1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will MoT Be Moved Before The Trade Deadline?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shawn786, Feb 8, 2005.

?

Will MoT be moved before the deadline?

1. Yes

245 vote(s)
    63.3%
  2. No

142 vote(s)
    36.7%
  1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I'm not either.

2. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

yea but CD said he would draft him.. and stabbed him in the back.

3. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

yeah but not 3 times like we did, and hes a hometown kid.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

4. Cato's bad contract

I wish we were still paying that 'bad' contract. I'd trade MoT for Cato with no problem. Cato was a good fit with Yao. Also I voted yes. I have no reason other than this is too weird to be anything but a trade. There is no way he would go on the IR for the flu.

5. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Well this happiens all the time in the NBA. Though this time it was kind of different... He was from Houston and grew up here loving this area and the people. It was pretty clear he wanted to be drafted by the Rox BUT it didnt happien. As hard as that is to belive not just you but WE have to accept the truth and move on with our lives!

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Taylor in some kind of deal for Brian Grant or for Derek Anderson both work for me.

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

You could be right. But isn't Deke still getting paid by NJ and their buyout even though he is gettin paid by us as well?

So if we bought MoT out and another team picked him up, are we still entitled to our end? I think we are.

8. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

Of course he will be moved, there are Knicks players with similar contracts, that are playing like crap, and are like ten years older than Mo. Just the type of guys JVG is looking for.

9. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

Dale Davis is old. Of course we would have to throw in Reece.

10. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

How is that strengthening any WC team if he can't even start/play here? :rolleyes:

11. HoustonForever

I hope not. I like Mo Taylor.

12. shawn786

shawn786 Member

HAHA Im sorry but that crackkked me up! HAHAHA :D

You can't be seriuse!

13. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

Dude i like Mo too, i hope he doesn't get traded cuz he can turn his season around.

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

I continue to have almost zero confidence in the Rocket's management. They have a deplorable record of stupid drafts, dumb deals, and bloated contracts. With notable exceptions like TMac and Ming, history is not in their favor. I am just hopeful they don't sign Strickland to a multi-year deal. There is every reason to have limited expectations when it come to the remote possibility that they will make an intelligent decision.

15. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can't see it.

I think they'll try, but balk at the price.

Charlotte didn't want him. We have to exchange trash for trash to make it go. Someone come up with a list of guys other teams are desperate to dump. That's our list.

16. Rocketman15

Rocketman15 Member

Thats exactly what the Rockets need more geriatric leadership because we dont have enough already. No one wants Mo taylor and even if they do getting Dale Davis isnt the good move.If we could get a 1st round draft pick from Boston that would be great or from New jersey.

We already have our rotation anyway:
    PG:Bob Sura- So underrated guy is the glue on the team
    SG: David Wesley- When hitting shots from the arc he fills role perfectly
    SF:T-MAC Nuff said
    PF:Howard- Could use upgrade in rebounding department off the bench like a Sweetney type player good trade for rockets to get him but prob. would be hard to do under cap
    C:Yao- Not his best year,and hoped he'd be further along but 18-8 everynight is still better than every other Center but Shaq
    Bench:
    G- Jon Barry shooting it well recently went to the game in Philly him, Wesley, and T-mac filling it up might have been the best offensive Rox game all year
    F-Scott Padgett playing very well aswell off the bench
    C- Mutumbo who is like 80 still puts in quality time behind Yao
    G-Strickland- Vet has seen it all if keeps A-T ratio up solid backup
    and..this is where the player we trade for Taylor goes 12-15 min a night with help rebounding so centers dont have to get them all. Btw Weatherspoon is the guy who should get more time in the backup PF role he rebouds and hustles too make upfor his lack of size.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Maloney was a buy-out.

I don't think a buy-out has any effect at all on the cap-hit. It only affects the team's (and the player's) coffers. The competitiveness of the team has nothing to gain from buying Mo out besides opening an extra slot on the IR. They do have something to gain in keeping him -- a long shot at him working his way back onto the team and having his contract available a couple years from now to trade to someone looking to reduce payroll. But, I don't think the team is yet contemplating having him on the IR for the next couple of years. If they were, Mo would probably challenge his injured status to force the team's hand. That he's going along with them is a good sign about relations between them.

As for a trade, forget it. Stranger things have happened, but still don't count on it.

18. franchise?..NOT

Nothing is impossible. There is and Isaiah, errrrrr sucker born every minute. I just hope the Rox don't panic and give up anything just to get rid of the guy. I doubt they will since they would not pull the trigger on the PJ Brown deal.

19. DanTanna

DanTanna Contributing Member

Are we still paying:

1. Matt Moloney
    2. Bryce Drew
    3. Don McClean
    4. Tracy Augmam
    5. Misad Turkan
    6. Chuck Nevit

20. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

Are you getting paid to see any meltdowns coming? That's CD's f---ing job. Most teams that draft teenagers surround them with counselors, advisors, babysitters, whatever you want to call them and generally check on them and take care of them. Obviously, with Eddie's tough background, the stupid moron should have looked after the kid. The Rockets invested 3 picks to get him, the least he could do is move his fat behind and see how the kid's doing. Obviously Eddie's not a terrible kid, he's back on the right track, it just that the Rockets screwed themselves...