1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Morey and the Rockets Finally Land That Star FA This Off-Season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, May 23, 2013.

?

I am truly convinced that..

1. Dwight Howard will eventually sign with Houston this off-season.

88 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. Dwight Howard will stay with the Lakers.

68 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

With all these Dwight rumors/reports surfacing, how confident or convinced are you that he just might leave Hollywood and the Lakers to sign with the Rockets and team up with the beard?

2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Interesting to see how the majority thinks about this as of today. I think Rockets fans will still be divided on this. I've seen people who are 100% confident that Howard is Houston-bound and also spoke to some who still think that he won't leave LA and is just using us as leverage and what not.

You can just simply vote on the poll. Thanks

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not to be nitpicky but we probably could have just added a poll to one of the other threads, or maybe we need to just compile one large Dwight Howard to Houston potentially giant thread. I dunno.

I think history shows us that its far more likely he re signs in LA. The probabilities should favor past history.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dwight Howard will stay with the Lakers.

5. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

This.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Dwight Howard will stay with the Lakers.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B_wGI3_sGf8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:)

7. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Or you can just simply vote. Just want to see how divided or united our fans are based on voting. Better than placing bets and gambling your money i guess. Have several friends who actually placed huge wagers regarding this.

8. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I actually think if he doesn't sign with L.A. he will get out of the west and go back to the eastern conference where it's nice and soft like him...

9. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I honestly don't know.

People argue that he loves having a glamourous lifestyle, being loved by everyone, etc... But that was the casa for him in Orlando. He still decided to leave because he probably felt that the management couldn't put a winning roster around him.

I'm not sure how his opinion on having an extra guaranteed year has changed over the season. He could've put himself in an great situation without all of this headache if he just opted out of his contract and signed with Brooklyn on a 4 year deal instead of 5.

Houston isn't glamorous and they can't give him that extra year, but they offer him his best chance at winning a ring. I think if D'Antoni is fired and replaced with a Stan Van Gundy level coach, he will stay.

10. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Not quite the same. There's a world of difference between going to Disney World with mickey mouse and screaming children vs. pool parties with Hollywood celebrities vs. looking at oil refineries in Texas instead of the beaches of California.

Houston probably gives him the better chance of winning, but I still think he stays in LA.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I honestly, think so.

12. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

TWO MAX NO TAX

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

He will either stay or go somewhere else. I hate the tease. It's a diversion and waste of time and energy. Keep the team together and bring in an All Star PF.

14. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Trust the Zen Master's word, "There is NO REASON for Dwight Howard to return to the Lakers"

Howard's people said he will go to the team with the best system, staff, and fit for him, a team that can win...

Best System check

Best Staff Morey, McHale, say no more

Best fit Harden PnR, all nite baby

Best chance for winning, you betcha!

Come to Houston baby!

TWO MAX NO TAX

15. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

That "Two max-No Tax" slogan is pretty catchy. Good job.

16. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Its not happening man. It simply feels too good to be true. More likely than not, the Rockets are being used as leverage so Dwight can get what he wants.

I hope I'm wrong on this, but I doubt it.

17. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I can't claim that slogan.

I believe it comes directly from Howard's inner circle.

18. basketballholic

Does everyone realize that the ONLY REASON we are discussing the possibility of Dwight to the Rockets is because Jim Buss and Jeanie Buss can't work together?

19. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Really?

I thought its because Howard wants to win and doesn't see that with a kobe-less old team that's falling apart and will be rebuilding in the prime years of his career. Plus he doesn't like the coach and his system. Houston on the other hand...

And I've watched about 6 Phil Jackson book promo interviews today. Trust me, he ain't coaching again. Certainly won't be accepting a coaching job before July 10th!

20. coffeelover665

Yup when their father died, the franchise dies with him. He is after all the reason why the laker have been so glamorous. His children are like any other owner now