1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Mallett start against the Browns?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Nov 3, 2014.

?

Will Mallett start against Cleveland?

1. Yes

50.4%
  2. No

49.6%
  1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It's really telling that our OL coach goes to Miami, Tannehill goes from being most sacked in 2013 to #15, and their running game goes from #26 in 2013 to top 4 now, with jobber Lamar Miller.

Dunn's ATL unit was one of the worst last year. This is BOB's David Gibbs, except we knew he sucked before the hire was even made.

2. Poloshirtbandit

3. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think that those who are hoping for a 1st round QB from a coach who has not only drafted a QB he had at the top of his board but also traded for a former QB of his are going to be very disappointed come draft day.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They should alternate quarters.

5. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

i dont even know.

it's becoming clear the texans have no plan.

a rudderless ship.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

The only reason why Nuke got open was because they ran some perfectly designed pick plays to spring him open. Andre is not getting those type of plays. None of our WR's are getting wide open in this offense. Plus if you noticed, teams are not playing zone mainly because they know the Texans are not going to beat them deep. LOL Our passing game is one-dimensional.

Also in the past few games Fitzpatrick haven't targeted AJ until the 2nd quarter or in the 2nd half.

7. Nook

Nook Member

The Texans have no clue what they are doing.

It is like that scene in Space Balls when Dark Helmet says he is surrounded by assholes.

The owner is oblivious and doesn't really care as long as he has a buddy in his sky box and Clay Walker is around to play his favorite songs.

Smith isn't qualified to be a GM. He ruined the cap. I will give him this much, he is great at deflecting blame.

O'Brien is clueless and just gets more and more angry with the media after each loss. That and he lies about injuries and player performance to the point it is insulting and makes him look like a boob.

The QB should be a second stringer somewhere and NEVER see the field. He lacks the arm strength to zip 12 yard passes. You literally see receivers turning around and diving forward to catch skipped passes.

The OL is not very bright and sick of protecting a quarterback that wants 5 seconds to throw.

The receivers have just checked out. AJ knows he wasted his career playing for a mediocre to bad franchise. Hopkins is expressionless and when the ball hits the ground just stares blankly at the ball.

On defense they just suck up the middle. Watt tries, but even he looks dejected when his teammates give the game away time after time.

This team isn't the most talented, but are not the least either. They have had an easy schedule and winnable games.. But they are losers, not stopping teams on third and long, missing easy field goals, fumbling close to their own end zone, catching third and long passes and then fumbling, or holding on to the ball for an eternity until there is a sack.

Hey BOB you don't get an award for barely losing... Then again maybe that is good enough for McNair.

8. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

ok, i see. your propensity for hyperbole extends well past chandler parsons.

9. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

hyperbole :confused:

what is not true?

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I hope you didn't get confused about the coach speak surrounding Savage. If Savage was "near the top" of the Texans QB board, then it's because OB didn't think highly of other QBs, not that he thought Savage was that good. If they had a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round grade on Savage, they would've taken him earlier. But they didn't. They took him where they thought it was appropriate to take him, the 4th round, where good QBs don't get drafted. He's an experiment. A shot in the dark. A guy with "potential" (that's a dangerous word) who didn't play much who they're hoping to get something out of. Don't try to spin that into thinking that OB went out and got "his" guy already.

11. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Haha....I'm spinning?

You literally just pulled all of that out of your ass. I used exact words from the guy running the show. And he traded for another guy he is familiar with.

I am not rooting against a 1st round QB, but not getting my hopes up either.

We'll see come draft day.

#71 crose, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  12. Raven

Raven Member

It certainly looks that way when it comes to QBs.

Mallet needs to start in two weeks, because Fitz is a straight path to 6-8 victories, and the Texans need to know what Mallet can give them, and that might take more than one start. In fact, it almost certainly will take more than one start.

13. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I really just don't see it happening. I thought that BoB would be a different type of guy than Kubiak, but as the season goes on he seems to be almost the same... O Biak.

14. likestohypeguy

Has mallet's deleted tweet been mentioned here? It wasn't actually bad, the usual backup qb mindset of "staying ready, waiting for my chance", just given current qb circumstances & the fact that he deleted the tweet & had to clarify made it funny.

15. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mallett time!!!

16. Raven

Raven Member

Apparently, yes he will. :grin:

17. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

perfect time to make a QB change. Have a full bye week to get prepared. Finally a good coaching decision.

18. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I need some apologies from some of you. Because I was the first who broke the news from my sources that Mallet is practicing with first team and having some preps. Some of you called me an idiot that my sources are fake. How you like me now?

19. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

When did u report that? I missed it but I totally would have believed u. Glad to see changes. It's about freaking time.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

KUDOS to all the clairvoyant fans...

Yes:
    AFS, akbar, Alimoe84, BabyBatterBoy, BigggReddd, charlieaustin, CisBuds4U, Clutch City1993, Commodore, Crashlanded19, Cstyle42, Damion Laverne, desi tmac91, Dirt Road, EddieWasSnubbed, Fulgore, got em COACH, Houst0ne, Houstunna, Hou_rox, htownb4lla, Indaface, IronTexan93, ItsMyFault, Jay_g0, jev5555, JonRetro, K-Low_4_Prez, K1TCH3NS, kaleidosky, ktbballplaya, ln3012, M.G., Mac#5, Nash, newAge_Rockets, Nick_713, No Worries, plcmts17, Pokito1120, Progs, Ramathorn006, RasaqBoi, Raven, RCPM, RedRedemption, robbie380, Rudyc281, SC1211, sealclubber1016, shawn786, slowmustang, solid, Sooty, SpGish20, StevieCrossover, sugrlndkid, Texanfan33, texanskan, tharges, The Law, The Real Shady, theimpossibles1, thino, tinman, Uprising, vick, Xcellerator, ynelilvs99, Ziggy