1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will James Harden be left off an All-NBA team this year?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HardenVolumeOne, May 17, 2021.

1. HardenVolumeOne

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/st...all-rookie-zach-lowe-names-2021-award-winners

Looks like zach Lowe went out of his way to leave harden off his all-nba team this year. Bradley Beal and Chris Paul did not have better seasons than harden. Harden finished top 10 in per, and win shares per 48. Was 2nd in basketball reference mvp tracker before his hamstring injury. Harden I believe had the best net rating on the nets core big 3.

People are gonna say harden didn’t play enough games or minutes. FINE, then why is Lebron on an all-nba team. He didn’t play enough minutes either and is currently in a playin game

the nets would not have the 2nd seed without harden this year. What were they 27-7 without Durant and kyrie and just harden. They were 7-6 before they traded for James

The league has to do something about the nba media voting on awards. They are biased especially when it comes to harden

for instance what makes Bradley Beal’s season this year better than 2016 James harden. It seems like the media wants steph curry to catch James harden in all-nba selections. They are very aware that harden has double the amount of all-nba selections as curry and that’s with harden being robbed of one in 2016

BigShasta, pippendagimp and hakeem94 like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Everyone is biased period, anyone saying otherwise is lying.

But my guess is Lebron is on there because the lack of competition while the guards slots are always like "Who you gonna leave out" in this case it should be Irving. I'd put Harden in there over Kyrie but that's just me.

And I'd put Randle on 2nd and put Lebron on 3rd oh and also put CP3 first team over Dame. In fact, CP3 should 100% be MVP in my mind. He literally went there and made them a contender and this is after going to OKC and taking a lottery bound team to the playoffs so yeah I'd have him on first team.

#2 JayGoogle, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
    napalm06, hakeem94 and jiggyfly like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Personally, I don't think any of the Nets played enough to warrant being on the teams this year. But everyone in the league knows these guys are All-Nba players so i actually don't think it matters much to them at this point. If they were banged up, they sat out for lengthy periods. And longer than usual had they been in different situations. They're focused on winning a ship and likely will.

napalm06, Patience and jiggyfly like this.
  4. HardenVolumeOne

their is no lack of competition at guard sports though. On the other hand you could easily have put capela or jonas valinvincas in for lebron and nobody would even care. Bottomline is that bradley beal and cp3 were not better than harden this year. The NBA is losing viewers and ratings because their writers and outlets openly crap on their product. When you watch nfl live on espn or mlb live on espn they DO NOT crap on their stars unless they do something wrong. The NBA is going downhill fast and they have no one to blame but themselves for their inconsistencies when it comes to how they hand out awards which ultimately affect legacies

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. HardenVolumeOne

without harden the nets would have been probably been bottom seed in the east. Harden deserves to be on an all-nba team. This is getting insane, bradley beal REALLY over james harden wow

BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's what I'm saying, there are more elite guards than forwards in the NBA so it's harder to make All-NBA as a guard.

As for the rest of it...I don't think it's a conspiracy. Beal and CP3 deserve to be there this year man. Beal finished 2nd in scoring and did so pretty damn efficiently and CP3 took what was a fringe playoff team and made them compete for a #1 seed...it's not that controversial or shouldn't be that those two guys are on the team.

James is going to get less personal accolades because of who he plays with. That's how it usually goes. You didn't see Durant win MVPs on GSW and he also wasn't getting All-NBA first honors either. Just how it goes. The more impact you have (and you have more perceived impact on worse teams) the more people will give you praise for it.

Harden has to share his glory with Kyrie and Durant now. That's just how it goes. That's the 'sacrifice' that a lot of these players mention when it comes to winning championships.

Patience and jiggyfly like this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

For those that don't have Insider, did Lowe mention why he left Harden off his all-NBA lists?

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Harden played 36 games -- 8 throw-away games for Houston and 28 games for the Nets.

No other explanation is required.

AleksandarN, TimV, napalm06 and 8 others like this.
  9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Kyrie made Lowe's 3rd team, which is baffling. He (nor the Nets) would not have had the season they had, if it hadn't been for Harden. Harden took over ballhandling duties and held it down while Durant was injured and Kyrie was being mercurial.

If it was me, I'd put Harden on the 2nd team, replacing Butler, and move Butler to the 3rd team, replacing Kyrie.

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

The biggest issue with that Luka is sneaked on as Small Forward, which is very questionable.

The player that maybe Harden should have replaced is Jimmy Butler. I can understand Beal and Paul being on the team.

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Harden only played in 44/72 games this year. At the end of the day that's just not enough. I love Harden too but sorry, at the end of the day the best ability is availability. These awards need to be based on actual value provided not on extrapolated theoretical value. Most people would still agree that KD is a top 5 player but he's an even more extreme case of missing games. And if you're gonna bring up LeBron as a counter argument, my answer is that he shouldn't be in either and 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Rockets4Life13 and jiggyfly like this.
  12. HardenVolumeOne

so did harden deserve it 2016, when klay thompson and kyle lowry made it over him. The league is not consistent. I already gave you names that could have filled in for lebron due to his season not qualifying( capela and jonas).

The warriors in 2016 had damn near 4 all-stars and 3 of them made the all-nba team, so dont give me this notion that the all-nba team couldnt have featured all three nets players. If the league wants use rules to hand out awards than be consistent. Thats the the problem, the media has made james harden a villian from day one and now its to the point where he is screwed out of mvp awards and all-nba selections. I would have no problem with beal making it this year if harden made it in 2016

13. HardenVolumeOne

LeBron didnt play enough games to qualify for his season either, but he is on the all nba team. If their was no lebron you would have no argument from me

clos4life, hakeem94 and red5rocket like this.
  14. Juxtaposed Jolt

It was 8 for Houston and 36 for the Nets, according to Basketball Reference. And of those 8 'throw-away' games, he still averaged 25/10/5. I don't think he quit quit until the last two games against the Lakers.

So he played 44 games this year, regardless of circumstance. For reference, LeBron played 45 games this year for the Lakers, and he's 2nd team.

hakeem94 and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  15. HardenVolumeOne

LeBron didnt play in the required amount of games either. If their is no harden, their should be no lebron. If lebron is there, then so should harden

BigShasta and red5rocket like this.
  16. HardenVolumeOne

finally a voice of reason, some posters here are trying to damage control this injustice. But we all know the media treats and has always treated harden with a different set of rules

BigShasta likes this.
  17. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

That's what I'm saying. You don't correct the mistake of having LeBron by putting Harden in as well. There's some BS in this world that we just have to accept and LeBron media bias is one of them. Even with that it's not like he didn't take a hit. Most people would still say that LeBron is the best player in the world but in the end his goons are gonna have to settle for 2nd or 3rd team.

Rockets4Life13 and malakas like this.
  18. HardenVolumeOne

thats not how life works, if lebron didnt play enough games he shouldnt be on the all-nba team

19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

You hate to see it.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  20. HardenVolumeOne

if thats the case, then it makes the nba look like crap in comparison to the nfl, mlb, and nhl. The nba's hall of fame is already the worst of the 4 major sports where anyone and their grandma can get in. But now they are losing credibility when it comes to historical relevance as well. SAD