1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Fuller suspended for 6 games

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by zeeshan2, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Texans are a joke, cutting somebody and then trying to re-sign him back less than a week later?

red5rocket, arkoe, BigShasta and 3 others like this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Yet Hopkins wasnt "worth" 18-20 per?? SMH.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Hop was getting 18 per wasnt he? He wanted 22 mil per which is what he got with Arizona, right?

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Wasnt Nuk's contract here somewhere like 12-13Ms per year?

I could have sworn I read something that he would have "settled" for 18 per to stay here. Just wanted to be among the top WRs in terms of annual salary, didnt want to be the highest paid per say.

Cardinals were creative in the way the structured the deal. Hell of an extension 54Ms over two years, but the big numbers dont kick in for a couple of years. I think the average salary including extension when factoring in the existing contract equated to 18Ms per year. Its all imaginary numbers anyway really - just gives these guys bragging rights among themselves if you ask me, but money should never have been an issue to keep a guy like Nuk around. This team did him dirty.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/deandre-hopkins-12307/#:~:text=Current Contract&text=In 2020, Hopkins will earn,dead cap value of $42,750,000.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I think I’m off or misremembering time line. I know I read a story where his “money” annually would be 21-22 mil a year with Arizona.
    This is all I could find about Texans contract.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...ortedly-agree-to-new-5-year-contract.amp.html

7. conquistador#11

GM Watson has spoken." It's important we bring him back" breh, what did Roby ever do to you! =) I'd give fuller 3 years 34 million. 3 mil raise if he plays 16 games

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Unfortunate? Have that same energy for Roby/Fuller as you did for the rook. What Roby/Fuller did was “selfish” and stupid”, not “unfortunate”.

deb4rockets, Fulgore and Nimo like this.
  10. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

The season’s basically over for the Texans and those are veterans who are still in the league because of their play. Blacklock hasn’t done anything yet to earn any type of respect.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. Nimo

Nimo Member

To be fair. Watt is in the same position group and meetings with Blacklock. Watt is the direct leader of that group and that was probably something they discussed in private meetings. Fuller and Roby are both leaders of their position groups. It is really for the coaches to call them out. And they didn't.

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The Blacklock quotes were the outlier, and we were wondering why JJ went out of his way to bury the rookie. Maybe JJ was trying to be a tough big brother, maybe Blacklock's maturity has been a problem in camp, who knows.

Also, I can't imagine many players call out other players on banned substances. That's a minefield for any pro team, let alone ours with S&C coach Brian Cushing.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Wow I thought Cushing stopped being on the staff but apparently he's still there as our strength and condition coach. No surprise that two of our top players got busted for PEDs then, they are getting advice from the expert at juicing. Cush been on PEDs since college.

deb4rockets likes this.
  14. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Meanwhile Demeco has been on an actual coaching track in SF with a defensive coordinator gaining some momentum for a head coaching gig.

Looking at the wikis now, I didn't know Saleh had his start on the Texans staff for 5 years through the Kubiak era.

15. conquistador#11

Yeah all these kids doing their thing. If Saleh is hired here, the offense everyone jizzes to during episodes of nostalgia would reemerge. In which case, I could see that other kid TJ yates being the only one kept around by Saleh.
    They go pistol and empty a lot in SanFran.

But Bieniemy brings those sexy rub routes that we were complaining about Kelce and Hill doing back in the day before Mahomes fans even showed up. Can't go wrong. Surprise me.

:Narrator: The Texans did surprise as they brought in Jeff Fisher to be the new head coach.

16. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Saleh is a DC in San Fran. If hired he'd be wise to bring in an experienced OC and install an offense.

17. conquistador#11

corrected it. I'm sure he will. I'm just saying there will be a place for TJ yates, especially when Watson loves him and he's familiar with that kid Kubiak. Not just THAT offense but an oline coach that has experienced with THAT offense. Saleh will also bring the 4-3 and the wide 9

DieHard Rocket likes this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Misleading headline if I’ve ever seen one. They’re citing Pancakes saying we should resign Fuller.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just cause you love a guy, so what? He's a cheat, and a dumbass who just hurt our team. I prefer guys who can stay healthy more than half their career. I prefer guys who don't cheat to win.