1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Dwight get suspended for game 5..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ansfjs73, May 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. PJ86

PJ86 Member

So if Dwight is out of game 5 and we win, small chance but still and he comes back for game 6 and gets a technical, he's suspended again?? Perfect opportunity for the NBA to punish Dwight even more, they are not going to give him any help with his image. So unwarranted.

2. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I don't think they will take the flagrant against Dirk into account because they had the chance to rescind it and didn't. I expected them to, but they never did.

3. MistaK

MistaK Member

Personally I have a feeling that this will get upgraded to a Flagrant 2 ..unfortunately, though I hope I'm wrong!! But it was a dumb move by Howard. Sure he got hammered, but his reaction was unnecessary.

4. malakas

malakas Member

It was a flagrant two. Bogut should also get a flagrant 1.

5. Htown4life420

Htown4life420 Member

DUDE NO ONE LIKES YOU. GO AWAY. btw bogut was holding his arm and has done been doing this same tactic of pissing of dwight and then acting like a b#$ch to get Dwight a tecnical in a previous game, i think it was game 1 or 2. I hate Bogut and the warriors, the only one I don't mind is curry, iggy, barnes, barbosa, ezeli, and maybe thompson bc he never thinks he fouls. livingston, GREEN, BOGUT are POSs

6. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Don't be such a homer, dude. DD is right. If you look at it, it's a flagrant 2. Let's hope the NBA doesn't upgrade the foul. But if they do, you can't say they made the wrong decision.

7. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

Bogut and Green are dirty players. They do little things like that to try to get under opposing players skins. I don't respect that ****. Yall saw what Draymond Green did to Terrence Jones when TJ got T'd up? They be doing bull**** like that every game.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

none of the announcers, nor white-washer anal-yst steve javie even made mention of the fact that bogut initiated the entire sequence…..much less called him out for the same repeated antics in every game of the series thus far. obviously nobody is dumb enough to believe that dwight prefers getting into altercations over simply dominating the paint with blocks and allyoops over a jumpless bogut. so then the question becomes who or what is preventing them from shining the spotlight on bogut's (as well as draymond's) mitch kupchak inner soul?

9. malakas

malakas Member

when will we know? Before Cavs- Hawks?
    I don't have high hopes at all that it won't be upgraded to flagrant two.

10. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Part of the game ... remember the Detroit 'Bad Boys'? :rolleyes:

The only way to respond to that is to play your own game and beat them on the court ... just win.

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

nah, NBA will not do anything to take away from an exciting series.

Dwight should be careful about getting another tech or flagrant though.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Yeah, they were a big reason the NBA created the modern flagrant foul rules. They have no bearing on this discussion.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

No he is not right. Bogut pushed Dwight 1st and then grab him by the waist. After looking at the replay the refs should have gave both players a technical. These refs continue to allow these players to beat up on Howard ever freaking game. Now Howard needs to understand this as well as stop reacting with violence. Or he should start flopping just like everyone else.

14. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

League def not going to hinder its only series with some sort of story line. The Hawks are limping and Lebron is pimping.

15. malakas

malakas Member

You are wrong I'm sorry. There are clear rules for flagrant fouls : excessive and unessary violence above/in the neck -> flagrant two. Textbook definition of what Dwight did.
    Bogut's previous actions shouldn't be taken into account to make Dwight's punishment lighter, but instead he should get punished as well with a flagrant one.
    This is the way it has been done and reffed all this playoffs.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dwight has been officiated like this since day 1. The refs and league knows his physicality is too much for almost every big man in the NBA. So they allow opposing bigs not named Jordan or Hibbert to get away with cheap shots. Once Howard fights back, then a T is tossed on him.

17. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

If they make Howard sit then they should also make Curry sit. You want to follow protocols? Curry looked like he got a concusion and it should be league doctors making that diagnosis. Not biased gs doctors.

18. malakas

malakas Member

As far as I know it was the league doctors and not the teams doctors who did the neurological test on Curry and cleared him. The team doctors/ team officials have no choice but to follow the protocols even if they/the player wants to play.
    I thought it was a concussion as well but he was lucky.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Howard is so godawful intergalactically stupid. The Forrest Gump of the NBA. He knows what these clowns are trying to do but falls into the trap again and again.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Flagrant 2 by what definition? Howard was trying to clear himself of a guy who was shoving him down and grabbing him. He wasn't even looking.

How does that compare to an punch to the head by JR Smith and Kermit Washington?????

Howard doesn't even look like he was trying to knock him out or hit him in the head, he was just trying to push him away from him.