1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Hasheem...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YaoMac09, Apr 27, 2011.

?

Will Hasheem score more points over his career than Yao in his rookie season?

1. Yes

79 vote(s)
    27.4%
  2. No

100 vote(s)
    34.7%
  3. Brian Cook

109 vote(s)
    37.8%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I see potential all over this guy if he just gets some confidence....look at him and Yao training together last summer.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kDdVQN7xEuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DD

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm with you DD.

I think he is capable of being a decent backup C, and we could have him on the cheap.

Give me 15-20 minutes a game with 2-3 blocks and 6 boards... Perfect type of guy to throw in when the playoffs roll around and we see some dominant bigs.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Watched the whole thing. Don't want to be mean, but I thought Thabust looked pathetic unless it was a layup or dunk. Half the time he took a shot it looked like he launched the ball from his palm. Watching a player do layup, dunk and 4-ft hook shot drills completely unguarded isn't a good way judge upside. If you honestly believe he has any offensive potential, all I can say is "there you go again".

But I assume you are being sarcastic with this post. If not, smh.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The fact that you are calling him Thabust means you have made up your mind, yes he needs work, but he is a 7'3" athletic center.

He deserves a chance to play significant minutes in a rebuilding situation to see if he can develop, we have nothing to lose by it.

DD

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yes, I've made up my mind. Thabust's two seasons as a complete, pure, unadulterated flaming failure in the NBA are enough to form a conclusion.

To your other comment: He doesn't deserve anything and must earn his time on the floor by showing heart, effort, determination and success in practice. If he doesn't start working hard and acting like he really cares, he shouldn't be rewarded with playing time. If McHale puts this slug out on the floor for "significant minutes" while holding everyone else on the team to a higher standard, he's a worthless coach who will lose the respect of the players. I'm hopeful he doesn't share your viewpoint.

6. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I'm guessing you also consider Flynn, J-Hill and T-Will all "bust"?? None of them get regular minutes...

Regardless of how much heart you act like youve seen in practice (im assuming from your statements about him not having heart in practice that you actually attend them) Thabeet has THE most potential as a legit rim protecting TRUE center of any player on our team and should undoubtedly get minutes to prove whether or not he can contributer... He was leading all rookies in blocks per game when he was getting regular minutes..

Let the guy play as a Rocket before you judge him, and before you say "he had his chance in Memphis", he's been stuck behind a rotation of Gasol and Randolph since he got there... ABSOLUTELY no reason he shouldnt be given minutes this season as one of the top 5 most-athletic Centers in the league...

Watch him "rock the cradle" on the fast-break in the Chinese Charity game.. Not many centers can do that..

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't know about "bust" but that's a pretty disappointing draft class to say the least...and Thabeet is the poster boy for that disappointment.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lets see. Two full seasons of play. One playing through hip injuries most of the time. One being traded early in his career, not getting playing time, then showing progress when he does play significant minutes. One who has never really gotten decent minutes in the NBA but showed potential in the D-League. Finally, one who had a good year his rookie season, then is traded and has not gotten any minutes at all. Also showed potential in the D-League.

Yeah....disappointing.:rolleyes:

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I didn't say there weren't legit reasons for it...only that that particular draft class hasn't shown much to date that gets anyone real excited. You typically expect more from first round picks than, "never really gotten decent minutes in the NBA, but showed potential in the D-League."

I'm not saying they can't turn it around...but I don't know how you can argue that they've been anything but disappointing so far. The #2 pick is already on his second team and was playing D-league ball...that's not exactly a ringing endorsement of a #2 pick. Even knote is saying, "hopefully he can become a nice backup."

10. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

That's the whole point behind developing Thabeet. We have no rim protection, that's why our defensive numbers suck. W/ Yao & Mutumbo we were top 5 in in opponent's FG%. We just need a shotblocker and we will be very solid. Look at what Tyson Chander did for Dallas' poor defense -- he made it solid.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Of course he'd be a big help, but seein Martin, Budinger, Scola, etc. this is not only a problem of rim protection. They just plain bad defenders with wack footwork.

12. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member

he has potential to do something but i doubt it

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hopefully with the addition of Morris and the inclusion of Williams, that can change.

14. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I thought you were being sarcastic but since you're serious I must ask, why in the world would you choose this video to prove your point ? He doesn't show any potential in this video. The difference between Yao's work ethic and Thabeet's too obvious. Also, the guy doesn't even bother to take Yao's advise on flicking his wrists. The guy just throws it up there, terrible form.
    I truly hope the guy understands it's do or die time and for the Rockets' sake he'll come through. We really need a center and a 7'3 one would be great, but I see him falling quickly...

15. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

This was 2 years ago.. theres no doubt that he needed work, but Deke had one of the most unconventional hook-shots ever and he got it to go. Noah shoots a freaking knuckle ball at the goal.. He needs refinement in every way, thats obvious..

But he's not supposed to be a scorer!!! Blocks, rebounds and dunks.. If he does all of these well and makes the occasional ugly hook shot, he would be MORE than helpful to this team.. Btw, his jumper may be ugly, but it honestly goes in... Same with his free-throws..

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

When did he show potential in the D-League? If you don't dominate the D-League, you aren't showing any potential.

17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

His first stint in the Dleague with the Dakota Wizards, he had some pretty damn dominant flashes.

He looked scary out there...

With the Rox DLeague he just sucked...

18. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

75% chance that Thabeet's a bust.

60% for T-Will. 20% chance that T-Will becomes useful for us; 20% chance he becomes useful for some other team.

19. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Thanks for those well thought out percentages... Can we get an advanced Denton line graph too?

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

if thabeet has a bad season do you think we should trade him