I counter your youtube with youtube. Really great explanation on this issue that you brought up.

FranchiseBlade, B-Bob and Amiga like this.
  7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Funny except for the fact that both cups had poison.... not covid. Silly. Also why is it that BLM protesters are anti vax? Oh I remember. It isn't about political wings at all. Still nice video. The left usually cant meme.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That's a 2 hr video to explain things in very good detail. Twitter is 128 characters. Meme is a picture. There is no competition when it comes to misinformation vs good understanding. It takes a few seconds to misinform you. It takes hours to correct that, assuming you are open to learning and willing to listen. AntiVax messages win easily in a general atmosphere of mistrust toward real experts.

Kim, FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.
  9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Notable Republicans andrew wiggins, kyrie Irving and nicki Minaj are leading a misinformation campaign that could result in vaccine hesitancy within black republican groups with already low numbers.

dachuda86 and Andre0087 like this.
  10. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

LOL...

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Most end users are consumers, not spreaders.

There are many reasons for vaccine hesitancy but if we focus on two of the biggest reasons - misinformation and lack of trust in institutions (such as the CDC) and real experts, only a few are mostly responsible for starting and sustaining those trends. Some Republican leaders fall into that group. Many right-wing media fall into that group as well. And yes, some celebrities also fall into that group.

12. SamFisher

@Supermac34 @Astrodome sorry the racism didn't work out, put that in your horse paste

#192 SamFisher, Sep 28, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    durvasa and gifford1967 like this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Here’s what I’m seeing. Trumper pro-plague anti-vax and anti-mask idiots are taking this to a new level and not trusting any medical advice. The guy who refused rabies treatment who died last week. I’ve heard guys I know say ‘I just don’t trust doctors any more’. People holding weekly protests at hospitals, for ****s sake.

This is getting far out of hand. I mean, it’s straight Darwin Award time but it’s going to cost society to try to save these morans from their own idiocy.

apollo33 and SamFisher like this.
  14. SamFisher

You have antivax sociopaths like @CVcrew and @Possum trying to cover up for their cowardice by importing sheep dewormer home remedies into the basketball forums - it's out of hand

cheke64 likes this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wait, wait. Please tell me rabies guy made some shareable content before passing on.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That’s pretty crazy

17. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

This thread is a trap. If I wanted to read up on this libtard crap I’d watch FNN. Tucker gives it to you straight and you still refuse to see it. You catch the one about the “dewormer”? That’s right, Merck is going to rebrand it and sell it to you at $700 a pill. But you still think it’s not about the money. Jumping off the Titanic now… thank us later after we protected you from your cowardice and saved your liberties.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Tucker Carlson, the one who informs is about the plight of white genocide?

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Lol…this has to be a troll account. Thanks for the laugh.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member