1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Military members and families vote for Trump?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rileydog, Jun 7, 2020.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

A complete manipulator. That's his talent. And he knows how to wield the power of those that are loyal to him as the GOP has demonstrated time and time again.

I've never seen a president have such total control of his party that its a surprise when one gets out of line.

Yep, people should take him seriously. He's an idiot when it comes to general knowledge but he knows how to work people.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What’s the Malcolm Gladwell rule of 1000 hours or however long if you repeat something you become an expert? Trump has been doing what he does all his life and he’s damn good at it just by having so much experience being a con artist and manipulative son of a b$tch all his life.

Nook, mdrowe00, deb4rockets and 2 others like this.
  3. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Trump is a craven man with no virtue or principles. BUT he is a very skilled manipulator. The ridiculous things he says are intentional - he has sucked in the republican establishment and a large base of voters. He said crazy crap during the republican primary and got the nomination. He did the same during the election, and “won”. He continued it every day of his ridiculous presidency, and they all followed. With each lie that they enabled, supported and condoned, he upped the ante with another. And another. And another. And now, haven’t they come too far to denounce anything he does? They’re all in, whether they like it or not.

Does anyone like to admit they were wrong? Especially when doing so inures to the benefit of the “lefties”?

Confirmation bias builds with lie upon lie. At that point, their minds are almost unable to process information that is anti Trump.

What choice do they now have?

- Option 1: Admit I was wrong in supporting trump, benefit the lefties, and have to suffer four to eight more years of lefty rule?

- Option 2: Just keep going with it, the ends justifies the means anyway, and even if Trump is morally bankrupt, I’d rather four more years of that than have to admit I was wrong. Besides, the problems caused by trump and his policies hurt “those people”, not me. And while he might be a racist pig ... well, it doesn’t hurt me and hey, look at my economic prosperity. I know that’s not fair or right, but well, the ends justifies the means and I’m a victim of liberal pile on and media lies every day, so doesn’t it really even out?

This is the trap that Trump has laid and a crap ton of people are ensnared. North of 45% of America will still vote for him, because they choose option 2. That’s the state of this country.

It remains to be seen whether the covid situation, the George Floyd murder, whether those things sufficiently strike at the heart of people to dislodge themselves from option 2. The emotion and protests are good, for today. November is an eternity away. Do not underestimate the trap that trump has laid.

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

This is fascinating stuff.
    If im following you are saying the house could decide and that means biden?
    Pelosi would risk house right since senate is republican. What are the triggers of each?

Having pence as puppet sounds strange with trump pulling strings. It sounds good but i think even pence would mute trump if he was president and the repugs would already be grooming their next guy.

Its all of nothing for trump and when would the one vote each state thing come? With the house? You say the states are repug but what is the number? We know of course like you say tx and fl but I would question on that how many blues for biden? Might be a fair number.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Lol. How comes every time when I hear those supposed Trump’s lies, I just feel silly like he’s entertaining me. When I heard Obama’s supposed lies, I felt fear and panic like he’s about to ream me with another tax or regulation to make my life, my practice harder than it was then.

6. generalthade_03

What if the Orange man is right? What if he’s right about lots of things that you think he’s wrong or screwing up. Hmmm....Something to think about Isn’t it?

B@ffled likes this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Here's an explanation below that is probably better than mine.

To your question yes this provision would be a House vote on Biden vs Trump. And based on the way things work, the House holds the power to vote at any time before the 4th of March for this vote, but the Dems would lose the vote because each state only has one vote which puts Republicans in the majority on a single state vote. Which is why Pelosi wouldn't put this vote on the House floor.

What I'm unclear on is if Republicans can force a vote, or who could force Pelosi to vote prior to March 4th 2021. My guess is the Supreme Court would be asked to weigh in by the Republicans. If Pelosi refuses, and it gets to March 4th, that's when the Senate has the constitutional power to act, and make Pence president.

https://buzzflash.com/articles/wors...lar-and-electoral-vote-thom-hartmann-explains

I was wrong too about precedent. I would likely be the election of 1876 which would be invoked by the Republicans if this went to the Supreme Court to mediate a path forward on the vote.

This also explains why winning back the Senate is so important in November for many reasons.

#67 dobro1229, Jun 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    JayGoogle and RayRay10 like this.
  8. IVFL

IVFL Member

I think that maybe your bias is being realized. Honestly, its good that you are recognizing that bias. When a person from one party says something your hackles go up instantly and you start to attach all this bad to it. When a person from the other party says 8 times the amount of lies you play it off as nothing big. Just think about that, seriously think about that. I mean as a person that does not know you, I think this was a statement that was telling about how you view the political world. We are 3 years removed from Obama, how many of those fears about him came true. I mean really true.

