1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Durant be better than James?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by abc2007, Sep 12, 2010.

?

Will Durant be better than James?

1. Yes

233 vote(s)
    58.5%
  2. No

165 vote(s)
    41.5%
  1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

mcgrady could have played PG if he wanted to; KD can't run an entire offense to save his life.

this upcoming offseason is HUGE for him. let's see what kind of improvements he'll have next year.

2. spysta

spysta Member

No he will not, Durant is already a better scorer but he has no chance at being a better all around talent.......No chance

3. NewBigThree09

NewBigThree09 Member

Durant is not as same as mcgrady in this prime....not even close...
    Durant uses his length, his extremely long wingspan to get off shots whereas mcgrady used his athleticism. Durant is not as athletic as prime mcgrady or lebron but he gets the job. In terms of dribbling, McGrady > LeBron > Durant, McGrady in his prime has got to be one of the smoothest player I have ever seen. LeBron's dribbles are very stagnant but still gets the job done but I think that Durant's lack of dribbling skills hinders his game sometimes and he does not have the same court vision that McGrady still has or that of LeBron. Overall I do not believe Durant will be "as good" in terms of overall skills but in scoring, he is definitely no joke with a very high chance of being on LeBron's level

4. thesaint

thesaint Member

LBJ overall is a better player than Durant. Offensively Durant is better and defensively LBJ is better. Physically, quickness and speed wise LBJ is better. If I had to make a pick for my team, I would choose LBJ.

5. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

Lebron has been giving out nearly 6 assists per season since he started
    Lebron was already noted to be one the best passes in the game, in his first season in the NBA.

6. blink

blink Contributing Member

i bet if someone started a thread about durant vs tmac.... someone would say durant has better handles/passing ability than tmac

lol... this forum, why bother.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't think a Durant will ever be as good as the prime Tmac

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Prime T-Mac had a 30+ per season, something Kobe never had.

It's going to be tough incredibly tough for Durant to match it. Although I would say Durant would have a better career overall than McGrady

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he'll have a better career (he already won a playoff series).

but there's no way for me to consider him the better INDIVIDUAL player. mcgrady simply does more things on the court than durant did.

but to the general fan, durant will be considered better b/c he'll win more.

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

If I could draft 2 players to start my franchise it would be Hakeem and McGrady.

I will never say McGrady's name in the same sentence again.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

As a person, absolutely. He's already winning by an unbeatable margin.

If we're going by team accomplishments he's already beating McGrady, one of the most unfortunate current career stories in the NBA.

12. blackistan

blackistan Member

umm i would say no even tho i hate lebron and love durant

13. noize

noize Contributing Member

You guys are pathetic and a hater to compare Durant to LJ, who is half the player LBJ is. Other then scoring, Durant is inferior to every other category. Seriously wtf, what does he do better then LBJ other then scoring? LBJ is a two time MVP and could've been 3 had he stayed in Cleveland. This is an embarassing question to say the least.

A better comparison is, will Durant ever be better then T-Mac in his prime? I'm talking about individual talent and not a career accollates. My answer to this is simply "NO". T-Mac at his best is probably the most talented and gifted player in skills and physical attribute since Jordan. Scoring, defense, passing, running a team and the ability to take over at will. People forget how oh so good t-mac is b/c of the way he went out. Remember, he basically outplayed LBJ head-to-head before his heath issues + lazyness got the best of him. A guy that lead a team to 22 straight win with a bunch of scrub after Yao went out (Yao is a big reason as well).

Will will see next year what kind of stride has he taken to be that elite superstar instead of a one dimensional super star ala Carmelo Anthony whose fame and achivement is only highlighted by their great ability to score.

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

15. VBG

VBG Member

I can't believe so many people voted yes.

Durant is worse on defense, worse at passing, worse at setting up the offense, worse at dribbling.

He can shoot and he can score. That is it

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Believe it... It aint about hate for Lebron...just about stupidity

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Just a bad comparison all together... Both are anomalies though.

Durant is a 6'11" jump shooter, who has a knack for getting to the charity stripe, actually very similar player to Kevin Martin, just taller... which makes him better.

Lebron is a 6'8" PG who is a freak of nature athlete at his size.

-They are both great players, but I think Kevin Durant will age better. However, Lebron could very well end up having the better "career" but Lebron's game relies much more on his athleticism. Thats really the only basis for comparison.