1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will people discount Harden's performance because of the crotch kick?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I was thinking Harden handles the ball better than anyone I've ever seen, but it's not unprecedented. A little history for fun:

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
    The 7-year-old just asked me who invented the Killer Crossover. Man, you forget how ridiculous Tim Hardaway was:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x08xxlOJQzk

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Lebron SUCKS!!!...:eek:
    I have nothing else to say.

GO ROCKETS!!!

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Since it's quite obvious that Lebron pushed Harden down first, and no call was given, it was understandable why Harden retaliated. Hubie Brown was very clear on that point.

I expect a fine, but I would be surprised with a suspension.

The most important point was that Harden had the will and confidence to win the game for us. He wasn't going to let Lebron emerge as the victor.

4. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Seriously? This is pathetic.

5. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

If it was anyone else then this wouldn't be a topic. If this was James Jones, ESPN would make fun of it and that's it.

But since LeBron is involved and he is passive aggressively telling the NBA to review this and punish Harden, anything is possible. I think a suspension is possible but not probable, but you never know.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

To be honest Harden shouldn't have done it. It was below the belt and you know the media will make a bigger issue out of this and it will definitely have an impact on his MVP campaign, unfortunately.

Steph Curry is already the golden boy of the NBA and James Harden the "bad guy", the "fake superstar", the not "role model".

NBA is soft these days. Jordan got away with lots of thugerry but still won MVP's well because he was Jordan. No way Harden is treated the same way.

7. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

It WAS below the belt, good catch ;):p

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If a tree falls in the woods crushing everyone so no one lives to hear it, does it make a sound?

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The fact that Rox were not team of the week on NBA TV is the snub..

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That soft, defensive leg thrust (which LBJ played up on and off the court) just gained him a lot more fans. There is obviously a large contingent of folks that don't like Lebron ....and you can bet, they loved it. Right or wrong, it is what it is. Beard was getting mugged, in a prone position.

ESPN is already playing up the rivalry...

Yeah, that game not only had playoff intensity, but was played the way games were when the NBA was at it's best.

As to the MVP...I really believe it's his.

#70 Plowman, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thank you. People should watch the replay a few times. Heck, I've already watched the game twice. James, all 260 pounds (at least) of him, shoved Harden to the floor with his left arm. That's when Harden kicked out at James. It was a "Get the **** off me!" kick. I don't think Harden cared where he was kicking, he just wanted James off of him. And I don't blame the guy. I'm just surprised that another couple of Cavs didn't pile on, like they did with Bev.

12. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

The media went crazy on Harden after this game.. Everybody hating on him calling him a dirty player and the biggest Flopper in the NBA. On top of that, nobody thinks we are the real winners because Cavs would have won if they made there FT's.

Just a really *****y time for Rockets.. Why us?

13. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Follow up question: Will the suspension hurt Harden's chances at MVP? Yes, I know it sounds ridiculous but look at this from an objective viewpoint. People are treating this like it's the end of the world and not even talking about his play.