The Republican party has done a great job of selling fear and how they saved their constituents from the evils of Obama, yet what they really did was nothing. That shows because when they had the ability to do something the only thing they got through was a crappy tax program that benefited the uber-wealthy. NOTHING ELSE WAS DONE. Why? Because they were just so used to doing nothing it came naturally when they were in power. The deficit, hard pass. 2nd Amendment bills, nada. Real immigration legislation, zip. It feels like the republicans have bought into the idea that doing nothing is accomplishing something. Much like people on Facebook that think complaining is an accomplishment. Lots of complainers in the Republican party, none too many doers of deeds.

RayRay10 and JayGoogle like this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think you just answered your own question. Maybe for you the tax regulation fear is what causes fear and panic. Trump's tax laws only benefit those who need the money the least to get by.

I didn't see any raise in my military retirement after Trump took office compared to when Obama was in office. The rich got a whole lot richer though.

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  10. generalthade_03

I was not bought in by parties, I look at candidates only. If you followed 2016, the Dems weren’t Trump’s biggest enemy, the Republican establishments was. Remember the term “ Never Trumpers”? Trump was a Democrat before and everyone on your side of the aisle loved him back then. The moment he declared his candidacy, he became Hitler overnight, everyone hated him and most of all the Republican establishments. What are you talking about 3 years removed from Obama’s lies? We’re still paying for his lies every single day, there are too numerous to get into in this thread. Why do you think he won’t shut up in retirement like every other presidents before him? He’s flapping his gums everyday now because Trump is dismantling his lies err...I mean his legacy before his eyes.

11. Rileydog

give me some examples and I’m happy to think about them.

I have both CNN and Fox News apps. As a rule, I won’t open CNN until I’ve first seen Fox. That process requires me to consider different viewpoints. Not that you’re necessarily going to, but I really don’t care to hear about OAN Breitbart or other sources that traffic in conspiracy theories and overtly promote racism.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Rileydog

its entertaining you because you aren’t black, Mexican, asian, Muslim, gay?

Nook, RayRay10 and JayGoogle like this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I dunno, that's you. Your feelings are not facts, but maybe because as @Rileydog pointed out you're all in? He's your guy and all.

Why is Trump lying about elections? Why is he saying that illegals are getting ballots in California? Why is he lying about mail-in ballots? These are no small lies and he's lying about it a lot recently. Should make you scared about what he actually thinks about fair and free elections.

What kind of argument is this?

What if he's wrong? What if he is everything Mattis says? What if giving him 4 more years of power is the beginning of the end for democracy in this country? Something to think about, isn't it?

What is he right about exactly?

Not sure there was a moment that Trump was loved by Democrats before 2016. He spent his whole time then doing his birtherism crap.

Before then he was just another celeb. Not sure there was ever a moment where he was celebrated or liked among anyone other than people that thought he was an entertaining personality, which he was. It's just that the presidency shouldn't be about entertainment.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I applaud this process! There is not a non-biased news agency on this earth. Except for the Hannity Show.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You are basing this on what?

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

You're pretty hilarious.

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is that a serious question? I remember support for Trump was past 80% for cops

18. IVFL

IVFL Member

Interesting that's what you pulled from what I responded with. I honestly was hoping for some substance from you. All bluster no significance. Looks like the self-reflection got thrown into the trash real quick. My side of the aisle? Please let me know what my side of the aisle is. I think you might be surprised what "my side of the aisle" is. As for Trump, I have never in my life liked Trump. I feel like I have always seen him for what he was. I still remember the first time I saw Trump as a kid, he was on the cover with a bunch of money in his arms bragging about how much money he made in a day. Yeah, I loved that guy. . . .. . He is what I always felt he was. A braggart that can not back up his boasts.

Obama's lies are too numerous to get into in this thread. That to me is code for "I really can't name any so if I make it seem like there are a lot maybe I will get a pass and won't be pressed on this issue" Much like Trump's current lie of Obamagate being the biggest crime ever.
    I now see why you like the guy, so much in common.

You love that Trump is a counter puncher, yet if anyone counterpunches him you complain about it. Seems the right have a word for that. . . . . what is it, snowflake. Is that right? I am asking for a friend.
    Obama has rarely spoken directly about Trump, he may allude but he rarely speaks directly about him. Can Trump say the same thing? Once again your okay with one person doing something 100 times as much but freak out if the other person even hints at doing it once. A little self-reflection will go a long way.

19. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Instead of a tip jar bet there should be a bet that whichever candidate loses the supporters have to watch a week's worth of Hannity or Meadow. The only problem with that is whoever wins will be watching that show and saying "Yeah! Take that MF!"....lol.

20. generalthade_03

It’s still early, the fat lady hasn’t sung yet, but for a starter, how about China? The biggest thread of the 21st century to mankind and he’s the only one tackling it.