1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Will Dwight get suspended for game 5..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ansfjs73, May 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

No, just stating the fact that the show must go on and all parties involved are pressured to do so. He could have suffered a grade 1 concussion with symptoms lasting less than 15mins.

Plus I'm biased for wanting Curry to sit to give us any advantage we can get.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

It'll be tough for us if he does get suspended. It's a shame we're down 3-1 and are teetering on this announcement. I hope Capella can manage more minutes. I'm not sure small ball (Smith and Jones) will be able to get the job done and Dorsey hasn't played any meaningful minutes this post season

3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he'll be suspended only because of the fallout from Horford's ejection the night before. Both had similar intent and one received an ejection while the other didn't. Listening to JVG's rant about consistency (which I agree with) makes me think the league will not want to lose face in this, so they'll upgrade Howard's foul to a flagrant 2.

Whether or not you agree that Horford should've been ejected, it happened and the league won't want to be perceived as creating a double standard.

4. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

But Horford isn't being suspended.

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

No. Horford was not suspended after getting a Flagrant-2 and getting ejected. There is no way Howard will get suspended after that ruling.

6. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Lolno You have officially lost it.

JR Smith loaded, made a fist, and actually watched the ball pass as he punched Crowder across the face. That is without even considering the fact it knocked Crowder out.

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Disagree. Horford looked down at Dellavedova before throwing the elbow. He knew exactly what he was doing. On the other hand, Howard had his back to Bogut when he threw the forearm, and he threw the forearm b/c Bogut was holding him.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Horford was NOT suspended because he had no previous points.
    Dwight IS IN DANGER of getting suspended because he has previous points.

Doesn't matter the league doctors are the league appointed doctors and the rules are the rules. They can't change suddendly in the middle of the playoffs in the WCF because of a suspicion- which btw based on the symptoms we all witnessed is completely unfounded.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Comparing the Dwight foul to JR Smith or Horford is ridiculous. There was no intent with Dwight's foul. He was being held, tried to free his arm and when Bogut let go the arm flew back.

Now, I could see the NBA upgrading it to a Flagrant 2, even though I wouldn't. And of course because of the points that would result in a suspension.

I already said at the beginning of this series that I saw no way we could get through it without Dwight getting suspended with the points and technical fouls he already had. The Warriors are too dirty in the post for a guy with the emotional stability of Dwight.

10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The NBA is going to see it as a 'bow for a 'bow. Even though his back was to Bogut (and I don't disagree that Bogut is a menace who gets away with more in the course of a game than almost anybody else), Dwight cocked and threw his elbow and is lucky that he didn't connect. The NBA fears "discrepancies" in its officiating and is going to stand by the Horford ejection, making me believe they'll upgrade Dwight to a flagrant 2.

11. rockets018

rockets018 Member

Dwight is going to get suspended. The league has took a strong stance on elbows, and unless there is a flagrant downgraded, then we are without Dwight game 5.

Capela needs to step up. I am sure that we will bring in Papa to get some minutes too.

The could be a blessing in disguise to get Papa in and have him hold his own on picks set by Bogut. Capela has already shown he can do this and play decent man D.

Will be interesting!

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yes, having your second best player (at times best player in the playoffs) get suspended for a game is a blessing in disguise because it will let you get the worst player on your team some minutes.

Brilliant.

1 person likes this.
  13. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

This is incorrect. Dwight is currently one point away form being suspended. The only way he is suspended is if the league UPGRADES the Flagrant 1 from last night to a Flagrant 2, then he would have too many Flagrant points and be suspended.

But, if the Rockets do keep winning, any technical (one away on technical points) or flagrant (one away from flagrant points) would get Dwight suspended from the next game.....

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If Dwight is out...
    Capela starts, Bogut gets in foul trouble in the first quarter and most likely fouls out for the game, Dorsey off the bench for the first time...

And we may also see more small ball with Papa in the lineup...just hope he can knock down open shots.

I think the Rockets need to mentally prepare that Dwight wont play...good thing is that they are essentially prepared for it.

15. rockets018

rockets018 Member

You can take anything out of context if you choose.

My point is we will be bringing in someone who COULD switch a lot better on the Bogut picks to prevent wide open threes.

Any bozo with a brain knows that we are at a disadvantage with Dwight out, but I stated what could be a positive. Have a cup of coffee please.

16. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

There is a lot of money to be made in a Golden State vs. Lebron James series... It doesn't matter which team Lebron plays for anymore, because I think they could care less if it were Cleveland or whomever. And Golden State is filled with likable players for the most past. There are a lot of angles they can play off in that type of series. I think the NBA is counting the money already.

And everyone knows that the Longer the Rockets hang in there, the more likelihood that they can beat anyone. So could a suspension be a ill fated attempt to give a slight edge to Golden State, which probably doesn't even need it.

Do I expect Howard to get suspended, my answer is No. But would I be shocked if he was, my answer would be no as well. And I think the Rockets would play their butts off regardless.

17. rockets018

rockets018 Member

I was stating that the flagrant was for sure going to be upgraded, and that if a previous flagrant was not downgraded, then he will be suspended.

18. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Better now than in the Finals.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Btw...if the Rockets do lose Howard, its gonna be tough...But if they do manage to stun them for game 5, and Howard is returning off the suspension for game 6...GSW will have a lot of problems. FACT. Go Rockets...

20. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

The difference is that Rockets can actually beat Cavs without Howard. Cavs got Love and Kyrie out.