1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Fuller suspended for 6 games

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by zeeshan2, Nov 30, 2020.

1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Thanks for writing out that press release, Will

2. Nook

Nook Member

With Harbaugh you get someone that is a manager. He goes through the organization and completely uproots it and instills a different culture. He lasts about 5 years and then he wears out his welcome. I am perfectly fine with that.

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Uprooting the culture is exactly what we need.

Nook and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. showa13

showa13 Member

I truly believe that Harbaugh would grind Easterbunny out of the organization.

donkeypunch and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ol’ Khaki **** pants?

[​IMG]

Fulgore, T for 3 and conquistador#11 like this.
  6. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Will Fuller of the 10 cent brain. Damn. We have no one worth a **** at the WR position anymore.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Absolutely NO CHANCE Harbaugh gets the Texans' job. Michigan's underperforming......and THE WAY...they are underperforming is the reason.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The guy can't even properly run a college program, why would ANYONE give him complete control over an NFL team?

9. Nook

Nook Member

I don't want Harbaugh...... but I doubt he would want to deal with McNair and Easterby anyway.

10. Nook

Nook Member

I don't especially want Harbaugh, although I expect he would be better than whomever they end up hiring.

Harbaugh did really well at Stanford and with the 49ers....... not so good at Michigan.

11. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Verbal Christ likes this.
  12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Easterby is not an issue. Again, his fate will be decided by the new GM.

13. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

So disappointing. I thought Easter Bunny has just rubbed some Jesus on Fuller's hamstrings.

14. Nook

Nook Member

False, Easterby is an issue and Cal McNair has said that Easterby will play a big part of what the Texans do:

Anyways, today McNair told McClain and Schefter: “Let me reiterate: Jack will not be our general manager,” McNair said. “But he will have a significant role in helping shape our future here within the Texans.”

According to the Texans website, for what that’s worth, McNair is correct. Easterby “manages all football operations and directs the overall culture of the organization.”

“(Easterby) is going to be an incredibly valuable part of our franchise moving forward as he works with our next general manager and head coach.”

So........ Easterby isn't going anywhere, and he will be a big part of the organization.

conquistador#11 and Pringles like this.
  15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Easterby is not an issue, as John McClain on the SAME day was told the next GM will decided Easterby's fate.

I was listening to 610 when McClain said it and referenced Schefty's tweets.

Managing NOW, doesn't mean Managing in the Future.

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

There are numerous credible reports that GM candidates still think Easterby is an issue and it makes the job less desirable.

Nook likes this.
  17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Doesn't matter how many times you tell him Easterby is an issue. My advice is to stay out of that rabbit hole. (Not that you want/need my advice)

BMoney and Nook like this.
  18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And McClain said candidates who contacted him (9) didn’t even mention Easterby. I guess we will see.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...-Bradley-Roby-suspensions-impact-15767979.php

A pending unrestricted free agent, Fuller loses five game checks and $2.989 million in remaining salary and has impacted his market value.

Having his best season until this NFL punishment, which became official Tuesday when he and Roby were placed on the reserve-suspended list, Fuller isn’t expected to command the $15 million to $17 million annual compensation he was originally slated for.

The Texans would like to retain Fuller on a new deal, according to league sources not authorized to speak publicly.

Signed to a three-year, $36 million contract last offseason, Roby loses $1.511 million for the remainder of the season as the discipline from the league cost him five game checks and a weekly $31,250 per-game active roster bonus.

Under the standard contract language, the Texans have the right to void the guaranteed portion ($8 million) of Roby’s scheduled $8.941 million base salary for 2021. He also loses $590,074 in total pay by missing the first game of next season.

The Texans get a salary cap savings credit because of the suspensions and are currently $10.411 million under the NFL salary-cap limit of $198.2 million. They’re projected roughly $15 million over the projected $175 million salary cap in the 2021 league year.

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Fuller at $17 million per when you’re already over the cap? Yuck. This organization needs to pull its head out of its butt & get it together.

Verbal Christ likes this.